PDA

View Full Version : is it too late to change CS GO name?

myCull
10-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Global Offensive is lol bad.

CS and CSS are better a name than CS GO. Wasn't CSSS supposed to be next?

I suggest Awesome Couter-Strike: Great Job

(ACS: GJ)

beegoody
10-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Counter-Strike Source Source Source. Sounds logical

ilv
10-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Maybe they should name it this way: "Counter Strike: You take the point! - Negativ" or in short CS:YTTP!N
Yeay sounds awesome, I know

beegoody
10-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Counter-Strike : Get Out Of There, It's Gonna Blow!

CS GOOTIGB

Eclipsify
10-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Counter Strike Source: The Second Encounter

dłnedain
10-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Counter Strike Consoles

Woody38
10-20-2011, 08:25 AM
http://accesgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/logo.jpg

jokes lol... i like the name G.O.

Cracken56
10-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Counter-Strike 1.9

Nacimota
10-20-2011, 08:31 AM
What about:

Counter-Strike: Reloaded
Counter-Strike: With a Vengeance
Counter-Strike: Judgement Day
Counter-Strike: The Two Towers
Counter-Strike: A New Hope

or perhaps just,

Counter-Counter-Strike?

No, I think we'll just stick with Global Offensive.

Victorspain
10-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Counter-Strike Source for Consoles -> CS:SC which is read the same backwards.

Or maybe Counter-Strike Source Updated -> CS:SU

beef9205
10-20-2011, 08:39 AM
♥♥♥♥er strike, the second cumming

TemplateR
10-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Global Offensive is lol bad.

CS and CSS are better a name than CS GO. Wasn't CSSS supposed to be next?

I suggest Awesome Couter-Strike: Great Job

(ACS: GJ)

"Global Offensive" sound good, why should be change it again ?

What about:

Counter-Strike: Reloaded

No, I think we'll just stick with Global Offensive.

"Counter-Strike: Reloaded" sound good, but "Counter Strike: Global Offensive" sounds better for me.

GirlPower23
10-20-2011, 08:51 AM
I personally like the name, CS:GO (the acronym) flows pretty easy as well.

Rayman1103
10-20-2011, 09:12 AM

I agree.

myCull
10-20-2011, 10:52 AM

I agree, I like the acronym, but Global Offensive sounds Asian market bad.

Why not just think of a worse name? Like..

Counter-Strike: Dangerouz Gunz

Counter-Strike: Worldwide Wallbang

Counter-Strike: Not 2

neijer
10-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I wonder why noone said that yet:
Counter-Strike: Source 1.6

Bindal
10-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Counter Strike: Secret Wars

As it appears that next to Ts, CTs and sometimes hostages, NOBODY IS EVER THERE! (Also, it would be a nice reference to Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes, which had a level with the same name)

dłnedain
10-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Counter Strike : Religion of Peace

For the sake of irony.

Marcem7121
10-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Counter Strike: Secret Wars

As it appears that next to Ts, CTs and sometimes hostages, NOBODY IS EVER THERE! (Also, it would be a nice reference to Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes, which had a level with the same name)

Also when you start the game it says "counter-strike", enemies walk in the air, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCZrxMVHDRA&feature=related

tRustyTrombone
10-20-2011, 11:27 AM
The problem with the word offensive in the title is that haters are going to start making up nicknames for it. :D

Just like the childish "Call of Doody" you will have "Counter-Strike: Globally Offensive." Or something along those lines...

_ACID_
10-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Counter-Strike: Worldwide Wallbang

Also add boobs and call it Counter-Strike : Globally Offensive

187eR
10-20-2011, 11:35 AM
♥♥♥♥er strike, the second cumming

LMAO:D

Bindal
10-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Also when you start the game it says "counter-strike", enemies walk in the air, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCZrxMVHDRA&feature=related
Never knew that game or heard of it enough to think about making a reference to it - I just came up with that name due mentioned Condition Zero Level "Secret War" (for anyone not playing Condition Zero Deleted Scenes - it was the fourth mission or so. You played as a Speznaz-Soldier, whos squad was send in to invenstigate a sudden loss of contact with a missle-silo. You go in - everyone dead and you meet not one but TWO terroristgroups in there. Who also fight each other as one wants to steal a rocket, the other want to blow it up. Lots of losses on all three sides, you commander sacrifices himself to make sure neither group gets the rocket and you fight off a freaking HIND as boss. On a jeep. While your team is driving.)

Perfectionist
10-20-2011, 12:00 PM
^ Sounds good, never played CZ.

I like the new title, even playing around with it still sounds alright. Strike : Global Counter Offensive

Bindal
10-20-2011, 12:08 PM
^ Sounds good, never played CZ.

I like the new title, even playing around with it still sounds alright. Strike : Global Counter Offensive
Global Strike : Counter Offensive
Global Counter: Offensive Strike
Offensive Strike: Global Counter

(last one is a bit off)

Perfectionist
10-20-2011, 12:15 PM
I do like that story of terrorist fighting terrorist, could probably make a game mode out of that.

Bindal
10-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Well, they didn't - they made it one level out of 12 or so in one game. (We also got stealth-missions, hostage-rescues in Alamo, the jungle and a few other locations, stopping a transportership and then fight of a HARRIER JET with an AWP, an assault on the headquarter of a drug baron with a followed bossfight with Scarface-references...)

It was actually not bad and I wish, Valve would make a full-price-sourcegame of what Deleted Scenes was supposed to be. That would be freaking AWESOME.

