PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Controller Support?

'Rush'
10-15-2011, 01:26 AM
The last time I checked, The Icon was there. I was going to buy it because I like playing games with the gamepad, However it's not there anymore? Is it going to be compatible with gamepads or not?

rj2long
10-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Sadly they said in a post that there isn't any controller support. Otherwise i'd be using my xbox controller as well. Guess we're stuck with the ol' mouse and keyboard

Masterblaster73
10-15-2011, 06:38 AM
All games work with gamepad support.
www.Xpadder.com

rj2long
10-15-2011, 07:11 AM
www.Xpadder.com

Well that just made my day. thanks a bunch!

DrSNAFU
10-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Excuse me, I hope I don't seem trollish by saying this but... are you nuts? The primary reason Console players and PC players can't play together is because a mouse and keyboard can beat the pants off a gamepad any day of the week.

Any reason why you want to intentionally gimp yourselves?

rj2long
10-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Excuse me, I hope I don't seem trollish by saying this but... are you nuts? The primary reason Console players and PC players can't play together is because a mouse and keyboard can beat the pants off a gamepad any day of the week.

since this is a strictly co op game, i'll use a gamepad. overall its just more comfortable using a controller (for me) as opposed to a mouse and keyboard. if there was competitive multiplayer i would probably suck it up and mouse and keyboard.

thewookie
10-15-2011, 09:37 AM

That is not the main reason. Any ways, console have heavy Aim Assist even in multiplayer so a PC player would be playing against Aimbots basically.

DrSNAFU
10-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Statistics have shown that PC players with a mouse and keyboard trounce Console players with a gamepad even if the console version has aim assist.

Aim assist which the PC version of this game does not have, so you'll be even more inaccurate and clunky than using a gamepad on the PS3 version of this game...

rj2long
10-15-2011, 09:48 AM
That is not the main reason. Any ways, console have heavy Aim Assist even in multiplayer so a PC player would be playing against Aimbots basically.

The consoles do have aim assist but it definitely isn't as bad as aimbots. someone with a mouse and keyboard would still have an advantage over the slightly aim assisted console players

Pixit
10-15-2011, 09:56 AM

I'm using it so I can put my feet up on the table and chillax.

rj2long
10-15-2011, 10:02 AM

Amen to that

DrSNAFU
10-15-2011, 10:19 AM

One does not... chillax, during a bank robbery. :P

rj2long
10-15-2011, 10:24 AM

But one does.....while playing a game

Kaybald
10-15-2011, 10:37 AM

This..

Also, I find playing single player games MUCH more fun and comfortable using a 360 controller. Not necessarily MP games, but I can even use my wireless controller and sit back on my bed and "chillax". :P

Pixit
10-15-2011, 10:39 AM

No, I Chillax in games. I only bring out the keyboard and mouse if I'm gonna play competitively.

Kaybald
10-15-2011, 10:40 AM
No, I Chillax in games. I only bring out the keyboard and mouse if I'm gonna play competitively.

You're getting +1 rep from me. You are too awesome.

Pixit
10-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Thank you very much, good sir or madam!

bizmok
10-15-2011, 11:14 AM
just let me know ur steam names, so that i can avoid players that Chillax with controller

Masterblaster73
10-15-2011, 11:18 AM

Every time gamepad is mentioned with PC, these same idiotic, regurgitated, and irrelevant comments come up. Doesn't matter if they relate to the OP or not. They typically don't.

Masterblaster73
10-15-2011, 11:21 AM
just let me know ur steam names, so that i can avoid players that Chillax with controller

Don't be afraid.

rj2long
10-15-2011, 11:23 AM

Don't worry i doubt we'll ever play together. this seems to be a game to play with friends and not random people. i already have 3 other friends getting this, and probably will only be playing with them. so no need to worry about us relaxed players getting in the way of your serious, no nonsense mouse and keyboard elite games

BattleAxe_604
10-15-2011, 11:40 AM
www.Xpadder.com

Nothing beats native XInput Support that is already built into the game. I find these 3rd party profilers to be a pain in the ♥♥♥, and the controls never feel as good as it does with games where the developer has already implemented XInput or Direct Input.

