PDA

View Full Version : Playing @2560x1440?

SwiftyOne
10-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Just bought Race Driver GRID through Steam, but can't set my native res 2560x1440? The game only shows max res @1280x1024 which is Sh*t on my monitor :(....Is there a way of being able to play this game @2560x1440?

My PC specs are:
CPU: Intel i7 2600K.
MoBo: ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z:INTEL Z68 ROG
Ram: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 X2 in SLI
HDD: 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA(7200rpm)

So I well have the PC to run this 10 times over :mad:

Anybody help out please? ;)

Thanks so much for any help :)

Swifty

SwiftyOne
10-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Never mind!!!....Found out how to fix this...Looks and works great now :)

Swifty

Gorf123
10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
So you come here looking for someone else to give up their time to help you out, yet when you have the solution you don't make time yourself to post it? That's very ignorant of you.

Still - it could be worse. You could have just kept quiet altogether. At least this way nobody will waste their time typing up a solution...

Shaneluls39199
10-25-2011, 11:08 AM
So you come here looking for someone else to give up their time to help you out, yet when you have the solution you don't make time yourself to post it? That's very ignorant of you.

Still - it could be worse. You could have just kept quiet altogether. At least this way nobody will waste their time typing up a solution...

and then theres people like you. (dr.cox much??)

you could have just said cool story bro. and left it at that.

case and point your comment was a bigger waste than the OP's. (alot of people dont think to come back once there problem is solved. its a bit rude.but its a thing alot of people do.) including myself but i always try and say thanks

james_2k
10-25-2011, 11:49 AM

this .

frazell
10-26-2011, 11:18 PM
and then theres people like you. (dr.cox much??)

you could have just said cool story bro. and left it at that.

case and point your comment was a bigger waste than the OP's. (alot of people dont think to come back once there problem is solved. its a bit rude.but its a thing alot of people do.) including myself but i always try and say thanks

His point isn't related mainly to whether or not the OP came back to say his problem is fixed. He is complaining that the OP didn't detail what he did to fix the problem so the next time someone has this issue they won't be helped.

I agree the OP should post what he did so others can benefit from the fix.

tzhu07
01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
I recently got this game and came across the same resolution problem.

I also have a 2560x1440 monitor, and eventually found the solution.

I'll copy and paste it here:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/grid-tech-support-1-2-1106/298218-grid-will-not-let-me-run-1680x1050.html

From one of our graphics programmers:

GRID is a very graphically intensive game and uses a lot of VRAM. For this reason, there is a limit on the maximum resolution you can run in if you have a card with very little video memory (eg 256Mb).

If you look in your game directory for system/hardware_settings_restrictions.xml you should see a tag at the bottom of the file called "res". If you delete this line you should be able to run at all the resolutions your graphics card supports. Just be wary that running at high resolutions with high levels of multisampling might cause your game not to run properly.

In your case, you shouldn't experience any problems running at 1650 x 1050 with 2xmsaa.

graspee
01-29-2012, 01:45 PM

The phrase is "Case in point" not "case and point", and it's not the right phrase for this situation anyway. I'm not trying to be deliberately confrontational, I'm thinking of you carrying on thinking the phrase is "case and point" and getting embarrassed in a real life situation.

self_slaughter
05-05-2012, 11:26 PM
I recently got this game and came across the same resolution problem.

I also have a 2560x1440 monitor, and eventually found the solution.

I'll copy and paste it here:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/grid-tech-support-1-2-1106/298218-grid-will-not-let-me-run-1680x1050.html

From one of our graphics programmers:

GRID is a very graphically intensive game and uses a lot of VRAM. For this reason, there is a limit on the maximum resolution you can run in if you have a card with very little video memory (eg 256Mb).

If you look in your game directory for system/hardware_settings_restrictions.xml you should see a tag at the bottom of the file called "res". If you delete this line you should be able to run at all the resolutions your graphics card supports. Just be wary that running at high resolutions with high levels of multisampling might cause your game not to run properly.

In your case, you shouldn't experience any problems running at 1650 x 1050 with 2xmsaa.

Thanks for the only useful post in this thread :D

Worked for me although the game still looks like garbage even at 1920x1200 with 8xMSAA lol