PDA

View Full Version : Delayed for further optimization of the game.

Sky Black
10-19-2011, 10:50 AM
The PC Digital release of Renegade Ops has been delayed for further optimization of the game. New release info soon, feedback welcome.

http://twitter.com/#!/SEGA/status/126701233611354112

Envy23
10-19-2011, 10:51 AM
You want feedback SEGA? Get your corporate lackey off of the Company's twitter and have him come read the Steam forums.

flameifrit
10-19-2011, 10:53 AM
You want feedback SEGA? Get your corporate lackey off of the Company's twitter and have him come read the Steam forums.

yea right... like they give that much of a ♥♥♥♥ about customers.

manapause
10-19-2011, 11:15 AM
The PC Digital release of Renegade Ops has been delayed for further optimization of the game. New release info soon, feedback welcome.

http://twitter.com/#!/SEGA/status/126701233611354112

ahahahahahahahahahaha /facepalmownfaceforstayinguptill2amtodownloadgameev enthoughtheywontevenreleaseitinjapangodknowswhy

Euphytose
10-19-2011, 11:17 AM
I was planning to buy it.

Well now they can wait haha.

media73
10-19-2011, 11:48 AM
the 360 and ps3 run like silk so this is utter utter utter bull s h i t the pc needs optomisation? garbage.

nuR421
10-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Steam forums should have an age check. Too many infants robbing across the keyboards.

What's the big deal with waiting for a few more days? It's not like they'll pull the duke nukem forever here... and people bought even that "game" :rolleyes:

At least they gave us a short explanation. Now be an adult and get over it. Meanwhile play dungeon defenders if you're a hyper addicted pc nerd without any real life.

Brinkman
10-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Steam forums should have an age check. Too many infants robbing across the keyboards.

What's the big deal with waiting for a few more days? It's not like they'll pull the duke nukem forever here... and people bought even that "game" :rolleyes:

At least they gave us a short explanation. Now be an adult and get over it. Meanwhile play dungeon defenders if you're a hyper addicted pc nerd without any real life.
you clearly weren't here when they did this exact same thing twice before. You'll be back when they delay it again and say something along the lines of "okay sega, i was fine with the last delay but this is ridiculous"

ArmorArmadillo
10-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh the irony in your first line of your post nuR421, oh the irony indeed.

Jumboss
10-19-2011, 12:01 PM

go to hell. i w8 2 times for release 23.9., 14.10., (19.10.now) i dont buy madness sales games becouse i have preordered AAA titles (comes out after 1-3 weeks) and this crap(RO). if they say it 2 weeks before (not 30 min before release) i buy game on sale -75 or -50% and w8 for this.

nuR421
10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
go to hell. i w8 2 times for release 23.9., 14.10., (19.10.now) i dont buy madness sales games becouse i have preordered AAA titles (comes out after 1-3 weeks) and this crap(RO). if they say it 2 weeks before (not 30 min before release) i buy game on sale -75 or -50% and w8 for this.

SEGA has no control over this timer. They set a release date, try to make it but sadly couldn't. What's the big deal?

If you'll only live one more day why do you pre-order this without any discount? You could just buy it the day it comes out.

Also get your grammar fixed or make your parents check your posts before submitting. They're impossible to read mate. :eek:

schism84
10-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Business 101: DO NOT MAKE PROMISES YOU CAN'T KEEP. The lowliest burger flipping teenager knows that most things are forgivable but that will almost certainly get you fired. This is inexcusable. It's not the end of the world obviously, but it's unbelievably amateurish to an extent most one-man indie devs hardly ever match.

Spekingur
10-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Eventhough this is suffering from delay-asis I am still confident that the game will be great. I mean, Might and Magic Heroes 6 was delayed again and again - a game that I think is quite good.

BenderIsGreat34
10-19-2011, 12:46 PM

This is becoming a big problem. Game companies don't deliver on release dates (multiple times), or they release a game that is bug ridden and unplayable, or they release a game with day 0 DLC that costs $10 or something ridiculous.