I prefer to play Single Player and Co-op games with my 360 controller too for the exact same reasons people mentioned above, but my advice is that if a game doesn't support Xinput or Direct Input, then just use the mouse and K/B. Profilers are a waste of time. I found that alot of the profiles that people make up and then post for other people to download just aren't done properly. Alot of the people who post the profiles they've made, clearly have never done any console gaming, and so they have no clue as to how to properly set up a profile for a controller.

I'm getting the PS3 version of this game, so I've got the whole controller thing figured out :D But I'll probably get this game on Steam too.

To the Op

Here are two different lists that you should put on your favorites list on your web browser. These are the best lists to find out what games support the 360 controller. They are always updated everytime new games come out. Check both lists though, as sometimes you may find the odd game on one list and not the other. Chances are that if these lists don't show a game that you are looking for, that the game most likely doesn't support XInput.

Giant Bomb
http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-360-controller-support-for-pc/92-2465/

Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XInput_games

When I first got into PC gaming 2 years ago, I spent alot of time looking into this issue. You won't find any better resources than the two I listed above.

Kaybald
10-15-2011, 11:55 AM

Oh great, this guy's back..Ignore him.

Kindly go back to the TF2 subforums.

Warfunn.
10-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Who cares if the person plays with a controller or not. I don't fly airplanes in games with a keyboard and mouse, I use a damn joystick.

Thecodexnecro
10-15-2011, 02:42 PM

Amen to that bro.

Don't want them gimping my team.

Pixit
10-15-2011, 03:08 PM

I never play 4 player or less Co-op games with strangers, it doesn't work, especially when teamwork is necessary.

Never.

rj2long
10-15-2011, 03:16 PM
I never play 4 player or less Co-op games with strangers, it doesn't work, especially when teamwork is necessary.

Never.

I completely agree. i probably wouldn't buy this if i didn't have friends to play it with

BattleAxe_604
10-15-2011, 03:33 PM

Never.

Totally not true. I've hosted many games in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and many other games, and I've had a blast playing with complete strangers. Its very rare that you get someone who doesn't play with the team. In L4D 1+2 I've played with lots of strangers, and its usually always a good time. You might be one of those types of people who likes to tell people how to play, in which case you would be the one that I would kick out of the room.

Pixit
10-15-2011, 03:37 PM
In L4D 1+2 I've played with lots of strangers, and its usually always a good time.

Sorry, but I want teamwork. Ie, everyone is communicating with voice and everyone understands each other.

So far I've found out that I'm better off alone than with complete strangers.

Agera
10-15-2011, 03:55 PM
D'aw. When I play with strangers in L4D it's always a good experience and most of the times they have mics. No problem here, trough. Less elitist pricks to play with. : )

DrSNAFU
10-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Every time gamepad is mentioned with PC, these same idiotic, regurgitated, and irrelevant comments come up. Doesn't matter if they relate to the OP or not. They typically don't.

And just how is solid statistical data irrelevant? Looks like YOU need to chillax. :P Casual gaming or not, I don't like putting yourself at a disadvantage, especially when you have teammates counting on your accuracy. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't play with someone using a gamepad, I'd just jovially rib them about it every so often.

So why don't we stop tearing into each other about our gaming practices and just agree that we all love games?

WalmartGreetor
10-15-2011, 09:29 PM

Yeah, I don't get it either. Its really annoying and immature. Some of them need to stop being cramped at their desktops. Invest in a huge tv with a nice surround sound and couch then see how much you like sitting at a tiny desk.

Hopefully Payday gets proper controller support for the pc.

Kaybald
10-15-2011, 10:06 PM
I play games to have fun.

