PDA

View Full Version : Been a month now since I got the game still can't play online

physicsteacher
10-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Just wondering how long is it going to be before I get a cd key for this game? I purchased it about a month ago and I still dont have a CD-key for the game. I bought this game with the understanding that I would be able to play it online.

Am I going to be able to play it soon?

OoterDuder
10-15-2011, 08:56 PM
when you click on the game in your libaray look to the right hand of the screen you should see somewhere cd-key click that an boom..its not like they tell you where it is, if you dont know where to look your like wtf

physicsteacher
10-15-2011, 09:45 PM
when you click on the game in your libaray look to the right hand of the screen you should see somewhere cd-key click that an boom..its not like they tell you where it is, if you dont know where to look your like wtf

I know what you think you are saying but that is not the case. SW Battlefront 2 doesn't have one of those.

But more to the point what happens a lot with 3rd party games is Valve buys a bunch of the cd keys and then basically sell them to the player when the purchase the game on steam.

What happens a lot though is they do a big sale like they did for the SW games a month ago and they run out of keys but keep selling the game.

Now normally they will automatically update your game when they get more keys usually a week or so later. However it's been a month and I still don't have a cd key to play online. Yes I can play single player but single player for a multiplayer game is useless.

OoterDuder
10-16-2011, 05:15 AM
sorry that did not help, maybe contact steam and ask them about it. i hope you get your cd key tho, swBF2 is an good game.

physicsteacher
11-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Contacted customer support. Their advice was log out then log back in again.

Still waiting for some actual support.