As customers, we have a right, and to a certain extent, an obligation, to take issue with these practices. The more we let companies treat customers like wallets waiting to be opened, instead of holding them accountable, the more they'll abuse that relationship.

arty
10-19-2011, 01:23 PM
will be my last game from sega for a looooooooooooong time.

delay in the last minute: not cool

ArmorArmadillo
10-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm not getting any more sega games after this, 2 last minute delays = poor communication, games don't suddenly grow legs and walk off and say nah i want to be released a week later.

nuR421
10-19-2011, 01:34 PM
will be my last game from sega for a looooooooooooong time.

delay in the last minute: not cool

So Pepsi announces it comes out in a new flavor. While shopping you look around for the new product but can't find it in any store. The shops employees say they're sorry but Pepsi delayed their new flavored drink.
Will you then stop buying food from all stores and start growing your own? :rolleyes:

SEGA didn't make this game. They're only the ones selling it and helping to fund it. If you want blame Avalanche but not SEGA...

timeframe
10-19-2011, 01:44 PM
So Pepsi announces it comes out in a new flavor. While shopping you look around for the new product but can't find it in any store. The shops employees say they're sorry but Pepsi delayed their new flavored drink.
Will you then stop buying food from all stores and start growing your own? :rolleyes:

Well, that's fine apart from the bit where pepsi start taking payments for the drink two months (and counting) before they give it to you.

jacks_fuhrer
10-19-2011, 01:45 PM
personally i blame both of them:

-Avalanche for its incapacity to deliver a proper game within deadline they themselves set (and i t was a month ago for first release date!)

-SEGA for not even bother to communicate about these last minute delays...

i share every complaints posted on this forum, it is totally unacceptable such a lack of communication.

they are taking us for pigeons ready to pay and wait.
i disagree with that and like a lot of people in here i'm gonna boycott SEGA games and avalanche.

everything as a price and they gonna pay for it

joonix
10-19-2011, 02:02 PM
As customers, we have a right, and to a certain extent, an obligation, to take issue with these practices. The more we let companies treat customers like wallets waiting to be opened, instead of holding them accountable, the more they'll abuse that relationship.

Hold them accountable by not spending more money on their products. Steam's policy allows you to request a refund on a pre-order game prior to its release. So if you are this dissatisfied, then by all means, cancel your pre-order.

JDcoy
10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Chill. They just have problems with the copy protection. Anyways, I'll make a bet that the ware version is out before steam get's it done.

DJ Cryotek
10-19-2011, 02:14 PM
How about optimizing their dev team since they can't seem to get their sh*t together?

Can't believe I actually thought it would come out.

Oh well, off to Dungeon Defenders, screw these guys.

nuR421
10-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Well, that's fine apart from the bit where pepsi start taking payments for the drink two months (and counting) before they give it to you.
If that's fine then I'm glad I could be of help. :)

Regarding the money issue; worry not: You can cancel your pre-purchase at any time (not just because of delays but in general)here (https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php).

Also I highly recommend to not pre-order if you have definate expectations about:
- Quality / Stability
- Experience / Gameplay
- Release dates / Support
If you want to live on the bleeding edge you need to take risks. Otherwise step back into the crowd and eat when it's time to eat and only eat what others have tasted already.

t1ddl3r
10-19-2011, 03:20 PM
you clearly weren't here when they did this exact same thing twice before. You'll be back when they delay it again and say something along the lines of "okay sega, i was fine with the last delay but this is ridiculous"

Actually, I preordered the game before the first "delay", that was only really a delay if you considered the date "september" which was met by the console versions.

They THEN put oct 14th on their site, which they DID delay, and put "TBC" instead, which, if you would care to check, means "to be confirmed".

Since then no firm release date has EVER been set for the game. Only the guess dates that have been placed on steam.

This means just ONE actual delay, because the first date was just september, and they met that with the console release.

And if they want to hold it back another SIX MONTHS, I don't give a toss, as long as they release a stable product.

Too many times they give in to pressure from complainers like you, and publisher demands, and release a broken product. This has happened at LEAST THREE times just in the last couple of months, with red orchestra 2, dead island and rage all taking heat from the same people like you because they were totally broken.

