PDA

View Full Version : *The* dumbest race i've ever been involved in

JimmyMcNulty
10-19-2011, 04:58 PM
This has surpassed the chaos of Nurgburgring.

Barcelona, 50% laps.

There are at least 10 cars that go off track on one of the bends at some point in the race, not a single one of them gets a penalty for unsafe rejoining of the track. I find it pretty amazing that there were no retirements or safety car either.

I go off once, rejoin the track. Instant penalty!

Then there was the slower cars. In qualifying, they just took up the racing line. I had to restart session at least 5 times because the slower cars were blocking the racing line for my hot laps.

Then in the race, the cars weren't bothering to get out of the way for me when they should have done. And then pretty absurdly, when i finally managed to pass them, they were trying to overtake me!

This has got to be one of the dumbest games i've ever seen. Quite frankly 4 flashbacks aren't enough. The amount of dodging i had to do in that race to not crash into cars that had spun/rejoining the track was crazy.

Where's that 40 flashback mod? :P

oh and another thing. all those cars that spun/got beached on that corner, hardly lost any places even though they were doing it nearly every lap.

Just ♥♥♥♥ing absurd.

Pete Danger
10-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Your lucky Jimmy, at least you get racing. I seem to get an illegal blocking penalty at almost every start. As soon as the red lights go out, up comes the illegal blocking bo**ocks!. Have to keep restarting the race till I get a so called clean start...no difference in my start to get it. What you say about slow cars on the racing line during qualifying is so true...thing is, they move onto the racing line as you are approaching them from behind, what the f**k is that all about!.

Are You Stupid?
10-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Yes, this game has flaws but you're over reacting.

I've seen plenty of retirements and safety cars. At least 3 safety cars a season. Averaging about 1 retirement ever 2 races.

What difficulty are you racing?

I've very seldom been given a penalty when rejoining, less than 5 in 3 seasons and when I do it's because I almost take out the other car. This isn't the games fault.

The slowers cars suck in qualifing but F1 is the same. You just have to work around it, it's not a big deal.

Why are cars you've lapped catching up to you? It's not the games fault that you somehow are slower than cars you've lapped.

Why are you doing 50% races if you aren't good enough to do them? 4 Flashbacks in plenty dude, take it down to 20% then hopefully you can make it past 2 laps without crashing and finish.

Don't blame the game because you can't race.

Pete Danger
10-20-2011, 03:24 AM

I've seen plenty of retirements and safety cars. At least 3 safety cars a season. Averaging about 1 retirement ever 2 races.

I've very seldom been given a penalty when rejoining, less than 5 in 3 seasons and when I do it's because I almost take out the other car. This isn't the games fault.

The slowers cars suck in qualifing but F1 is the same. You just have to work around it, it's not a big deal.

Why are cars you've lapped catching up to you? It's not the games fault that you somehow are slower than cars you've lapped.

Why are you doing 50% races if you aren't good enough to do them? 4 Flashbacks in plenty dude, take it down to 20% then hopefully you can make it past 2 laps without crashing and finish.

Well I've been racing on a PC since about 1990 (that's when I got my first desktop) and I mostly race sim's and I know F1 2011 is not a sim', but you have to draw the line somewhere. Like 2010 this game is flawed in many respects. It may happen, on a very few occasions in real F1, that a qualifying lap is spoiled because some one has stayed on the racing line when a car is coming through on a flying lap...but not often and certainly not every race and with several cars offending in the lap. The penalty system is a laugh in the game and it is loaded to the ai's in almost all areas. The illegal blocking at the start of a race is one example that stands out. Kers works ok, but the drs is a hit and miss affair in the race; sometimes it is available in the drs zone when you are nowhere near the 1sec' distance from the car in front of you and on other times when you are right up the exhaust pipe of the car in front, it does not become available. Blue flags are ignored by the ai's on many occasions without them getting a penalty...but you try it!. I could go on, but it really is not worth it; as the game is still enjoyable in many respects; because like 2010 the tracks and the cars are super and the physics are much improved now, so the racing experience is quite good on a whole.
I race custom, with no assists on hard, expert is out of my reach at the moment!. Goodish game overall, but far from real F1.

JimmyMcNulty
10-22-2011, 09:16 AM

What.

I wish it was an overreaction. I am simply telling you what happened. Not my fault if you are playing 3 lap races where nothing happens.

