PDA

View Full Version : STOP HATIN!!!!!

Hiphin
10-15-2011, 09:53 PM
FIRST: To all the people that are raging over the release and canceling of first release - Stop TRIPPIN!!!!

If they released the game, and you for instance couldn't join peoples servers because of a glitch, or joined in and the screen stayed black, or tried to trade a hostage and it didn't work, or tried to upgrade from your skill tree and it didn't work, or tried to kill an elite cop and he wouldn't die, or tried to plant explosives and they wouldn't blow or anything of this sort of glitch you would pull your hair out and break your game. Let this Gentlemen fix their first release and make sure it's perfect.

SECOND: Stop the conspiracy theories on why they didn't release it on the first date. They made a comment

Quote-
According to the press release, "this delay is a move to ensure players and fans of [the publisher's] promise and vision to produce high-caliber games that deliver the best quality game experience."
End Quote-

So no need to start making stupid nonsense up. Good move Overkill to pull the release howbeit on the night before to ensure the quality of the game. Very frustrating but I'd rather wait then to have played to the end of the first heist and found out that I didn't get credit for it due to a glitch.

THIRD:
Steam group is ready for release with plenty of players...
PAYDAY : The Heist (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hiphinplaypayday) JOIN US!!!! just add yourself to this group its open!!!!

P.S Stop comparing this game to other games..... all games share features and design... for all that, i can say this game is like wolfinbattlmedalofdooquakebordermetrohalooctaganop us!!!!!!!

DrSNAFU
10-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Before I address your concerns, I have a very honest and direct question for you.

Why did you post this thread? I'm interested in your motives. Do you think we're harming this game by bringing up our concerns? Do you think we're getting sick pleasure out of publicly complaining or just like hearing ourselves talk? Do you think we're just angry and want to ruin everyone else's fun? I'm genuinely interested. I've seen this kind of thing happen on dozens of forums over different games I want to understand.

FIRST: I agree completely with you. In fact, I was posting just as much on the Dead Island forums explaining how they actually should have done what these guys had, and kept the game back to finish and polish it up before releasing it. If you need to push back the release date, by all means. Making games isn't an exact science. None of the REAL complaining began until after the “18th release” thing started, and we started to feel misled.

SECOND: I try not to deal in too many theories, but some of the actions by Overkill have been suspicious to say the least. Stickying a thread describing a release, but not the PC release. And then they disappear off the face of the earth, abandoning their Q&A thread. There isn't much else to do other than speculate.

In the end, one post from Overkill would clear up 99% of all the 'whining and complaining' going on. Just one post, explaining whether or not the 18th will be the PC release, and how much more time we'll have to wait for ours if not. That's it. So instead of encouraging a few dozen forumgoers to shut up, you should instead be encouraging Overkill to take 10 minutes to talk to us like they promised they would.

enemyofportal
10-15-2011, 11:00 PM
there is really no example such this delay. how did they delay one day before release officially? it's not acceptable. if they need to delay, they were supposed to announce it at least two-three weeks. not ♥♥♥♥ing one day. are you kidding me? even ubisoft announced the delay for PC at least more than three weeks. I still don't like their behavior. it doesn't look like professional. they should explain something this time. so far they didn't commend why they are not clear about PC version release. I red article somewhere. PC version actually delays a month. so it will be someday in November. I am sick & tired of this kind of decision. polishing game, ditching bug, glitch are all bull♥♥♥♥. there is no perfect game. so you can't just delay with no reason.

DrSNAFU
10-15-2011, 11:07 PM
there is really no example such this delay. how did they delay one day before release officially? it's not acceptable. if they need to delay, they were supposed to announce it at least two-three weeks. not ♥♥♥♥ing one day. are you kidding me? even ubisoft announced the delay for PC at least more than three weeks. I still don't like their behavior. it doesn't look like professional. they should explain something this time. so far they didn't commend why they are not clear about PC version release. I red article somewhere. PC version actually delays a month. so it will be someday in November. I am sick & tired of this kind of decision. polishing game, ditching bug, glitch are all bull♥♥♥♥. there is no perfect game. so you can't just delay with no reason.

I think they had plenty of reason. If the game isn't finished it isn't finished. It took a lot of balls to stop release so they could put out a good game. The delay was last minute because they say they were racing to get it done on time and couldn't. Now of course they say there's a whole localization thing to do too. *shrug*

If you saw an article describing when the release date will be, please link it to us. We've had no concrete information yet and you'd be a hero if you could clue us in.

Warfunn.
10-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Can we just drop it... Seriously, we can wait two days to see if it comes out -.-

DrSNAFU
10-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Can we just drop it... Seriously, we can wait two days to see if it comes out -.-

If it doesn't do we have your permission to resume hatin? :P

Warfunn.
10-15-2011, 11:38 PM
If it doesn't do we have your permission to resume hatin? :P

Sure, I am just tried of seeing 2-3 new threads about the release date every time I get on lol.

Hiphin
10-16-2011, 01:18 AM
I posted this because reckless hatin kills communities and brings a quick end to anything that could have been good. "I HATE OVERKILL" can turn into a movement against the game and the company.