I play with strangers in coop games to have FUN. Because it's ALWAYS funny for me at least. For instance, this guy sets off the car alarm, another guy playfully curses at him and everyone has a good ol' time.

If I'm playing to be super srs then I play with friends. It's not about what's "Better" it's about what you feel like doing, and whether or not it 's more fun for you. Yeah, keyboard and mouse is more accurate. But xbox controllers are more comfortable, unless you have a big-♥♥♥ cord on your keyboard and mouse.

It's really just about what you prefer to do and what's more fun to you Like Snafu said, we all love games, after all. :)

Rific453
10-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Controller Vs Mouse and keyboard isn't really an argument.

Also if you're complaining about having to sit up and not be able to "chillax" with a mouse and keyboard, I happen to have a wireless keyboard/mouse setup for your lap, called a laptop.

Kaybald
10-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Controller Vs Mouse and keyboard isn't really an argument.

Also if you're complaining about having to sit up and not be able to "chillax" with a mouse and keyboard, I happen to have a wireless keyboard/mouse setup for your lap, called a laptop.

Lol, this is true too, but it's almost impossible to play first person shooters with a touchpad. Sorry.

kreed_uk
10-16-2011, 03:32 AM

Funny thing is.. you wouldn't notice the difference.

People who rage at people using controllers probably don't know how to properly use one. I used to be the same, sad moment of my life. Then I built myself a HTPC. Now I'm playing FPS with aim assist off and having a blast.

Controllers are pretty easy to use once you put some time in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zki_GsuGp-Q

Pixit
10-16-2011, 03:40 AM

Oh really? How does that Touchpad work for you?

This topic has derailed, badly.

Masterblaster73
10-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Nothing beats native XInput Support that is already built into the game. I find these 3rd party profilers to be a pain in the ♥♥♥, and the controls never feel as good as it does with games where the developer has already implemented XInput or Direct Input.

I prefer to play Single Player and Co-op games with my 360 controller too for the exact same reasons people mentioned above, but my advice is that if a game doesn't support Xinput or Direct Input, then just use the mouse and K/B. Profilers are a waste of time. I found that alot of the profiles that people make up and then post for other people to download just aren't done properly. Alot of the people who post the profiles they've made, clearly have never done any console gaming, and so they have no clue as to how to properly set up a profile for a controller.

I'm getting the PS3 version of this game, so I've got the whole controller thing figured out :D But I'll probably get this game on Steam too.

To the Op

Here are two different lists that you should put on your favorites list on your web browser. These are the best lists to find out what games support the 360 controller. They are always updated everytime new games come out. Check both lists though, as sometimes you may find the odd game on one list and not the other. Chances are that if these lists don't show a game that you are looking for, that the game most likely doesn't support XInput.

Giant Bomb

Wikipedia

When I first got into PC gaming 2 years ago, I spent alot of time looking into this issue. You won't find any better resources than the two I listed above.

This is not true. I use Xpadder with all my games. I have been using it for years. This is not just a simple key emulator. I suggest you read up on it before not recommending it. If A game has native support for a controller, I turn it off. This way I can use my same configuration for all games. No lag or comparability issues ever.
Not sure what you base your facts on, but you are completely wrong.

rj2long
10-16-2011, 09:23 AM
All I have to say is to each his own. We are all clearly excited about this game, otherwise we wouldn't be here. instead of nitpicking about which one is better how about we all use whatever the hell we want and just leave it at that.

jasonmode7
10-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Well that just made my day. thanks a bunch!

its not the same as native support trust me dude .... im in the process of searching an answer that bf3 supports it ?? ... i pray it does :s

try using xpadder with cod4 or any 1st person shooter for that matter and u will see exactly what i mean ... the look around right stick is the issue for me

jasonmode7
10-21-2011, 08:52 AM

To the Op

Giant Bomb

Wikipedia

if someone could let us buyers know ,who are thinking of getting it today ... if it supports ill buy for sure as it looks great

Nothing Clever
10-21-2011, 09:40 AM
if someone could let us buyers know ,who are thinking of getting it today ... if it supports ill buy for sure as it looks great

As of now, no.
Its on the list of suggested changes/patches to add 360 controller support.

