PDA

View Full Version : This Game was Made by Devils

Scrounder
10-19-2011, 04:18 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Devil%27s%20Details

HAvOXZ
10-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Wheres is teh sonic teams?! :o and who the hankly doodly are Devils Details?

ezodagrom
10-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Or it's a mistake (like calling Sonic Generations a strategy game), or that company (never heard of them) is handling the port.

Heartwood256
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Yeah man that's weird.

I didn't realize that Sega hires other companies to do ports though. Makes sense that that's who they are.

Chizu
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
I guess they're responsible for the porting of the game.
Its a Sonic Team game, with whoever these peopel are handling the porting.

japanimater
10-19-2011, 09:51 PM
I was afraid of this. Usually when a developer contracts a third-party to port a game to pc the biggest thing to suffer is support. You can bet that if this game has any bugs and glitches that either they won't be fixed or only a couple of patches get issued.

DustArma
10-19-2011, 09:58 PM
New information:

Virtua Tennis 4 PC was also handled by Devil's Details, that means Sega at least has done deals with them in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSBLZjnLPlg&t=5m46s

About the Virtua Tennis 4 PC port, other than the save corruption issue (I bet that issue wouldn't exist if they didn't use Games for Windows LIVE), from what I've heard the port was rather decent, it didn't have many graphics options, only resolution, anti-aliasing and vsync, but looks like it ran rather well in a wide range of PCs (someone even commented in a PC hardware forum that the game used his GTX580 less than Firefox, haha).

ezodagrom
10-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Posted about this in another topic, but since this topic is more related to this, might post it here as well.

Just found out something interesting, Devil's Details was responsible for the port of Virtua Tennis 4 for the PC. Other than the save corruption issues (which I bet wouldn't exist if the game didn't use Games For Windows Live), VT4 PC seems to be a decent port.

When it comes to graphics settings though, VT4 appears to only have options for the resolution, anti-aliasing and vsync (not sure since I don't have the game, but saw a few videos sometime ago, someone showed the settings screen and it only had those options).

Anyway, how did I find out that Devil's Details ported VT4? Was curious on who ported it for the PC so I searched youtube for the PC version credits, and here it is, at 5:45.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSBLZjnLPlg

EDIT: Meh, DustArma posted it before me. :>

DustArma
10-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Posted about this in another topic, but since this topic is more related to this, might post it here as well.

EDIT: Meh, DustArma posted it before me. :>

You beat me to the other one so we are even :D

Error 52
10-20-2011, 01:22 PM
The email address for them is 666Worship@gmail.com.

TheWonderball
10-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I was afraid of this. Usually when a developer contracts a third-party to port a game to pc the biggest thing to suffer is support. You can bet that if this game has any bugs and glitches that either they won't be fixed or only a couple of patches get issued.

Please, don't be right. I swear I'll be mad at them if it turns out to be a ♥♥♥♥ty port.

Lone_Sword
10-22-2011, 11:36 PM
This is the exact reason why I'm not pre-ordering. I'll give it a week or so after launch to see how it turns out.