PDA

View Full Version : Library Categories Gone?

Hoverboy
10-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Over the past yeah I have created roughly 14 categories (based on genre types) in the library of my Steam client. Today when I launched Steam there seven categories; six that I created a long time ago and a “new” one called “Games”. All of my Steam games are now under this “Game” category and any non-Steam game that I added via “Add a non-Steam game…” is under the category in which I added it. Every other category, which I am going to assume contained only Steam games, is gone.

Any clue as to why this would happen? I am reluctant to use categories at this point as it seems like a waste of time if they are going to simply disappear at some random point again in the future. Kind of a downer. I have 300+ games and often prefer to look through categories based on what I genre feel like playing.

:confused:

scondran
10-14-2011, 09:13 PM
The same thing happened to me when I changed skins and on occasion when I've used another computer. Eventually the system smartens up and gets the categories back. Hopefully it will be the same will happen for you.

azzonie
10-14-2011, 09:23 PM
The patch wiped out all favorites, I assume for everyone.

hollenes
10-14-2011, 09:27 PM
My categories are alive and kicking. I only had 5 but they all seem to be intact.

Hoverboy
10-15-2011, 12:33 AM
The patch wiped out all favorites, I assume for everyone.

Ugh :(

Thanks for the reply.

Even though it will only take me a tedius 30-60 minutes to rebuild the category list (I go to the store page to get genre type, etc.) I am thinking that it is pointless to do so if they can simply blow all of your work away in a patch.

manicminer
10-15-2011, 01:18 AM
I've never bothered with categories again after all of mine also got blown away one day.