PDA

View Full Version : PS3 demo

Ashkent
10-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Just played the PS3 demo and maybe it was because of the controller, but the controls sucked.

Trying to drive and aim with the analog sticks was ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ as hell.

DarkNightRJ
10-11-2011, 09:43 PM
That's the core of this game though. It's basically a "twin stick shooter." I'll likely be playing with a 360 controller because I think it'd be awkward with mouse and keyboard. I imagine you use WASD to move and the mouse to aim.

DJ Cryotek
10-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah, definitely meant for twin sticks. It sounds similar to Guardian of the Light in that sense, and the 360 controller on PC was great for that.

Aiming with the mouse might be better, but trying to DRIVE with the keyboard would suck. You need analog for that.

ArmorArmadillo
10-12-2011, 12:44 AM
I played it on 360, the controls where awkward at first with the speed of the action/control/car handling needed and the shooting but after a few minutes i was fine with it. Personally i'd hate to play a twinstick on a PS3 due to stick placement but then again i prefer the 360 controller so its probably just perception/familiarity.

Hank B
10-12-2011, 02:42 PM
The only problem I found was that there is no strafe, obviously given that you are in a car and not on foot, but that did hamper the twin stick shooteryness of it.
Maybe a dedicated reverse button would be nice, just my thoughts.

Ashkent
10-13-2011, 07:54 AM
I think i'm going to cancel my pre-order then as I didn't like playing with a controller at all.