PDA

View Full Version : Will User-Made Maps Give Exp?

RoflcopterV22
10-18-2011, 12:20 AM
When people make their own maps, and a server runs them. Will that map give exp points, that go to level ups for gizmos etc.?

Or is it only the maps that came with the game

Zoridium JackL
10-18-2011, 01:09 AM
i would assume not (to avoid exploits) but then again maybe they do.

Swixel
10-18-2011, 02:03 AM
I wouldn't think it's a big enough deal to lock down. Either way, it's not like the system couldn't be manipulated if people really wanted to use custom maps -- people did for KF. It's probably not worth their time to lock it down.

Zoridium JackL
10-18-2011, 04:45 AM
I wouldn't think it's a big enough deal to lock down. Either way, it's not like the system couldn't be manipulated if people really wanted to use custom maps -- people did for KF. It's probably not worth their time to lock it down.

If we're talking killing floor last i checked they use a listing system, and by default you get nothing from customs unless you submit it for white-listing.

Swixel
10-18-2011, 04:58 AM
There were ways around that, and probably still are. I'm not advocating their use, or going into them, and I personally haven't bothered to use them either. I'm just saying that no system is perfect, and with the Source Engine involved in ND, it'd be even less fun to secure.

iwviper
10-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Yes it will work on custom maps just fine ;)
And later on we are going to start some contests and choose the best custom maps and add them to an update to the game.

Tontow
10-18-2011, 09:40 AM
And later on we are going to start some contests and choose the best custom maps and add them to an update to the game.:eek:

OH! Now you have done it. Muuuuuuhahhahahahaha!

juicebox360
10-18-2011, 05:01 PM
And later on we are going to start some contests and choose the best custom maps and add them to an update to the game.

I want to thank you for trusting the community :)
Games like KF suffer from that. Some of the best custom maps are never even touched because of the fact that it doesn't contribute towards perks/can't use perks.

AS suffered from the same thing too but considering it died quite quickly, there was nothing we could do. :X

MaGicBush
10-18-2011, 05:12 PM

TF2 also had achievement maps.

Chaosed0
10-19-2011, 11:43 AM

By god it's time to get cracking on my map
JUST AS SOON AS MY 2ND MONITOR ARRIVES AT MY DOOR WHEN I'M ACTUALLY HOME

juicebox360
10-19-2011, 06:18 PM
TF2 also had achievement maps.

When did I say that?
You should check your quote's author.
l-m-f-a-o

MaGicBush
10-19-2011, 06:32 PM
When did I say that?
You should check your quote's author.
l-m-f-a-o

Well my point was made, sorry I busted your bubble.