I was disappoint when I started it up for the first time.

Three seconds with PGP (http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/) fixed that though, xpadder is okay too.

But I'm still hopeful for a patch to make it native, it never feels as good with a profiler.

YoungGun821
10-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Xpadder cost money, anything that does this for free?

Rayman1103
10-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Xpadder cost money, anything that does this for free?

Download the free version of Xpadder5.3 here (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Xpadder.shtml). This is apparently the last version that was released for free.

speedbutcher
11-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Use both a gamepad and a mouse.

S3anyBoy
11-16-2011, 04:49 PM
I use a 360 pad with xpadder, have since day 1. I'm almost always the most accurate player too.
With the right settings and fast thumbs a controller can be almost as accurate as a mouse and keyboard, and has some advantages over them.

Masterblaster73
11-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Use both a gamepad and a mouse.

Wow, someone that plays like me. I play with a 360 gamepad (Xpadder)in my left hand and a mouse in my right hand. I don't touch the keyboard. I get the best of both worlds.

ashlee666
10-10-2012, 03:36 PM
I use a 360 pad with xpadder, have since day 1. I'm almost always the most accurate player too.
With the right settings and fast thumbs a controller can be almost as accurate as a mouse and keyboard, and has some advantages over them.

Mainly I would like support for my Logitech G13 thumbstick, but I too like crashing on the sofa with an xbox 360 controller.

The Xpadder mouse emulation is the best I've tried, but I can't configure it's acceleration accurately, plus the movement appears more juddery than a mouse.

Any chance you would upload one of your Xpadder configs for me to look at? :)

Here's one I set up for The Ship.
It has great movement control but basic look control. To compensate for the lack of adjustable 'look' acceleration from this ancient game, the joysticks work as analog but are set to perform a speedy xpadder-controlled mouse 'whip-round' when pushed 90% distance or more.
(The in-game menu keys have been changed, but you get the idea)

;----------------------
; Xpadder Profile File
THE SHIP
;----------------------

[Profile Settings]

[Set Settings]
Set2StickDeadZones=64,74

[Assignments]
Set1Button1Slots=J
Set1Button1Toggle=1
Set1Button2Slots=N
Set1Button3Slots=D
Set1Button4Slots=X,HOLD ZONE 1.31s,C
Set1Button5Slots=Y
Set1Button5SetSelect=1
Set1Button6Slots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1Button7Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.20s,2,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,1,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set1Button8Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.20s,Escape,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,I,RELEASE ZONE 0.25s
Set1Button9Slots=Z
Set1Button9Toggle=1
Set1Button10Slots=T
Set1Button10Toggle=1
Set1DPadUpSlots=Q
Set1DPadUpMouseSpeed=32
Set1DPadRightSlots=W
Set1DPadRightMouseSpeed=32
Set1DPadDownSlots=E
Set1DPadDownMouseSpeed=32
Set1DPadLeftSlots=R
Set1DPadLeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick1UpSlots=DISTANCE ZONE 95%
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Wheel Up,DISTANCE ZONE 98%,Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=67
Set1Stick2RightSlots=DISTANCE ZONE 98%,Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=80
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Wheel Down,DISTANCE ZONE 98%,Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=67
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=DISTANCE ZONE 98%,Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=80
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.15s,B,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,S,RELEASE ZONE 0.15s
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set2Button1Slots=J
Set2Button2Slots=M
Set2Button3Slots=D
Set2Button4Slots=X
Set2Button5Slots=Y
Set2Button5SetSelect=0
Set2Button6Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.40s,Escape,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Right Mouse Button (2),RELEASE ZONE 0.40s
Set2Button7Slots=Q
Set2Button8Slots=I
Set2Button9Slots=Z
Set2Button9Toggle=1
Set2Button10Slots=U
Set2DPadUpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set2DPadUpMouseSpeed=25
Set2DPadRightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set2DPadRightMouseSpeed=25
Set2DPadDownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set2DPadDownMouseSpeed=25
Set2DPadLeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set2DPadLeftMouseSpeed=25
Set2Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set2Stick2UpMouseSpeed=108
Set2Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set2Stick2RightMouseSpeed=255
Set2Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set2Stick2DownMouseSpeed=108
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set2Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=255
Set2TriggerLeftSlots=B
Set2TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)

