PDA

View Full Version : Available: October 23rd, 2011

Jaravak
10-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Available: October 23rd, 2011
This game will unlock in approximately 4 days and 1 hour

It's like they have a permanent "Back in 4 days" sign up.

Menphues
10-19-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm requesting a refund now. Had enough.

Qwepir
10-19-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm requesting a refund now.
Yeah good luck with that.

Envy23
10-19-2011, 09:46 AM
October 2011. No date anymore.

Menphues
10-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Yeah the date has been removed.

I geuss they either to do not know the actual date, or they're waiting for all the servers around the world to be updated, then it will post another time for us, then another etc.

MasterOfTheTide
10-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Everyone possible needs to cancel their pre-orders. This is completely ridiculous. Vapor ware before it even comes out.

Arparso
10-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Vapor ware before it even comes out.
If it had come out, how could it be vapor ware then? :confused:

starseed42
10-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Ok, I get wanting to play this game... But let's be honest here, all of you people complaining about the delays would be the first person on the forums complaining about a buggy release and how you want a refund.. You know I'm right.

There is sooooo much to play right now, just relax and it will be here when it's ready. I would rather have them take their time and iron out bugs

Envy23
10-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Ok, I get wanting to play this game... But let's be honest here, all of you people complaining about the delays would be the first person on the forums complaining about a buggy release and how you want a refund.. You know I'm right.

There is sooooo much to play right now, just relax and it will be here when it's ready. I would rather have them take their time and iron out bugs

Look. Dude. I'm usually with you. I've never been part of the pissed off bandwagon. I don't care that it isn't out right now. I want some news. I want to know why. I don't want to see it count down the timer and then switch to LOL INDEFINITE. If it was buggy I wouldn't be in here doing more than seeing if other people were having the same problem. I didn't do it during Dead Island, I wouldn't here. This is bull♥♥♥♥. You're eating bull♥♥♥♥. They're giving you dysentery. Open. Your. Eyes. If you don't get mad they'll just think "Oh it's OK" and keep doing it.

DARKNIGHT
10-19-2011, 10:30 AM

Look, i dont mind a delay to fix up last minute things and make the game great, but 10 minutes before release and then suddenly, BLAM delayed, no communication or reason why. this annoyed me A LOT, especially when its been out on the console for nearly a month and all we get is last minute delays without any info.

sabin1981
10-19-2011, 10:31 AM
@starseed42

And if the game shows up - after several delays - and is still buggy? What then? Yeah, you and every other white knight will just find another excuse. The sad fact is; neither Avalanche nor Sega give a rat's ♥♥♥ about their customers. They haven't even the common decency to put out a short (120 characters, for crying out loud!) Twitter update apologising for the delays and trying to calm their customers.

Nope. We're just not good enough for them.

flameifrit
10-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Look. Dude. I'm usually with you. I've never been part of the jarateed off bandwagon. I don't care that it isn't out right now. I want some news. I want to know why. I don't want to see it count down the timer and then switch to LOL INDEFINITE. If it was buggy I wouldn't be in here doing more than seeing if other people were having the same problem. I didn't do it during Dead Island, I wouldn't here. This is bull♥♥♥♥. You're eating bull♥♥♥♥. They're giving you dysentery. Open. Your. Eyes. If you don't get mad they'll just think "Oh it's OK" and keep doing it.

My hero, summed up my thoughts and feelings in one angry angry paragraph.

kossanjohan
10-19-2011, 10:33 AM
HAHA, this is the worst pre-order EVER.

Voyna
10-19-2011, 10:40 AM
???? October 2011 ?

Sega's Big Fail .. Sega should release the game at 2020..
That's the best !!!

emandoo2bil
10-19-2011, 10:41 AM
HAHA, this is the worst pre-order EVER.

Duke Nukem Forever preorder was worse... but yeah this is pretty ♥♥♥♥tastic.