I played on Intermediate AI difficulty. Then i played on Pro. There's no difference. They both go off at the same corner time and time again.

HOW THE ♥♥♥♥ AM I SUPPOSED TO DODGE A CAR AT 100MPH THAT IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRACK!!!!!

I can't race? I don't think so.

It's the ♥♥♥♥ty 'AI'. Which isn't AI at all because it has zero intelligence.

Just to add to experience of cars and the racing line. Faster cars overtake me on the main straight in Catalunya. I have no problem with that. Then when they are in front of me, they brake for absolutely no reason on the main straight and i go straight into the back of them.

Oh. And you know what. I managed to dodge a car at 100mph around a corner by going on the kerb. Guess what? I got a penalty for it.

♥♥♥♥ing ridiculous.

Pete Danger
10-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Hey Jimmy, I'm glad some one else is playing the same version of this game as I am!!!. What about the antics of the ai's when you are flying down the fastest straight, they decide that now is a good time to start weaving all over the track to warm up their tyre's ready for their flying lap...f**k your lap matey. That suddenly braking, after passing, is also something out of cuckoo land. One thing for sure...you have to increase you driving skills, from what you needed in F1 2010. DRS is becoming a joke as well, I just raced at India and the DRS only came on once, that's ok in itself, but I was 3 sec's behind Webber at the time????. KERS, for me, is about the only thing that is stable. A patch is supposed to be coming along, let us hope it is a good one.

neowolf
10-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Another thing I've noticed is that it seems coded into the game, if you come within a certain distance of lapping a car, it will have a spass attack. Most notably you'll be catching the car down a straight, you hit that 300m mark or whatever, and then the car has the wobbles trying to get off the racing line. Petrov had one of these wobbles when i caught him in Valencia... down the back straight, and put himself nose first into the wall, knocking off his speed almost completely... and almost wiping me out... I lol'd at realism of it :P

squone
11-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey Jimmy, I'm glad some one else is playing the same version of this game as I am!!!. What about the antics of the ai's when you are flying down the fastest straight, they decide that now is a good time to start weaving all over the track to warm up their tyre's ready for their flying lap...f**k your lap matey. That suddenly braking, after passing, is also something out of cuckoo land. One thing for sure...you have to increase you driving skills, from what you needed in F1 2010. DRS is becoming a joke as well, I just raced at India and the DRS only came on once, that's ok in itself, but I was 3 sec's behind Webber at the time????. KERS, for me, is about the only thing that is stable. A patch is supposed to be coming along, let us hope it is a good one.

I'm not sure if you know this but the DRS detection point can actually be quite some way before the actual DRS activation point.
http://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/10/double-drs-zones-for-indian-gp.html
In the picture in this link you can see the detection zones are quite some way before the activation point.

JimmyMcNulty
11-17-2011, 04:18 AM
I'm currently in the process of videoing and editing Catalunya to show you just how bad it is.

neowolf
11-17-2011, 05:12 AM
I'm currently in the process of videoing and editing Catalunya to show you just how bad it is.

Looking forward to it. however am surprised to see you are only on Pro difficulty, Legend is where its at, anything below is just a breeze - start from the back and get to 1st within a lap or 2.

JimmyMcNulty
11-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Looking forward to it. however am surprised to see you are only on Pro difficulty, Legend is where its at, anything below is just a breeze - start from the back and get to 1st within a lap or 2.

I'll video both, i don't think there is too much difference in terms of the amount of race incidents, it just seems to be a 'glitch' in the game. Same thing happens at Nurgburgring which i'll capture as well.

TheDemocrodile
11-18-2011, 04:16 AM
i wish i could have video`d timo glocks insane "that safety car isnt for me" moment on the penultimate lap in monza thus getting an unexpected and irritating victory for the virgin team, no penalties, no flashbacks were used he just straight up kept his foot down and noone batted an damn eyelid!

LeftyBlueHand
11-21-2011, 02:48 AM
I'm not sure if you know this but the DRS detection point can actually be quite some way before the actual DRS activation point.
http://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/10/double-drs-zones-for-indian-gp.html
In the picture in this link you can see the detection zones are quite some way before the activation point.

Indeed, most DETECTION zones are a corner or 2 ahead of the actual DRS-zone. So it can happen that even when ur up the exhaust car ahead at the DRS-zone it won't work cause you weren't within a second at the Detection zone.