PDA

View Full Version : anyone out there? Gets to where the menu should be and crashes..

GrimCW
10-14-2011, 02:11 PM
soo went to try and play this so i could finish it after GFWL lost my saves... AGAIN... grr, i swear it does that everytime it updates.

and now this game won't play.. i've tried turning off SLI and 3D vision (usually these are the culprits) but no luck.

so heres the issue.

game loads, i get through the splash screens and then i get a black screen with the silhouette of the main character and... crash... just crash.. i've wiped every file associated, reinstalled, and same thing.
even tried a reinstall of GFWL, nadda chance.. :/
the games not that old, and i haven't done diddly to my system since i got the game besides add Win7 64. which did play it fine about a year ago, but won't now...

anyone?

Win7 64bit
4Gig DDR2
Geforce 460 x2 SLI Latest drivers.

no other accessories plugged in atm besides my G930 headset (tried unplugging that, no luck) and the X360 wireless adapter.

cronkllr
10-27-2011, 10:32 PM
You need to go to you control panel and goto your sound settings. Under playback double click on your speakers, and hit advanced change your bitrate/default format to 24bit 48000Hz. the game will launch fine ,, I had same problem ,and this fixed it for me.

GrimCW
10-27-2011, 11:56 PM
will try, need to reinstall though its been so long now didn't see any reason to keep it on there :p
but seriously though, i thought that issue was worked out of games long before this even released... oye...
i know it was patched out of several...

Darkness62
10-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Same issue here, no change when I apply the sound change. Think I will be requesting a refund, as there are no other answers for this.

Ayr1
10-28-2011, 06:39 AM
Same issue here, no change when I apply the sound change. Think I will be requesting a refund, as there are no other answers for this.
Me too, launch and crash

GrimCW
10-28-2011, 07:51 PM
worked for me.
thanks!
could've sworn this was a GFWL game :p the buttons being in color probably threw me off.
thank whoever you want its not though.. my saves are in tact! :)

make sure its the 24bit 48000Hz or less.

also, if this also shares the same bug as Dead Space, make sure no joysticks are plugged in that isn't of the xbox make :/

Darkness62
10-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Strange, suddenly started working for me, only think different is I installed Silent Hill: Homecoming, another Konami game.:confused:

GrimCW
10-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Strange, suddenly started working for me, only think different is I installed Silent Hill: Homecoming, another Konami game.:confused:

lol maybe thats what i did too, cause i had recently reinstalled that.