PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 Update is live!

WXPDarren
10-14-2011, 05:59 PM
We noticed a few issues with the 1.3 update (thanks to you guys on the forums) and added a bit more polish to the game. Changes include:

- Fix for a bug that would overwrite detailed stat information on the Leaderboards (no worries, this bug did not affect the actual score)

- Fix crash if attempting to modify keyboard mappings

- The map screen will state whether you've earned a perfect chain on each level

- Fix for a bug that would remove the hard hologram battery in the Tutorial if replaying the level without picking it up the first time through

- Prevented exploits from score camping with Spiderlings

We are hard at work on new levels and features for Xotic. Stay tuned!

Nelwyn
10-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Very nice fixes! One thing I'm wondering about though with the perfect chains...For the Green Thumb achievement, do you have to have a posted score with a perfect chain for it to count? I know I've gotten perfect chains in levels before and just hit save, but it was not a record breaking score compared to my leaderboard score. Those levels are not showing a perfect chain in the menu now with the new indication.

WXPDarren
10-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Very nice fixes! One thing I'm wondering about though with the perfect chains...For the Green Thumb achievement, do you have to have a posted score with a perfect chain for it to count? I know I've gotten perfect chains in levels before and just hit save, but it was not a record breaking score compared to my leaderboard score. Those levels are not showing a perfect chain in the menu now with the new indication.

Sigh. I think you're right. I know how I should have done it now... I'll get a fix in the next patch.

xX_Renegade_Xx
10-15-2011, 02:39 AM
We are hard at work on new levels and features for Xotic. Stay tuned!

Awesome!

Thanks for the patch :D

NoVaTuRiEnT
10-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Yeah, thanks for getting the explorer issue fixed in the previous update. The game runs incredibly smooth no matter the Frame Rate (FPS).

Had a few games here and there, and I must say - I'm enjoying it ;)
Some pretty difficult levels here and there, but that's what practising is all about.

I did notice a bug ingame.

Restarting the level before the menu shows up (when you fail for example), causes you to restart the Level again once you just restarted it? So you actually restart twice in a row. Something like that.

I could always do a video recording of it, if I'm not understandable.

There was also this other bug while playing Xotic. Something to do with the Audio muting itself for a few seconds & then coming back?
Note that my Sampling Rate is already set to 44100Hz 16bit 2 Channel for both Sound Card & in Windows itself.

PC System Specs: http://iforce.co.nz/i/kmsorh2d.bjg.png

Looking forward to upcoming content.

WXPDarren
10-17-2011, 10:16 AM
I did notice a bug ingame.

Restarting the level before the menu shows up (when you fail for example), causes you to restart the Level again once you just restarted it? So you actually restart twice in a row. Something like that.

Ah, that makes sense. There's a timer that runs and control when the results screen show up, and probably
is unaware that you've chosen to restart. I'll look into it. Glad the game's running well for you!

Lord iCeDrAgOn
10-29-2011, 11:32 PM
A suggestion I have. if you fail a level instead of going directly to the score screen, pop up a window on screen asking the player if they want to restart. if they Click yes, then the the level resets, if they click no, they they proceed to the score screen as usual