Of course doing stupid stuff like pulling the game the day before and not talking or assigning someone that can speak to people that are interested in the game is CRAZY, but....

Take a few things into consideration... Tell me... What was Overkills First game? How many Major titles did Overkill release?

Once they find the answers to these questions they can have something called consideration, maybe even compassion... If the game releases and is near bugless and plays just how its supposed to, has a great following and enough support to release more DLC.... then their noobness wouldn't have been that bad.

People just don't consider the inner workings of a company, all kinds of stuff could be happening with the game. Shoot for all we know they could be replacing less explicit audio with more explicit and realistic audio....or had a fallout with a voice actor at the last minute. Maybe someone wanted more money and was in the position to cause a last minute negotiation of profits. Who really knows... Not people on the board outside the company... But just be patient with this new company and don't put out bad things cause they can't be taken back. Look on the internet and see how far this Overkill/Sony hate is going because of people hatin in a reckless way.

Think of all the games that you like that people don't play because people hated on them before having ever even played......

Some of the stuff on here is crazy and counter productive. Just cause your mad... cancel per-order... or co-sign "Yeah I'm gonna cancel this company sucks"

They choked... but we can't trash them until the game comes out... They said Oct..... Let's see, if not let's give them time just all all the other companies that have to delay. When they delay its sometimes 6months, they delayed less then 1 month so far.

But I think the game is gonna be what they said it was... They are gamers and have been playing and refining the game for months. It's not a untested unpolished game that came out and flopped like everyone is starting to say...

It didn't even come out yet..............

Another thing... They are supposedly working on the game and they are a small company. Its a few days before release so they probably don't have time to talk to everyone right now.

I agree, they should have made crystal clear posts concerning the PC release. However, this is the PC boards WHAT THE HELL for even posting PSN CRAP...

I want everyone to think of this. Buy the game, and play it. If it's good, tell other people about it so they can buy it and play it. Then Post positive reviews and post videos and everything. Then Post suggestions to Overkill and see if they Do what they said and start making our suggestions. If not... PC communities can organize the hell out of an Overkill Fall. Don't prematurely kill Overkill.

Many games are pulled before release and fade away.....(True Fantasy)

Tatertime
10-16-2011, 01:40 AM
I posted this because reckless hatin kills communities and brings a quick end to anything that could have been good. "I HATE OVERKILL" can turn into a movement against the game and the company.

Of course doing stupid stuff like pulling the game the day before and not talking or assigning someone that can speak to people that are interested in the game is CRAZY, but....

Take a few things into consideration... Tell me... What was Overkills First game? How many Major titles did Overkill release?

Once they find the answers to these questions they can have something called consideration, maybe even compassion... If the game releases and is near bugless and plays just how its supposed to, has a great following and enough support to release more DLC.... then their noobness wouldn't have been that bad.

People just don't consider the inner workings of a company, all kinds of stuff could be happening with the game. Shoot for all we know they could be replacing less explicit audio with more explicit and realistic audio....or had a fallout with a voice actor at the last minute. Maybe someone wanted more money and was in the position to cause a last minute negotiation of profits. Who really knows... Not people on the board outside the company... But just be patient with this new company and don't put out bad things cause they can't be taken back. Look on the internet and see how far this Overkill/Sony hate is going because of people hatin in a reckless way.

Think of all the games that you like that people don't play because people hated on them before having ever even played......

Some of the stuff on here is crazy and counter productive. Just cause your mad... cancel per-order... or co-sign "Yeah I'm gonna cancel this company sucks"

They choked... but we can't trash them until the game comes out... They said Oct..... Let's see, if not let's give them time just all all the other companies that have to delay. When they delay its sometimes 6months, they delayed less then 1 month so far.

But I think the game is gonna be what they said it was... They are gamers and have been playing and refining the game for months. It's not a untested unpolished game that came out and flopped like everyone is starting to say...

It didn't even come out yet..............

Another thing... They are supposedly working on the game and they are a small company. Its a few days before release so they probably don't have time to talk to everyone right now.

I agree, they should have made crystal clear posts concerning the PC release. However, this is the PC boards WHAT THE HELL for even posting PSN CRAP...

I want everyone to think of this. Buy the game, and play it. If it's good, tell other people about it so they can buy it and play it. Then Post positive reviews and post videos and everything. Then Post suggestions to Overkill and see if they Do what they said and start making our suggestions. If not... PC communities can organize the hell out of an Overkill Fall. Don't prematurely kill Overkill.

Many games are pulled before release and fade away.....(True Fantasy)
Your so right.

Mr Dead
10-16-2011, 02:53 AM
I suppose that this was a thread that had to be made. There were/are haters busy hating on something they haven't even tried. They are hating because the game was delayed by a week or two. Big deal.

But the real problem for the hate was frustration at the lack of communication by the devs. In almost every car crash release/patch this year (RO2 being the exception) the real anger and hate came about not because of the problems in the game, but because of poor or complete lack of communication by the publishers or developers. Customers do not like the feeling of abandonment went something goes wrong. A few simple words can correct that.