CsThm
10-20-2011, 12:41 PM
I wonder why noone said that yet:
Counter-Strike: Source 1.6

Cause it most probably will be unworthy to have 1.6 in it. But so does CSS with "Counter-Strike".

But back to topic, when I first read "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive", I thought to my self, "Global offensive of what? Why not Global offense".

Yet now am still joking with friends about this name telling not full sentences like "ok, let's go to", "so how was your", "what do you think of this new", "hey, haven't you heard about", and many more. Though we talk in russian. Actually from what I and some other guys saw so far we nicknamed it "Counter-Strike GOvno", what means... How should I put it... The exhaust you do, once in toilet for big reasons...

Hey, but that still doesn't mean that I wont give feedback for the game. However if VALVe wont listen to 1.6 players input more seriously, this nickname will fit perfectly, else I guess I'll prove to myself that this nickname was totally wrong (though I doubt that this "else" will be possible, cause first scenario seems far more likely).

Bindal
10-20-2011, 12:45 PM
So, if you don't care - why don't you go back to your "totally perfect" game and leave the people, who actually CARE ABOUT IT alone?

Perfectionist
10-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah that sounded harsh, i have seen people nit pick about game names before and totally uneccessary, especially when theres nothing wrong with it.

Fancy some global offensive?
Cant mate about to play on GO
That match on csgo was alright wasnt it.
Gonna jump on Global
Time for some offensive

Nothing wrong with the nickname for cs.

CsThm
10-20-2011, 12:54 PM
So, if you don't care - why don't you go back to your "totally perfect" game and leave the people, who actually CARE ABOUT IT alone?

Was that directed at me? Cause you may misunderstood, meanwhile game isn't released, so it may actually be good enough eventually. Though that probability is low. Since now nothing is certain, I am looking forward to see this game. But will be a next fail like Source compared to 1.6, depends only on VALVe, cause I think by now, 1.6 community made clear what they want and what they need. If this project will fail to interest 1.6 community (goal is to interest both 1.6 and Source guys), than it only proves that VALVe either aren't taking us seriously, either keep ignoring us, or the most logical of all - don't see our feedback as valid as it is.

bluz74
10-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Counter Strike: Episode 3

Victorspain
10-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Counter Strike: Episode 3

Don't you know? Valve can't count up to 3 ;)

Bindal
10-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Don't you know? Valve can't count up to 3 ;)
Not just that, but it would be number four. (1.6, Condition Zero, Source)

VALVe either aren't taking us seriously, either keep ignoring us, or the most logical of all - don't see our feedback as valid as it is.
Considering how you act (and most of the 1.6-community, for that matter), neither would I as game-developer.

jXales
10-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Counter-Strike: Not 2

now That, was funny :D

Pl2sku
10-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Counter-Strike: Revenge of the Terrorists

CsThm
10-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Considering how you act (and most of the 1.6-community, for that matter), neither would I as game-developer.

With an exception that this actions have been fueled by them. How weird it may seem, but as we found out the hard way, this is the only method to get VALVes attention when it comes to games especially the ones like 1.6. For example the last time they tried to fix crouch-hop, aka silent-run, aka russian-walk. People did state nicely and polite that this fix is a bad idea to fix it, and that it will ruin much of the gameplay. There was a thread created on this discussion what had over 60 pages, politely agreeing with the fact that it would be the best thing to make it the way it was, with few troll exceptions who didn't agree with it (but it was like 1 out of 50 replies). Well, what we've good as response, thread was deleted and next update was even worse than previous one, and the one after that even worse blocking ability to duck at all, and after that unduck was as slow as in CSS. Well, that's when we had enough of being polite, we said them clear and strait what we thought what they were doing without changing words like "****ed up" to "unpleasant", or "bull****" to "makes no sense", and so on. In result they heard us, leaving silent-run in game, but making it a bit less efficient and a bit harder to do.

Similar thing was in SteamWorks update when they added steam icons. Players didn't have ability to change nicknames. At first everyone was polite and nice. Eventually, when we understood that this wont get us anywhere, there was again everything strait and clear without no filters - now we have ability to change your ingame nicknames.

If statistically being nice with VALVe would get things done the way they should be, than of course I'd filter every thought what I make up to the point where it's almost angel speaking. I for example would like that myself, cause I wouldn't have to justify/explain myself before you. But unfortunately VALVe will be VALVe. Unless they'll prove 1.6 community wrong (but it will have to be their move - not ours).

dłnedain
10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Same old story, to the far left you have f anboys, brownosers, teacher pets and to the far right haters, trolls and tyrants... Only in the middle you find educated smart people asking things more or less politely without refusing to debate. I guess the challenge is to spot the interesting posts in the mess, I wonder if Valve bothers to.

You don't get anything by remaining silent though.

You really think the Source community is any better ? :D

CDeacon
10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
The name is fine, and yes it's too late to change it.

Doni
10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Lol it'd be too late to change it if you asked the second it was announced.

I like the acronym. I'm so-so for the actual name. But hey, I can't really think of a better one so whatever.

Counter-Strike Source 2: Electric Boogaloo?

neijer
10-20-2011, 03:56 PM
(running gag from a german TV-show called "TV Total")
Counter-Strike: Der Gerät

EliteTemptation
10-20-2011, 05:42 PM
CS: Go Go Go!

shamoke
10-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Sounds alright to me.

Tobias_Snygg
10-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Counter strike 1.7?

lolbrah

Sarge945