PDA

View Full Version : Manual?

venzi
10-19-2011, 11:30 AM
How about a manual, is this too much to ask for? I mean, sure, most things are pretty self explanatory... but not everything. I'm not much of a gamer I guess and I'm getting my butt kicked on the 2nd mission (normal difficulty), so I've been thinking maybe I'm missing something. Like, what do the little green arrows going up next to units mean, or I noticed my units being negatively affected by unknown spells shown only by icon, things like that. Come on, even easy games come with a manual, how come a complex strategy game like this doesn't have it?

Leinad177
10-19-2011, 12:36 PM
how come a complex strategy game like this doesn't have it?

Because it would be rediculously huge. It's the same reason why WoW doesn't come with a huge manual describing every item and monster in the game.

If it's important to your gameplay, you will figure it out.

wneubert
10-19-2011, 03:07 PM
There is a manual in the game directory called: manual.pdf. This seems to be a well kept secret, so it's no surprise you didn't know about it.

There is also the fan manual which is in an early phase but has tons of valuable information.

venzi
10-20-2011, 08:37 AM
wneubert, thank you!
I found the game manual in the Support folder - it's small but still has some useful info. Found the fan manual as well - all I can say is WOW... these guys put really a lot of time into it!!!

Parrish
10-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Yup, there is a manual:

Steam\steamapps\common\might and magic heroes vi\Support\Manual

wneubert
10-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Yes the fan manual is incredible. I was for heroes 5 also, as was the skillwheel. We all owe these guys a debt of gratitude and thank them for continuing the fan manual tradition.

banished_one
10-20-2011, 12:02 PM
How about a manual, is this too much to ask for? I mean, sure, most things are pretty self explanatory... but not everything. I'm not much of a gamer I guess and I'm getting my butt kicked on the 2nd mission (normal difficulty), so I've been thinking maybe I'm missing something. Like, what do the little green arrows going up next to units mean, or I noticed my units being negatively affected by unknown spells shown only by icon, things like that. Come on, even easy games come with a manual, how come a complex strategy game like this doesn't have it?

Little green arrows indicate buffs

if you right click a unit you can see the spells on it and hovering will display it's name

DrakenLord
10-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Link to the fan manual?