So how can they win? Should they just stop releasing on PC altogether? If I was a developer/publisher, I would stop releasing on PC. At least console gamers don't complain at every little thing, especially at things that are being done for their benefit.

Perhaps you haven't been playing on PC long enough to remember when devs cared enough about us to delay games no matter how long it took, as long as they released the most stable game they could, for the best gameplay as possible. Stalker, half life 2, vietcong (yes, even an unkown game like that), were all delayed for months, and in some cases YEARS, and nobody complained how you lot are doing now.

Is it so important to your sad little lives that a game is released right now, no matter what condition it is in?

Couldn't you go outside and perhaps interact with the real world for a while, just while you wait you know?

Grow up, all of you. It's a GOOD thing they are making sure they work on it. If they release without fixing it now, it's people such as you that we have to blame, not the devs.

lgm1979
10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Total BS!!!!!!

I am done with SEGA! I will NEVER buy another game of their unless it is a new Shenmue game.

I WAS going to get Sonic Generations, but the can suck my a$@ now. Avalanche is also in my naughty book now, as this is complete and utter BS on their part as well. They've clearly fallen prey to the whole "let's support console over PC" despite their amazing Just Cause 2.

xdevnullx
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Actually, I preordered the game before the first "delay", that was only really a delay if you considered the date "september" which was met by the console versions.

They THEN put oct 14th on their site, which they DID delay, and put "TBC" instead, which, if you would care to check, means "to be confirmed".

Since then no firm release date has EVER been set for the game. Only the guess dates that have been placed on steam.

This means just ONE actual delay, because the first date was just september, and they met that with the console release.

And if they want to hold it back another SIX MONTHS, I don't give a toss, as long as they release a stable product.

Too many times they give in to pressure from complainers like you, and publisher demands, and release a broken product. This has happened at LEAST THREE times just in the last couple of months, with red orchestra 2, dead island and rage all taking heat from the same people like you because they were totally broken.

So how can they win? Should they just stop releasing on PC altogether? If I was a developer/publisher, I would stop releasing on PC. At least console gamers don't complain at every little thing, especially at things that are being done for their benefit.

Perhaps you haven't been playing on PC long enough to remember when devs cared enough about us to delay games no matter how long it took, as long as they released the most stable game they could, for the best gameplay as possible. Stalker, half life 2, vietcong (yes, even an unkown game like that), were all delayed for months, and in some cases YEARS, and nobody complained how you lot are doing now.

Is it so important to your sad little lives that a game is released right now, no matter what condition it is in?

Couldn't you go outside and perhaps interact with the real world for a while, just while you wait you know?

Grow up, all of you. It's a GOOD thing they are making sure they work on it. If they release without fixing it now, it's people such as you that we have to blame, not the devs.

Keep sucking the ol' corporate **** there buddy.

Rage? 6 YEARS development. Blatant disregard for the pc release and day one customers, though no problem charging them full price.

Dead Island? Has been out for HOW MANY MONTHS? and they *just* fixed games being corruped and characters getting wiped due to "carrying too many items" when the game has no limit? How is this a "complainer"'s fault?

Renegade Ops? Got a 4 pack for me and some buddies to play this one and we're all refunding it now because we sat up for the game to be released *WHEN THEY SAID IT WOULD BE RELEASED*, only to have them say "whoops it's not ready, AGAIN" at the time of release, repeatedly, with no advance notice whatsoever?

These companies exist because they have customers, not the other way around. If they don't act like they appreciate them (i.e.: by being unprofessional clowns, releasing half-assed, broken console ports), they will soon come to find they have lost the respect and purchases of these customers.

It makes the notion of finding the title on a torrent site that much more appealing to most folks who are tired of being jerked around like this.

I'm cancelling my pre-order (4-pack) today and giving my money to a developer that deserves it. These guys can ♥♥♥♥ off all they want, but not on my time, and they won't take a penny of my money. Ever.

Scared
10-19-2011, 04:47 PM
the 360 and ps3 run like silk so this is utter utter utter bull s h i t the pc needs optomisation? garbage.

Learn programming then come back and tell me it's utter bs.

