PDA

View Full Version : Performance issues during Battles

razz000
10-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Hey all...I didn't see a thread on this. So I figured I'd make one in hopes of getting some help (If there is one then, my bad, guess I missed it >.< )

Anyway, my problem with the game is that for some reason during battles, I have massive performance issues...

This can be as simple as the game pausing for a moment when selecting units or issuing orders. All the way up to several second to a minute or more flat out lock ups where the game simply will not respond.

Sometimes its only minor and I can ignore it, others it can take upwards of fifteen minutes to move a single unit due to the amount of lock ups and drops in framerate.

I've tried playing the game in full screen, windowed, changed the resalution and detail options, but so far nothing has fixed it.

Any help would be appreciated :) So far I'm liking it, but given how annoying the battles are, its kinda unplayable for me...

DerPapierTiger
10-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Are you playing it under Steam? If you are, I recommend to use Chrome or Fire Fox. You can log in through here, https://igmarauders.isotx.com/splashpage/.

I've heard others had problems with Steam (I did too), so switching to browser worked. Let me know if that works.

DrEPhil2
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
It works good through Chrome. Occasionally it hangs in the main menus of the game but the in-game during a battle it is good with just the occasional second or two lag when moving the mouse quick.

overread
10-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Are you joining a chat channel when in the main game screen? If so close the chat before you join a 3D game as, for some reason, keeping chat open whilst you play seems to mess up the bandwidth connection the game uses - and results in a massive degradation in performance of the 3D game.

razz000
10-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I'll give those options a shot, thanks all :)

Edit: Turning off the chat channel seemed to help, but I'll give it a shot in my browser as well, see if that improves things further. Thanks all :)

Joyce_ISOTX
10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Let us know if this fixes the issues, so we can cross out a few possibilities :)

razz000
10-12-2011, 05:23 AM
It appears to have, thanks :)

I still notice the occasional half second pause both through Steam and Firefox. But its not really a problem anymore. Thanks all for the help.

Another thing I want to ask though, does anyone else have a problem with the full screen option? I've found that a lot of the time I set it to full screen, and after flickering a few times, I'm returned to windowed mode.

Not really an issue, but its something that I've noticed.