PDA

View Full Version : is multiplayer dysfunctional for everyone?

upagainst
10-20-2011, 09:25 AM
I have the worst luck with the online portion of this game. My friend and I bought thinking we could add each other to a buddy list or at least join a lobby together.

How do I play my friend? :/

ST21
10-21-2011, 05:38 PM
yup its broken. doesn't work for anyone. all i want is a simple quick match. i've given up trying.

Keylo415
10-21-2011, 09:45 PM
I've been able to play every day this week so far, you just have to catch the server's a good time..A week before tho I couldn't find anyone, just like now it's 12:44 a.m. est and there's over 16,000 people online and guess what I've been finding people left and right:cool:

dannyland
11-03-2011, 03:08 PM
if this is all because people aren't running their benchmark before going to play online, the better question is why the ♥♥♥♥ is 2k letting you look for a match without benchmarking first?!?

ST21
11-04-2011, 06:05 PM
yup. havnt been able to do 1 single quick match. wish i could get a refund for this game.

BoomShakaLuka
11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
It's an embarrassment. Why is there no lobby in this game? Why? I swear NBA Live 2003 ran circles around this game. I know PS3 and 360 are going to have a lot more people, but to give PC gamers the shaft is just a slap to the face.

forumuser622
11-24-2011, 01:10 AM
This game even on ps3 is not that popular anymore. So don't feel bad.

upagainst
12-15-2011, 09:16 AM
i feel like an idiot for buying this game. my buddy and i bought it at the same time because we'd been playing 2k11 online for the last year.

to keep it short... we still have to play 2k11 because 2k12 won't even let us start a game together.

never again, 2k sports.

Cranial Vacancy
12-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Yea decent looking and fun game for SP sports title. If you want to play MP, have roster updates and receive the patches not much love for the PC. Console versions already have 4 patches and at least some of the roster updates for rookies and recent trades since lockout ended.

neurosis
12-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Yes, I bought it specifically because I wanted to play PICKUP games in MYPLAYER (theres an option for it in the old ones) but thats not even in this one, so I was bummed but hey, I just wanna play with others so no biggie Im thinkin...

From day 1, no mplayer. I Of course diligently perform all benching and restarting and follow everything cuz I know these warnings are there for a reason, but still no love.

I got in a game once, to the team picking screen and I was so excited I accidentally cancelled it. But hey it works now, mustve patched something, yay... or so I thought.

I tried the rest of the day, no luck.

At this point, I would like to toss my collectively embarrassed hat on the pile along with many other poorly formed metaphors and say this game was an epic fail for anyone interested in multiplayer.

A sad day. I was just getting to like 2ksports and they kawkslap me in the face like this, causing my future time to be spent decrying their works instead of purchasing them.

In short, I concur.

Deluxxe
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM
to be honest, i'm not sure how people can enjoy MP. Ever since i can remember, the 2k hoops games online are just a cheese fest of guys hogging with Lebron or Kobe. Trying to dunk or shoot 3s every posession by spazzing out on the controls. Unless that has changed in 2k12, i won't be missing MP one bit.