PDA

View Full Version : Game wont work

grim001us
10-15-2011, 07:39 PM
I've just got Fate of the world Tipping point with steam and it wont go beyond the preparing to launch pop up box, I went into the forums and followed the instructions there but nothing worked. What do I do? Is the original game included or do I need to buy that too?? could it be that simple? can somebody help me. Thanks

rr_sam
10-17-2011, 04:40 AM
We've had a few people report this problem, but we've never seen it ourselves. :(

Can you please check to see if you had an error log created? You can find it at "C:\Documents and Settings\{your username}\Local Settings\Application Data\fotw\fotw.err.txt" on Windows XP, or at "C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\fotw\fotw.err.txt" on Windows Vista/Windows 7.

What antivirus software have you got installed? Can you try disabling/uninstalling it and launching the game? In my experience most of these weird launching issues have been caused by overzealous antivirus software, though I stress that I have no particular reason to suspect it in this case yet.

grim001us
10-17-2011, 04:48 AM
The antivirus software on my computer is Zonealarm but I read in the forums this may be a problem so I actually closed the program and then tried running the game it still didn't work and yes there was a error log created exactly where you said it would be its to big to post here where do you want me to send it and to where ??