Forblaze7
10-10-2012, 04:52 PM

To be fair, most people get something like 20% accuracy. That shouldn't be hard to beat. A controller is only more accurate if you're just plain bad with a mouse. A mouse and keyboard have infinitely more potential in FPS games.

Sandman332
10-10-2012, 05:15 PM
yea i mean xpadder is the best thing to use for xbox controller support i use it for games that even have controller support because this program is so much better/easier.

Masterblaster73
10-11-2012, 07:06 AM

Why does every mention of a gamepad generate this off topic comment? Just mention gamepad and game experts come out of the woodwork to educate us on the obvious.
How about some people like them? Maybe it's not an issue of what is technically better. Maybe it's an issue of what they prefer and what they prefer isn't what you prefer?
Me for example, I play with a gamepad in my left hand and a mouse in my right. I guarantee my response and accuracy is just as good as yours and probably better.

Masterblaster73
10-11-2012, 07:10 AM

This is not true. I have been using Xpadder for over 5 years. It is flawless, works with all games, and is just as responsive as native support (actually I always deactivate native support and the same configuration works with almost all games).

riki2cool
10-11-2012, 07:27 AM

Bull♥♥♥♥, there's no aim assist in the Ps3 version.

Shad0WeN
10-11-2012, 10:05 PM
To be fair, most people get something like 20% accuracy. That shouldn't be hard to beat. A controller is only more accurate if you're just plain bad with a mouse. A mouse and keyboard have infinitely more potential in FPS games.

Definitely true. Oh and if anyone gets 20% accuracy then they really need to work on that :eek:

Why does every mention of a gamepad generate this off topic comment? Just mention gamepad and game experts come out of the woodwork to educate us on the obvious.
How about some people like them? Maybe it's not an issue of what is technically better. Maybe it's an issue of what they prefer and what they prefer isn't what you prefer?
Me for example, I play with a gamepad in my left hand and a mouse in my right. I guarantee my response and accuracy is just as good as yours and probably better.

Sorry, had to do it:

Your accuracy stats (http://steamcommunity.com/id/MasterBlaster73/stats/PAYDAY:TheHeist/?tab=stats&subtab=weapons)
My accuracy stats (http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadowen/stats/PAYDAY:TheHeist/?tab=stats&subtab=weapons)

also the vast majority of my total heist attempts are on Hard, Overkill, 145+. It's a hell of a lot easier to aim on Easy & Normal with less cops pegging you with laser precision and making your view 'jump'.

NaOHSpree
10-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Guys, did you realize this thread is from November 2011?

chaython
03-06-2013, 11:29 PM
i cantplay with keyboard to hard

Lulzator
03-06-2013, 11:35 PM
i cantplay with keyboard to hard
As mentioned before your best bet is to use a program like Xpadder to be able to play with a controller, it's the next best thing to in game support which Overkill seems to have no interest in putting in.

Kaybald
03-07-2013, 10:00 AM
there was literally no reason to revive this thread

fzzylgc
06-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Will there be controller support in Payday 2?

Maverick
06-04-2013, 02:08 PM

"Probably better"? What do you base that on? I can see you being equal to a PC player due to the mouse, but I have tons of keys I can press with my left hand.

Headshot2
06-04-2013, 04:57 PM

I'm glad you made went ahead and bumped a old thread instead of making a new one. :D

As far as I know, the Steam Store page shows that it has no controller support, but I think it is possible for the developers to do for PC.