Voyna
10-19-2011, 10:45 AM
I got 40 games at steam and this is the first time...I dont understand if you couldn't release the game on time why you publish release date _?_?

bybeach
10-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Duke Nukem Forever preorder was worse... but yeah this is pretty ♥♥♥♥tastic.

maybe they are getting rid of the antlions and gifting us with duke nukem instead. That would rock!
:D

starseed42
10-19-2011, 10:55 AM
@starseed42

And if the game shows up - after several delays - and is still buggy? What then? Yeah, you and every other white knight will just find another excuse. The sad fact is; neither Avalanche nor Sega give a rat's ♥♥♥ about their customers. They haven't even the common decency to put out a short (120 characters, for crying out loud!) Twitter update apologising for the delays and trying to calm their customers.

Nope. We're just not good enough for them.

If I could only find away to bottle such entitled nerd rage and sell it.. I certainly understand how its produced, just not the collection process.

If the game sucks, I'll be the first one to agree. It's all about how you go about it.. I understand there are communities of people that have nothing better to do than troll forums and bad mouth devs when they don't get exactly what they're expecting at the exact moment they want it.

My point was, most everyone complaining about delays would probably never be happy because they like to be angry.. You write angry responses to benign observations and then try to marginalize what I say with insults.. But I could care less if you're angry, what I said iw correct and the fact that your get so defensive means I probably struck a nerve.

Regarding if I think it's a good that they keep pushing back the date at literally the last minute, no that's not profressional behavior. It doesn't entitle anyone to act the way some people do about it, sorry. This is a $15 game that you're buying a license for

ArmorArmadillo
10-19-2011, 11:01 AM
My point was, most everyone complaining about delays would probably never be happy because they like to be angry.. You write angry responses to benign observations and then try to marginalize what I say with insults.. But I could care less if you're angry, what I said iw correct and the fact that your get so defensive means I probably struck a nerve.

Regarding if I think it's a good that they keep pushing back the date at literally the last minute, no that's not profressional behavior. It doesn't entitle anyone to act the way some people do about it, sorry. This is a $15 game that you're buying a license for

Well you assumed wrong.

I like to look at the better side of things but with so many delays its pushed me too far, i wanted to play this game and if i knew it'd be taking so long i'd have just left it alone or bought it else where or something.

If you look down on such topics/replies why reply to these threads? why bother at all? you are just flame baiting in turn keeping peoples anger burning longer.

cmoyano
10-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah good luck with that.

good luck with what? you are allowed to get a refund on any pre ordered game that hasnt been released on steam. Done it plenty of times.

Godwhacker
10-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Maybe they realised at the last minute that they hadn't put mouse and keyboard support in

warhawkturbo
10-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Maybe they realised at the last minute that they hadn't put mouse and keyboard support in

LOL. That would be ridicilous.

krixx07
10-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Man..I wrote this long ♥♥♥ post a few months back defending Steam and Sega on how it wasn't their fault, etc.
This one tickled me a little tho. I'll admit.
The hype for this game is BEYOND dead. Even got a few friends to preorder. Theyve lost all faith in Sega and joked about yet even MORE delays, and I was always the one defending the cause.
I'm all for releasing a game when it's finished, and not a second before, but this last minute change of dates is beyond redundant. Whatever, man.
Played game to death on console, and tbh...it aint THAT great, people.
The hype the game DID have left is gonna get lost in the hype of MW3, BFld, Rage, Batman etc. Way to go Sega.

starseed42
10-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Well you assumed wrong.

I like to look at the better side of things but with so many delays its pushed me too far, i wanted to play this game and if i knew it'd be taking so long i'd have just left it alone or bought it else where or something.

If you look down on such topics/replies why reply to these threads? why bother at all? you are just flame baiting in turn keeping peoples anger burning longer.

Bought it elsewhere? It's a steam game.. You can only buy keys elsewhere that the publishers hasn't even released yet.

You say I'm wrong, then proceed to whine about how it's not on time and how the devs shattered your hopes and expectations to the point where you don't even want to bother anymore..

