PDA

View Full Version : Bug on Intercept Surkov Mission? Possible Spoilers

insurgent_x
10-09-2011, 10:42 PM
So yeah...doing a stealth run on my first playthrough, and I'm getting a little irritated with this mission.

Long story short, the only weapons I use are tranquilizer darts with the pistol, CQC and stun grenades, but I've finished this mission twice and been informed that I both stormed the palace guns a-blazin' AND slaughtered a bunch of Marines. I'm specifically avoiding targeting guards, and I'm abusing chain shot to ensure rounds go where I want them to.

What the hell? Anybody else run into this or know a possible fix?

angrykenji
10-10-2011, 12:03 AM
when you CQC, are you hitting E or Space?

JanJanssen
10-10-2011, 12:49 AM
It's a known issue that you get blamed for marine's deaths if you use the side entrance to get into the building. You'll have to talk your way through the front door to avoid that. I don't know of any other workarounds for this.

SpectralShade
10-10-2011, 04:21 AM
It's a known issue that you get blamed for marine's deaths if you use the side entrance to get into the building. You'll have to talk your way through the front door to avoid that. I don't know of any other workarounds for this.

I always put that one down to bugs myself. I always talked my way into the building and STILL got blamed for the deaths of marines every time. I stopped worrying too much about it and figured it was one of those things a patch should have fixed if SEGA hadn't cut the airsupply to the game.

jon5270
10-10-2011, 06:02 AM
The way to do this part; go to the front door and speak to the Marines (or guards) to let you in. If you go through the roof access you will always get this. I tried multiple time with tranqs and never killed anyone, you just get blamed as you are breaking in.

Also, never open the door that leads to the roof from the inside, this will also trigger it.

insurgent_x
10-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Confirmed. I ran it through a third time last night going up to the main entrance like a jackass and introducing myself to the security personnel. Not how I'd go about that personally, but I did get a new perk out of it, so there's that.

Many thanks to Jan, Spectral and Jon for the prompt and accurate replies.

SpectralShade
10-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Also, never open the door that leads to the roof from the inside, this will also trigger it.

AhA! I have a habbit of going practically everywhere, so I'm pretty sure I have always opened that door even when talking with the guards to get inside.

Good to know the door is the answer to that detail if I go for a fourth playthrough one day. :)