PDA

View Full Version : Barricade upgrade, waste of skulls?

Devistater
10-11-2011, 03:53 PM
The barricade upgrade description says it makes the barricade cheaper. But when I upgrade it, it actually gets MORE EXPENSIVE! It goes from 600 to 700 cost.

Bug?

Edit: As people corrected me, it does get cheaper, from 800 to 700. But thats only a 12% reduction! I expected more in the lines of 800 to 500 or something significant for the number of skulls it costs.

Also the devs need to change the upgrade display to SHOW how much it reduces the cost before you pay the skulls for it. I feel almost like I was tricked into wasting my skulls.

Grouch79
10-11-2011, 03:58 PM
i think you are wrong, it does cost 800 to begin with :)

LanceDH
10-11-2011, 03:58 PM
their base price should be 800, not 600. Might have read it wrong because of the font ?

Astrartea
10-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Indeed the initial cost is 800, after upgrade they are 100 cheaper.

Devistater
10-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Indeed the initial cost is 800, after upgrade they are 100 cheaper.

My bad.

But 100? 12%? Thats not worth the upgrade skulls. I wish the upgrade description would say exactly how much cheaper stuff is getting when you upgrade it.

Astrartea
10-11-2011, 05:55 PM
My bad.

But 100? 12%? Thats not worth the upgrade skulls. I wish the upgrade description would say exactly how much cheaper stuff is getting when you upgrade it.

Yeah, so far I haven't bought any price reduction upgrades since they all seem to reduce prices only by 100, and they ask for too many skulls. I'd rather save them for more usefull upgrades.

LanceDH
10-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah, so far I haven't bought any price reduction upgrades since they all seem to reduce prices only by 100, and they ask for too many skulls. I'd rather save them for more usefull upgrades.
The usefulness of it actually depends on the player.
I've played a lot of Wintermaul and Warcraftmaul, which are both a type of Tower Defense, on Warcraft 3 TFT back in the day. If you don't know those maps, you basically have to build a maze with your towers. So I actually like using the barricade whenever possible.
And yes, I too hoped the price difference would be bigger, but even just 100 cheaper helpes a lot for me.

If course, if you build your traps in a different way, this upgrade could be completely useless.

Astrartea
10-11-2011, 06:30 PM
The usefulness of it actually depends on the player.
I've played a lot of Wintermaul and Warcraftmaul, which are both a type of Tower Defense, on Warcraft 3 TFT back in the day. If you don't know those maps, you basically have to build a maze with your towers. So I actually like using the barricade whenever possible.
And yes, I too hoped the price difference would be bigger, but even just 100 cheaper helpes a lot for me.

If course, if you build your traps in a different way, this upgrade could be completely useless.

I didn't say that it was useless, I just said that in my opinion the price reduction upgrades are too expensive for the reduction they give. Of course even 100 cheaper traps is good but I think that there are upgrades that I would buy before those.

Asmor
10-11-2011, 09:25 PM
I was rather disappointed by the price reduction of the barricade as well.

The archers, on the other hand, I'm very happy with. I spam them a lot, so the savings add up. (Incidentally, did you know there's actually a minion limit? On one map, I couldn't place any more archers, said I'd hit the limit!)

Wildcolt
10-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I was rather disappointed by the price reduction of the barricade as well.

The archers, on the other hand, I'm very happy with. I spam them a lot, so the savings add up. (Incidentally, did you know there's actually a minion limit? On one map, I couldn't place any more archers, said I'd hit the limit!)

What's the limit? D: I know I've had a small army before so that's kinda....alarming >.>;

But as to the topic at hand, I'll agree with people that certain "price reductions" need to reduce by more.

LanceDH
10-12-2011, 01:30 AM
I didn't say that it was useless, I just said that in my opinion the price reduction upgrades are too expensive for the reduction they give. Of course even 100 cheaper traps is good but I think that there are upgrades that I would buy before those.
We pretty much said the same, just using different words and from a different angle

swat_1990
10-12-2011, 03:37 AM
What's the limit? D: I know I've had a small army before so that's kinda....alarming >.>;

But as to the topic at hand, I'll agree with people that certain "price reductions" need to reduce by more.

im sure they will as you play on as each update supossed to update 3 times i believe

Warfunn.
10-12-2011, 05:38 AM
For price reduction it should be a % instead of an amount.

But for me Archers + Palys + Barricades + Tar Pits + Wind Belt = Win. Had those in every map I could lol!

skevoid
10-12-2011, 11:15 AM
My bad.

I'm gonna have to disagree with ya there. Some really strong trap setups need them, and often getting them down ASAP is the difference between crushing a wave easily and failing to kill a wave. I'd put barricades as one of my must-have upgrades.

Belsameth
10-12-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm with Skevoid on this one. Also, blocking off multiple entrances to your nexus so you only have to guard one.
It's one of the three traps I *always* have with me.

That Happy Cat
10-12-2011, 12:44 PM
The question is not whether barricades are worth it, the question is whether its upgrade is worth it. You could use barricades without the upgrade, the question is whether saving a few hundred gold per map is more important than 14(?) skulls.

I think there is no doubt that barricades are almost a necessity, but what about its upgrade?

ShTuPm
10-12-2011, 02:39 PM
this game is not very specific, isn't it? I would like to know exactly what are the upgrades that I'm buying before actually wasting skulls on them. "...are cheaper". Cheaper how? By now we've established that barricades are 100 or 12% cheaper. Okay. "tar pits further slowing the targets". I'd like to see numbers, please. 2%, 5%, 10% or maybe 50%? And what about Spike Trap's snare effect? No specifics. Wall blades has an upgrade for increased damage but i have absolutely no idea if it's worth it or not because, surprise, no details. Of course there is such thing as Internet but I'd like to see that kind of info in-game.