PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Mount

Kemchimikemkem
10-11-2011, 02:19 AM
They haven't announced one, and I think in one interview it was even denied, but come on. Something this wanted by the community, they HAVE to put it in. Flying your own dragon over the snows of Skyrim would be the ultimate way to travel.

Do you think a flying mount is a good idea? Or do you think it would break the game because of x, y or z reason?

I think it would work if they did it how Donkey Kong Country 3 (for all you oldies) did the gyrocopter, only unlocking it after you did an insane amount of collecting/chores. Then it would let you access a few choice hidden areas, caves in cliff-faces, castles on mountains. Too easy to unlock I can see sucking.

Warfunn.
10-11-2011, 05:55 AM
I think it would make traveling to 'easy'. To be able to literally skip any encounters on the way, skip over twisting mountain passses and just take out any fear of running into something that could kill you.

Even if they made it hard to unlock you know someone would mod it as an easy unlock by the end of the first week lol.

It would be cool to have, but I wouldnt use it much personally.

Kiya
10-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Levitation isn't in the game (BOOO) so I doubt they will be letting us fly a dragon - unless it's in a cutscene :(. Hopefully some enterprising modder will find a way to mod it in. Might have to wait a while though.

Lone_Sword
10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I think it would make traveling to 'easy'. To be able to literally skip any encounters on the way, skip over twisting mountain passses and just take out any fear of running into something that could kill you.

That perfectly describes Oblivion's fast travel system :)

JohnnyFronthole
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
That perfectly describes Oblivion's fast travel system :)

Ha ha ha.

But seriously, how would I pick flowers from atop a flying dragon?

MediaSneak
10-11-2011, 11:10 AM

Even if they made it hard to unlock you know someone would mod it as an easy unlock by the end of the first week lol.

It would be cool to have, but I wouldnt use it much personally.But fast travel already gets rid of this fear dont ya think?.

Cobalt2202
10-11-2011, 09:24 PM
First thing that should come into your heads while thinking about Elder Scrolls is MODS. I would never ask this sort of obvious rhetoric statements for "DRAGON MOUNTS". DRAGON MOUNTS? Really? Come on now, that will be like the most earliest of all mods for Skryim!

smallhero1
10-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Having flying mounts would ruin the scale and size of the game (just look at WoW), and then there'd be a ton of whiners whining about how small Skyrim seems

Jiggy727
10-12-2011, 03:20 AM
Well, absorbing dragon's souls... What if you turn into a dragon? :eek: Sounds like something from Divinity: Dragon Knight Saga, though, so probably not... :o Still, I'd love to go burn down some villages as a giant dragon in Skyrim. That'd be sweet!

OceanArtist
10-12-2011, 06:08 AM
Well, absorbing dragon's souls... What if you turn into a dragon? :eek: Sounds like something from Divinity: Dragon Knight Saga, though, so probably not... :o Still, I'd love to go burn down some villages as a giant dragon in Skyrim. That'd be sweet!transformation? in my elder scrolls? DO WANT

Siannah
10-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Do you think a flying mount is a good idea? Or do you think it would break the game because of x, y or z reason?

- we know nearly nothing about the storyline except that it revolves around dragons and their powers / powerwords. Now imagine the effect such a decision would / could have.

- not to mention that once dragons would be rideable, the same "fans" would want the ability to burn towns to cinder with it, completely ♥♥♥♥♥♥ the game, story and lore to hell and back.

Psychological
10-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Levitation isn't in the game (BOOO) so I doubt they will be letting us fly a dragon - unless it's in a cutscene :(. Hopefully some enterprising modder will find a way to mod it in. Might have to wait a while though.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

I vote no, Personally, but that's just me.

Catgoth
10-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Does no one remember Drakan? Riding a dragon was amazing. It'll probably be modded in, if not included. I believe Oblivion had flying mounts eventually.