It is strange though since what I understand is that this uses the JC2 engine which was obviously on PC and specifically PC with it's DX10 renderer.

Zurv
10-19-2011, 05:12 PM
ugh.. why to they wait to the day of the relase to delay. I don't mind if stuff gets pushed back.. but at least give us good info.

Dreamscape
10-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanx God I'm not purchased this game. You can delay this game for any time right now I will not buy it (I planned to buy it today and play with friend) but now, it is just one week till battlefield 3 and then modern warfare 3 and then L.A. Noire and NFS etc, etc, etc See you in the middle of 2012!

CrippledPanda
10-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Bought the 4-pack to share with friends and luckily they have been too busy to play this anyway. They have no clue it was delayed so I can wait. Although I know that if they did have the free time they would be majorly disappointed and I would have refunded for a different coop game to play. They all seemed really psyched for this and I'd rather not have to refund on Steam for the first time because they lost interest due to a late release. I much prefer buggy and released versus an ambiguous release date.

Angus Kart
10-19-2011, 09:25 PM
All of you who think these dalays are for PC optimization and the game will be perfect when released are in for a big shock when it does eventually get released.

These are UBI-style delays,to force the maximum console sales before it gets on the PC where it is much less secure than on consoles.

Brinkman
10-19-2011, 09:27 PM
One thing we do know is this is going to be the most optimized game in history.

smooth
10-20-2011, 03:08 AM
Hold them accountable by not spending more money on their products. Steam's policy allows you to request a refund on a pre-order game prior to its release. So if you are this dissatisfied, then by all means, cancel your pre-order.
The problem is those of us who pre-ordered the 4packs and then traded them. Perhaps I could do as you're saying but I would be harming innocent players unless I look through all of my pm's and paypal them all money for the games/items they traded me for the copies.

DIMREAPER
10-20-2011, 07:37 AM
The thing is about SEGA is that we're better off buying new franchise games like this instead of the next Sonic "insert random word""insert number" which is just the same as the one before but a bit worse.

Qwepir
10-20-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't give a flying ♥♥♥♥ about optimization I just want to play the damn game.
The superfluous ♥♥♥♥ can come later.

Brinkman
10-21-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't give a flying ♥♥♥♥ about optimization I just want to play the damn game.
The superfluous ♥♥♥♥ can come later.

I have a gut feeling that these Optimizations really mean game breaking bugs. So you'd be right back here complaining about an unfinished, unstable game.

If you want to be upset, get mad at Sega for waiting until the last minute to delay the game a 3rd time.

heallMeat
10-21-2011, 11:41 AM

So ... how long have you been working at SEGA? Oh, and you have a bit of SEGA Smeg on your left cheek..

nuR421
10-21-2011, 07:03 PM
All of you who think these dalays are for PC optimization and the game will be perfect when released are in for a big shock when it does eventually get released.

These are UBI-style delays,to force the maximum console sales before it gets on the PC where it is much less secure than on consoles.
Console players doi't give a damn about the pc and the pc releases.

Legalize is also null and void because it's way past console release now.

Security isn't higher on consoles. All of them play pirated stuff, like the pc does, only worse, in many cases (most actually) even online play was possible.

And if you think that a game doesn't need optimization just go and "play" Dungeon Defenders. Crashing, disconnecting, wiping my saves, messing with steam cloud etc.

To each his own I guess.

Miles-Otoole
10-21-2011, 10:21 PM

Yeah, about that explanation. It's BS. Optimization? Really? What a load. That could be anything. From it won't actually build to a few random screen artifacts.

It isn't the delay, Ace. It's the waiting until the last possible second to announce the delay. Sega/Avalanche knew days before the deadline, they weren't going to make it. I've done software development. The dev team knew. The producer knew. Hell, the janitor probably knew.

Taking longer to finish the game, doesn't guarantee a quality release either. If that were true DNF would be the MAC freakin' daddy of all games.

To all of those who say that we didn't complain in the old days about late games. You are so mis-informed. We sure as hell did.

BTW, didn't you just state in another post that Dungeon Defenders wasn't very good. I think you might want to make up your mind...

