PDA

View Full Version : Linux only problem.. please help

[OCS]Junki
12-28-2004, 03:24 PM
i have created a large custom map. it's a very clean map and done properly (i think) i ran tons of tests as i was developing the map on a windows dedicated server. but now that i have completed the map we are moving it to a linux dedicated public server for hl2mp and it crashes every time we try to start it up. it gives a segmentation fault.

we were able to remove all the entities from the map except for just 2 info_player_deathmatch and _starts and it worked.

my question is. has anyone seen a similar problem? or know of any entity that would cause problems in linux only? this is very frustrating.

thanx in advanced to anyone that helps.

DoubleDoom
01-01-2005, 06:06 PM
was it made with the leaked hammer? maps made with the leaked hammer crash linux servers.

[OCS]Junki
01-01-2005, 07:26 PM
no, i use a legal, registered version of the SDK. it actually turned out to be func_useableladders. for some reason they were causing the problem. i haven't been able to pu the ladders back yet.

devilbladz
01-01-2005, 07:51 PM
are u sure u didnt use css trigers to make a hl2dm map??

[OCS]Junki
01-02-2005, 12:26 AM
thats possible.. i didn't even do the ladders. but i'll have our "ladder guy" check into that.

hondaman
01-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by DoubleDoom
was it made with the leaked hammer? maps made with the leaked hammer crash linux servers.

I love how people use the word "leaked" when in fact it was stolen.

hondaman
www.hardgaming.com