ڲtRÅt
06-04-2013, 05:10 PM
If the game was ported to consoles, they should have the controller template and on-screen button icons in the game files somewhere. I personally could never play a FPS style game with a controller. Trying to aim with a controller is like p-i-s-s-i-n-g in wind and trying not to get any on your shoes...impossible!!

SamusDroid
06-04-2013, 05:19 PM
No they said they aren't interested in PC controller support.

1sniper8wolf7
06-04-2013, 05:25 PM

It would be cool for the people who do like to use a controller to have w/e the 360/PS3 interface will be to be ported to the pc version. Like how L4D does for the 360 controller and you can also remap the buttons too. This optional feature would be greatly appreciated and I also think it would bring in more new players.:)

Primary
06-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Will there be controller support in Payday 2?it's coming to xbox 360
what do you honestly think

xnorb
06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
IMO xPadder should always work, even without any sort of implementation by the devs.

But if you're already playing on the PC, i'd highly recommend getting used
to K+M, it will greatly benefit your playing experience.

Lulzator
06-04-2013, 09:14 PM
IMO xPadder should always work, even without any sort of implementation by the devs.

But if you're already playing on the PC, i'd highly recommend getting used
to K+M, it will greatly benefit your playing experience.
Some people find Xpadder to not work as well as official controller support would. I think it would be nice to give players more choice in how they wanna play, so it won't exactly hurt to improve on it.

xnorb
06-05-2013, 12:14 AM
But it would also not hurt to learn how to play with K+M :)

Lulzator
06-05-2013, 12:52 AM
But it would also not hurt to learn how to play with K+M :)
If people feel comfortable playing with controller why force them to play with a keyboard?

hendawg2020
06-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Let me throw my 2 cents in here...

I used to only play FPS's on consoles until I built my first PC about a year ago. However, and this might be because, as a software developer myself, I spend most of my days at a K+M, sometimes when playing, my left hand cramps up and I just want to go back and use a controller. This might sometimes be caused by the way that I occasionally see myself playing..which is the way you typically type...all fingers on ASDF.. This would mean the ring finger moves W&S..

On top of custom key bindings, I would actually like to see built-in controller support to play PAYDAY 2 on PC. This way I can swap between the two styles of playing and won't miss out on being able to play any way I choose.. seeing as how I sometimes feel more comfortable playing on controller..

EDIT: And before somebody says something about it, yes I realize that PAYDAY 1 has custom key bindings.. I just meant, on TOP of seeing them return..I would like to see controller support..

SamusDroid
06-05-2013, 02:14 AM
I feel mapping WASD to analog sticks works just fine. I use controller and mouse for just about every game. Moving with controller and aiming with mouse. I just mapped the buttons to controller so I could use keyboard too. I personally didn't like the more precise movement on PS3, felt awkward.

fzzylgc
06-05-2013, 02:19 AM
Personally I do prefer K+M, which is how I play at work. But at home I have a PC in the living room connected to the colour television. I cannot use a K+M there. So I can only play games with controller support at home.

xpadder tends to never quite feel right compared to proper OEM inputs.

xnorb
06-05-2013, 02:34 AM
The problem with controller support is that it needs aim assist.
And holy jezuz, i don't want aim assist in a PC game.

Lulzator
06-05-2013, 02:49 AM
The problem with controller support is that it needs aim assist.
And holy jezuz, i don't want aim assist in a PC game.
People using Xpadder aren't using aim assist as it is, so I wouldn't see why they would be compelled to start now if Overkill put official controller support in.

Primary
06-05-2013, 05:35 AM
But it would also not hurt to learn how to play with K+M :)(passive aggresively forcing you to use keyboard and mouse)The problem with controller support is that it needs aim assist.
And holy jezuz, i don't want aim assist in a PC game.pajdaj on PS3 doesn't have aim assist. lots of golden people on there, as far as I'm concerned

I do also believe that in Borderlands 2, the aim assist turns on and the option only appears if you play with the controller