Communication costs nothing. It can solve everything. In the second post in this thread DrSNAFU (good name that) posts a valid response, requesting a statement from Overkill to clear up misunderstandings. That's all it would take. I am surprised that today, with instant communications, otherwise intelligent individuals and organisations have not learnt the value of good communications.

In the meantime, misunderstandings, theories and hating continue. Oh, and I won't be pre-purchasing this thing, even though I'm looking forward to it and intend to get the four-pack. I need to see the product or at least read some reviews and forum reponses first. I don't intend to be burned with a bad port or a bugged-to-death game. And devs who go missing at the first sign of trouble. Again.

baronvongogo
10-16-2011, 03:15 AM
In the meantime, misunderstandings, theories and hating continue. Oh, and I won't be pre-purchasing this thing, even though I'm looking forward to it and intend to get the four-pack. I need to see the product or at least read some reviews and forum reponses first. I don't intend to be burned with a bad port or a bugged-to-death game. And devs who go missing at the first sign of trouble. Again.

Good call on not pre ordering yet I think many people have felt the sting of a bad early release a perfect example is Brink...had so much potential.

Im hoping the devs are working on a long Q and A document to address the sticky thread. As many have pointed out just a press release from the devs with a few words on whats going on would help greatly.

Im still getting this game...mainly as I traded TF2 hats for it :D so I cant complain.

Nixiam
10-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Why we should hate them?
They just forgot they had to translate the game, now we will probably have to wait more just for 2 or 3 translated (useless) words (just text, and probably very few words since is an fps).
They are great... Atm I'm just curious about the quality of the product, at least I hope isn't disappointing because the devs are speaking about it like one of the best coop experience ever.

Is not about hating overkill, is just unprofessional, the moment you start a pre-order you should be prepared to inform your customers on every single change releated to the game or the distribution, you are dealing with peoples who gave you trust and money, if you can't handle your community keeping them posted don't start pre-orders as many devs did; this way no one will complain.

Now the expectation for this game is very high, everyone expect a polished and fun game, now good luck to not disappoint your customers overkill.

Hiphin
10-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Loose lips sink ships, but so does closed ones....

How was the tower of babel destroyed.... Lack of communication...
It's a great way to ruin anything.

So it's bad on Overkill's part, but at the same time it's bad on ours also.

I want the game to be big...

DLC
SDK released to created user Created Maps and Heist
SDK for Char Models Weapons and Mods
32 Player support, 16 cops vs 16 robbers. Where the cops are driving around the city patrolling you you guys are trying to make sure no one hits the alarm of makes a call. Which just gives you extra time to setup drills and disable cameras.
Then the cops finally get a tip and surround the building. Cops don't want you to kill hostages, but you really don't either. however if you do kill a hostage the cops loose points and there edge in weapons so they start negotiating. The call the bank and you guys answer the phone and connect to the cops mic like "The Hell do you want PIG" cop: What do you need, we need you to release 1 hostage to show your cooperative.(co-ops being able to spawn vehicles) You: F@#% u dude, Your not getting anything and if you send any cops in 1 dies(you don't wanna kill them all but killing 1 resets the timer and gives you a little time, killing more than one gives the cops more weapons, but also you more time.) Mean while the cops are waiting for a timer that gives them the ability to spawn 4 people inside the bank. So your trying to get as much done before this timer is up.

Imagine trying to pull of these heist against 16 real people or even just 4v4 + AI that spawn like enemies on left for dead.

Just a little something i was thinking about....

Agera
10-16-2011, 09:43 AM
But.. I kinda hate Overkill..

DrSNAFU
10-16-2011, 09:54 AM
I don't think many of us are abjectly hating on them for no reason other than the bile bubbling in our throats over the tiniest faults. We're as understanding as the fanbase, at least I hope so.

I think you're asking the whole 'How many games have they released' question as a rhetorical one, however there HAVE been major games released by these people. I did five minutes worth of research you see...

http://www.giantbomb.com/ulf-andersson/72-66261/
http://www.giantbomb.com/grin/65-405/

Overkil is run by Bo and Ulf Anderson, brothers, who previously ran a game compan called GRIN. They used the Diesel engine to release a game called Ballistics. I've never heard of it but I HAVE heard of Tom Clancy: Advanced Warfigher. They also put out Terminator Salvation and a couple of Bionic Commando games.

So these guys aren't exactly no-nothing nobodies when it comes to games, they've been at it for a while. This isn't to say we shouldn't be patient with them.

I like to think I'm not swayed by idiots popping their mouths off without reason at certain games. If they're fun I'll play them. I listen more to reputable review sites and magazines for my game choices, it's much harder to believe those guys are groundlessly hating on the games they review.

I think the problem is that a lot of people can't tell the difference between 'constructive criticism' and 'abject rage'. I entirely ignore people who only post to say THIS GAME SUCKS DONT BUY IT, BLARGH SONY. But the majority of us are being calm and reasonable about our show of dissatisfaction. And there's valid reason to criticize at this point, of course I'm not writing off the entire game just yet.

I still have my pre-order set. I intend to play the game and post my thoughts in an unbiased manor. I personally hope it's really really good, I want these guys to succeed. But I'm not going to pull punches.

And to those who say that Communication is the key: I agree 100%.