PDA

View Full Version : Interest in 6v6 tourney or ladder

KiddSpooky
10-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi all, I am wondering if there is any interest in a 6v6 ladder or tournament?

My brother and I are thinking of making a ND league/ladder and want to judge interest. We figure 6v6 would be more manageable for all.

We have the site/software and are working on a rule-set.

Please let me know if its up your alley, and any other thoughts you might have.

Thanks!

chargeo1
10-12-2011, 07:05 PM
totally game for it, might need more people on my end though.

ETthewalrus
10-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I'd wanna compete, and I've got 4 or 5 friends who might want to also.

juicebox360
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Depends on time and place, but I'd definitely love to chime in.

emtwo
10-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi all, I am wondering if there is any interest in a 6v6 ladder or tournament?

My brother and I are thinking of making a ND league/ladder and want to judge interest. We figure 6v6 would be more manageable for all.

We have the site/software and are working on a rule-set.

Please let me know if its up your alley, and any other thoughts you might have.

Thanks!

6v6 seems like too few people to me. I agree that it would make it more manageable to organize/conduct the event, but I'd be willing to bet that 6v6 games are going to turn into "Which team can EMP rush the other team faster?" games.

Swixel
10-13-2011, 12:31 AM
6v6 seems like too few people to me. I agree that it would make it more manageable to organize/conduct the event, but I'd be willing to bet that 6v6 games are going to turn into "Which team can EMP rush the other team faster?" games.

I wasn't going to be the one to say it, but this is my fear.

As for space and actually controlling, 12v12 is pretty much the minimum for anything larger than metro. You need at least one person per capture point, maybe more. This game is about actual "war", not a skirmish segment in a small battle.

FlyingMongoose
10-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Game is optimized for a range of 16-32 players, just to let you know there is a very cool system that some community members have in the works for some competitive play as well :-). Can't give any more info until it's ready though it may be a couple weeks.

Anyway, 8 vs. 8 - 16 vs. 16 are the most optimal player settings (and honestly due to commander seat even odd numbers can work unlike most games out there).

raeynn
10-13-2011, 09:58 PM
I'd be willing to bet that 6v6 games are going to turn into "Which team can EMP rush the other team faster?" games.

If you can't counter an EMP rush with an organised team I'd say there are bigger problems.

Swixel
10-13-2011, 10:02 PM
If you can't counter an EMP rush with an organised team I'd say there are bigger problems.

Depends on the map.

To be fair Clocktower is a bit of a stretch for anyone, because there are only four organic routes, and you'd be sending at least two to the primary, and probably one to the enemy secondary, meaning you'd only have three potentially within range to block it ;)

Twelve means you'd expand as groups; sixteen ensures at least one commonality of pathtaking.

On Metro? Not a problem. But others hit a wall (Oasis being one, Silo depending on what time the EMP "rush" came through).

While I stand by the fact that the tactic is valid, the game isn't really designed for small scrims, except on smaller maps, and the only one that comes to mind for "scrim" type territory is Metro.