Listen to yourself man! What I'm doing is the absolute last thing from flame baiting, if anything i'm just feeding the trolls, which is never a good idea.

johcar
10-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Play on the day of release!
You'll receive your download links and activation code by email the 10/20/2011 at 18:00 EDT.

http://us.download-store.sega.com/shop/renegade-ops/

Faur
10-19-2011, 11:28 AM

My frustration with all this is that we're 4 friends who pre-ordered the game and set aside a couple days to play it. We went through a lot of headache to arrange for us to play together (we are rarely available at the same time) so it's pretty disappointing when we have to just "wait and see" for a game that should have been out by now.

It's all just given us an off-taste of the game now, and we have no desire to play it anymore since there's just all this negativity and disappointment surrounding it before we've even gotten to play it.

halororor
10-19-2011, 11:29 AM
They're responding on Twitter, for once, but this is no longer good enough. This game was promised in September, then it got delayed. Fair enough. Then it got delayed again. Okay, it's grating my nerves, but I can live with it. Now it's delayed AGAIN?

Skyrim is releasing in three weeks. I haven't submitted a ticket for a refund for this game yet. If it's not here before Skyrim, I will ask for a refund.

Increvateur
10-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Everyone is sitting here ♥♥♥♥♥ing about the game being late over and over. What you should be doing is complaining to Sega about how frustrated you are with this release being pushed back over and over. Then you should contact Steam and ask for a refund. Talk with your wallet instead. I know Steam says they don't do refunds, but I'm guessing you guys, if you're sitting here eager to play this game so badly, have many more games on your Steam account. Valve will listen to the customer because they actually value your business and Steam wants you around to purchase more games. If anything, ask them to put the money in your Steam Wallet so you can spend it on something else that they have. That should help get you a refund.

Remember, raging just to rage and not directing it makes it pointless. Put your money where your mouth is and deny this company profits. Then they can't delay games and screw around because they will be out of business or at least losing money. Money is what affects them more than anything. Band together, don't ♥♥♥♥♥ at each other, and show them you mean business.

halororor
10-19-2011, 11:35 AM
maybe they are getting rid of the antlions and gifting us with duke nukem instead. That would rock!
:D

If they did that I'd definitely ask for a refund.

halororor
10-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Everyone is sitting here ♥♥♥♥♥ing about the game being late over and over. What you should be doing is complaining to Sega about how frustrated you are with this release being pushed back over and over. Then you should contact Steam and ask for a refund. Talk with your wallet instead. I know Steam says they don't do refunds, but I'm guessing you guys, if you're sitting here eager to play this game so badly, have many more games on your Steam account. Valve will listen to the customer because they actually value your business and Steam wants you around to purchase more games. If anything, ask them to put the money in your Steam Wallet so you can spend it on something else that they have. That should help get you a refund. Remember, raging just to rage and not directing it makes it pointless. Put your money where your mouth is and deny this company profits. Then they can't delay games and screw around because they will be out of business or at least losing money. Money is what affects them more than anything. Band together, don't ♥♥♥♥♥ at each other, and show them you mean business.

You do realise some of us are stuck in four-packs, right? If one of us needs a refund, we first have to convince the other three as well.

On a side note, that's the last time I go into a four-pack.

Increvateur
10-19-2011, 11:39 AM
I also pre-ordered a 4-pack. I'm in the same boat. That won't stop me from asking for a refund though. If the other 3 want a refund, they can ask for it too. It's up to them and how they feel. If they're as frustrated as you are, then they should do so also.

halororor
10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah, but how would the refund work? Would Steam simply refund your own amount ($7.50), or would they remove the game from everyone's accounts and credit the person who purchased?

Also, I totally called this 5 days ago. :P

I want a refund as well. Was expecting the game today, then went to the store just to see it's delayed another 5 days. They took my money, promising the product in September, and yet they've still not come through on their deal. What's to stop them simply delaying it again when the 19th rolls around? That's what happened to Disciples 3: Resurrection. I don't have an issue with delays, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Increvateur
10-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Not a clue. Never been screwed over on a 4-pack like this before. There's a first for everything so we'll see what happens. :D

Film11
10-19-2011, 11:49 AM
From what I've read, if you request a refund on the 4-pack with the other licenses already given out, they just get it removed from their games list and you get the full amount back for the 4-pack.