PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] AWP update - NEW BUG.

SaharanSpy
10-17-2011, 07:01 AM
First of all I'm not happy with the AWP update, but I get it and that's not what this is about.

After the removal of the quickswitch (lastinv) advantage there is an inconsistency and a new bug that have occured.

The inconsistency.

There is now a delay between the quick switch animation and you being able to fire. However if you do not scope you can still fire at the rate of before the update. This makes no sense at all. If you are going to adress some advantage, it should be done properly, thus adding the delay to the fire event and not to the scoping animation...

The new BUG.

Quickswitch was used to get a speed advantage over people that didn't quickswitch. As said before, I get that.
BUT quickswitch isn't just something used on the AWP, it's used for every weapon to cancel the reload. However if you do the quickswitch now to cancel reloading on the AWP you have to wait the entire duration of the AWP reload cycle before you can scope again.

I doubt the second point was intended. If it wasn't it should be fixed and if it was it should be ported to every weapon for consistency.

Thanks for reading.

fabz
10-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Actually you just pointed out the reload quickswitch bug. So I tell what's gonna happen now: Valve is going to fix the reload bug aswell. Bravo!

SaharanSpy
10-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Actually you just pointed out the reload quickswitch bug. So I tell what's gonna happen now: Valve is going to fix the reload bug aswell. Bravo!

I don't see how that makes sense as you get your gun back in to your hands after quick switching with the original ammount of bullets before you started reloading and spammed Q and you just can't shoot anymore even though the gun isn't reloading.

bc76
10-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Meh, the more the ruin the AWP the better, can't stand it anyway. AWP wh♥res buy the AWP every round and just camp getting low skill/no aim 1 hit kills, if it was up to me it would be nerfed so it comes with no bullets.

SaharanSpy
10-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Meh, the more the ruin the AWP the better, can't stand it anyway. AWP wh♥res buy the AWP every round and just camp getting low skill/no aim 1 hit kills, if it was up to me it would be nerfed so it comes with no bullets.

http://www.tetris.com/

SaharanSpy
10-17-2011, 10:47 AM
I have 3 possible solutions:

Make reloading uninterruptible. The player will have to wait for reload animation to finish in order to change weapons.
When the player presses reload key, set the number of bullets in the clip to 0, so the player will have to do full reload in order to use the weapon again.
If the player changes weapon during reload, remember it and force player to reload whenever he switches to that weapon again.

Solution 1 is used in Killing Floor, solution 2 is used in Left 4 Dead.

Or have it like it was before lmao. but this delay has no reason.

Korea.Rj
10-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Quickswitch was a bug that lazy developers forgot to fix ~11 years ago. Now someone finally fixed it (not fully but still).

to fix the "quick switch" There is only one way: SIMPLE.

AFTER SHOOTING, THE QUICK SWITCH can not count the RELOAD OF WEAPONS.

I did it in bad company 2 many times, but does not work. addiction source:)

In bc2 - When you shoot and make the quick switch, the weapon appears with reload animation, without ammunition. SIMPLE.

;)

SaharanSpy
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Quickswitch was a bug that lazy developers forgot to fix ~11 years ago. Now someone finally fixed it (not fully but still).

I'm not argueing that the quick switch for a speed advantage is a bug. But that you get an even longer delay if you were reloading before the quickswitch is just not right

FreIHh.
10-17-2011, 01:01 PM
About the first point : if they let this the way it's now, it's not a major problem. We will maybe see more unscoped frags wich is cool.

The second point : they should fix it but they maybe tought about it and saw that some people could use a "new" quickswitch with a very short interrupted reload right after a shot and then the quickswitch. I didn't tested it but if it doesn't give an advantage they definetely should fix it.

SaharanSpy
10-17-2011, 01:16 PM
About the first point : if they let this the way it's now, it's not a major problem. We will maybe see more unscoped frags wich is cool.

The second point : they should fix it but they maybe tought about it and saw that some people could use a "new" quickswitch with a very short interrupted reload right after a shot and then the quickswitch. I didn't tested it but if it doesn't give an advantage they definetely should fix it.

Good point, but the solution would be to get the same delay as normal quickswitch, not an entire reload cycle which is waaaaaaay longer.

Asdaaja
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM

You are bad at this game and should feel bad.
Theres alot more than just your 24/7 office pub servers,
Theres actually a scene called "competitive source - scene"
And there we love AWP as it is, and actually we dont even buy AWP when we got money for it?
OMG NOOB HAHAH DONT BUY AWP NOOB - you say.
Where do we need AWP's if enemy uses these magical hack things called SMOKEGRENADES to block AWP's view and flank them with assault rifles?

w/e you didnt even understand what i just said, just gtfo from forums and go back playing wii sports.

FreIHh.
10-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Good point, but the solution would be to get the same delay as normal quickswitch, not an entire reload cycle which is waaaaaaay longer.

From my pov, you must be able to shot right after an interrupted reload and not have to wait till the end of the new delay since it doesn't affect the fire rate of the awp. The fire rate is the whole point of the quickswitch fix.

Pacos
10-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Quickswitch was used to get a speed advantage over people that didn't quickswitch.

Quickswitching was slower that just shooting and waiting. The advantage it gave was stopping the awp from auto-zooming after your shot, so you can maneuver your gun properly before your next shot, giving you a better opportunity for an accurate shot.

Adding the delay has just made the awp slow, inconsistent, and useless. It was already rather difficult to master and now it's just utter crap...
ON TO THE AUTO-SNIPER!
Watch, some months from now this forum is going to be full of nubs complaining about how OP the auto-sniper is and how it should be nerfed.

MyfaceMyface
10-17-2011, 10:57 PM
I always heard the awps weakness was how slow it was, guess everyone hates how VALVe enforced its balancement.