PDA

View Full Version : FONV - Dead Money - Dog problem

gst44
10-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Mornin all. Hope I'm on the right page here. Got a big problem with Dog. I've brought him to the switch panel where he's willing to stay (without any persuasion?!?!) He needs to be fed though. Apparently, a couple of pieces of 'Ghost collector ' meat should do the trick. Went out and killed a couple of them but - no meat, only weapons! Killed all the 'Ghost people' that I could find but again,
only weapons. I've tried with other sorts of food - no reaction. Convinced I was doing something wrong, I restarted the level (twice) but each time the same result. Have I caught a bug here, overlooked something or am I doing it wrong?!?! Oh,yeah. My pip Boy says that I have to bring Dog to stay at the switch panel - huh?!?!? :confused:

miihkael
10-19-2011, 08:04 AM
I believe that the Ghost people meat spawns only after you've triggered that part of the quest where it tells you to feed him.

You could always try to play the God's (or Eliah's, not sure) recording from your Pip-Boy when you're near Dog to make him turn into God. I did this quest with God as my companion and if I remember correctly you could just talk him to stay and flip the switch.

gst44
10-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Hey Dude - super. Thousand thanks. Elijahs recording telling Dog to get back in his cage worked. I really was at my wits end and now thanks to you I can carry on. Sighs of relief Much obliged. Have a nice day. :D

SapphireBullets
10-20-2011, 05:14 AM
It may also have been the case you needed to trigger a way to explain how the levers operated to Dog. I'm not sure, since I usually had God around for that.

Gawaine
10-20-2011, 07:12 AM
I had the same issue... I tried to get the meat and it never appeared upon killing enemies or having it didn't keep the quest going when speaking to DOG. I had to get GOD to do it. Then it worked fine.

yahooo!
10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Man, I had the same exact problem yesterday, and I ended up just loading a previous save at the very beginning, and having to start all over again, to not let god turn to dog. Wish I read this yesterday.
On a side note, this dlc is aggravating. Everything you do is met with resistance. Every time you have to make somebody do something, they always have their own plans, and say "No. No I don't think so." More of a chore than fun. I haven't played the other dlcs, but I hope they're better than this.

Urhan
10-25-2011, 05:49 AM
Man, I had the same exact problem yesterday, and I ended up just loading a previous save at the very beginning, and having to start all over again, to not let god turn to dog. Wish I read this yesterday.
On a side note, this dlc is aggravating. Everything you do is met with resistance. Every time you have to make somebody do something, they always have their own plans, and say "No. No I don't think so." More of a chore than fun. I haven't played the other dlcs, but I hope they're better than this.

I just think that Sierra Madre was made with the intention of make the player suffer, in a very hostile enviroment, willing constantly to get the #@&+ out of there.

When I realized that, I started to enjoy it.