Miles-Otoole
10-21-2011, 10:31 PM
SEGA has no control over this timer. They set a release date, try to make it but sadly couldn't. What's the big deal?

If you'll only live one more day why do you pre-order this without any discount? You could just buy it the day it comes out.

Also get your grammar fixed or make your parents check your posts before submitting. They're impossible to read mate. :eek:

Oooh, you showed him! The Grammar ♥♥♥♥ is among us. I think OP's native language is other than english. Why don't you write your reply in his native language?

Sega has ALL KINDS of control of this timer. They fund the game. They know DAILY what the status is. That's what a producer does. At any point in time Sega could send Steam a message to delay the release.

It works like this. Avalanche has 1 customer. That customer is Sega. Sega has a few customers. Steam, D2D, GMG, Ingram-Micro, etc. Avalanche, the developer, only talks to Sega. Sega's job is to communicate with everyone else.

t1ddl3r
10-22-2011, 11:37 AM

Many many MANY games "run like silk" on the consoles. They are much easier to code for, as there is only really 1 setup. There are almost infinite setups you can have in your PC, from different makes/models/types/speed of hardware, to the drivers you have for each of those components, especially sound and video drivers.

How many AAA titles have been complete disasters on PC recently? And this is because they DIDN'T hold them back for last minute fixes. I got a refund for red orchestra 2, and that was a PC only titles, but still didn't work because it wasn't delayed and was rushed to keep morons like you happy. Then you complain when the game has bugs.

Bring back the days when PC games were ALWAYS delayed for fixes. We didn't have the luxury of being able to just download a patch later, so they made sure the game worked, and it was a much nicer time for PC gaming. You KNEW you would be able to play the game out of the box (yes, BOX. Games actually used to come in cases, on discs. You know, like movies did before you all started downloading them from torrent sites)

Neriot
10-22-2011, 12:14 PM
(yes, BOX. Games actually used to come in cases, on discs. You know, like movies did before you all started downloading them from torrent sites)

.. and your argument just lost all its value. Good job!

Angus Kart
10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Console players doi't give a damn about the pc and the pc releases.

Legalize is also null and void because it's way past console release now.

Security isn't higher on consoles. All of them play pirated stuff, like the pc does, only worse, in many cases (most actually) even online play was possible.

And if you think that a game doesn't need optimization just go and "play" Dungeon Defenders. Crashing, disconnecting, wiping my saves, messing with steam cloud etc.

To each his own I guess.

Playing a bootleg digital download on a console takes a significant amount of hardware modification that most end users have no possible capability of performing.

Playing a bootleg digital download on a pc takes virtually zero effort at all and can be run on any pc that meets the minimum specs.

Now tell me which system has better security?

Also on the 360 there is the almost certain risk of losing ALL online capability when the account and console is inevitabley BANNED. That cannot happen on a PC.

As for console players not giving a damn, do YOU speak for all console owners?
I am sure that like me many PC gamers also own consoles and many of them will consider buying a much wanted game on the console if the PC version is delayed for months,
It is by no means an all or nothing concept, which you dont seem to understand.
Once again this post is only a discussion of the security aspects of each system and I in no way condone or advocate software piracy.

phoenix5
10-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Games like Deus Ex and Brink come out with game breaking bugs on release date and every one floods the forums with complaints, and rightly so. Renegade Ops gets delayed so they can (hopefully) ensure a problem free release, and everyone floods the forums with complaints. Seems silly to me.

The way they have delayed the game (waiting until the last minute to announce the delay) is far from ideal, but with luck the end result will be worth it.

Here's a strategy you can try: Stop pre-ordering games. Three months from now this game will cost half as much and will have had all it's major bugs patched out. It will be a better game for less money. Early adopters of any kind of software have always paid full price to become late stage beta testers. If you want a stable product wait to buy it.

Topshmups
10-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Once again the main problem is lack of communication.Optimization is an easy excuse but to have it three times is plane stupid they should not of gave another date after the first delay and for those who say they didn't the main site had the same delay time every time they delayed it that steam had. Steam isn't to blame here

seanpyke
10-24-2011, 03:56 PM
This better be optimized like hell. If there are bugs in this, I'm going to start slapping people.