PDA

View Full Version : Remember when people thought delays would hurt sales?

DollerDollah
10-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah. How does it feel to be wrong?

Missaglia
10-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah. How does it feel to be wrong?

Did I miss something?

spartan0078
10-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Did I miss something?

Game was supposed to come out last November. I never said I wouldn't buy the game ever but I was really annoyed at the delays that's for sure!

Missaglia
10-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Game was supposed to come out last November. I never said I wouldn't buy the game ever but I was really annoyed at the delays that's for sure!

Games get delayed? On PC? Surely not! :eek:

Booyah
10-20-2011, 05:48 PM
I hope this topic lives up to your expectations.

Mawgy
10-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Should have Delayed This topic for Arkham city lol. Goty here we go.

AuraofMana
10-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Was waiting for this game for a long time... now that it's out... well not going to get it because Battlefield 3 is coming out in 5 days. For me, the delay killed the game.

k3kz0r
10-21-2011, 01:40 AM
Just buy both games...why just stick to 1 Game?

AgingHobo
10-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Just buy both games...why just stick to 1 Game?

Because some people have limited time and/or money for games.

Aitkenj
10-21-2011, 04:03 AM
Remember when this stuck up ♥♥♥ of a developer said that pc would be mostly piracy and would harm precious console sales. How does it feel to be wrong?

Btw op that was the cause of the delay so as we can see it was simply unnecessary, no right or wrong about it.

Tulipopa
10-21-2011, 04:12 AM
Remember when this stuck up ♥♥♥ of a developer said that pc would be mostly piracy and would harm precious console sales. How does it feel to be wrong?

Btw op that was the cause of the delay so as we can see it was simply unnecessary, no right or wrong about it.

Console and PC versions got launched at the same time, so how can you say the delay was unnecessary?

For example Batman Arkham City is out now on consoles and there are lots of players saying they wanted to get it on PC, but now that PC got delayed they will get it on a console because they either "can't wait" or they have more time to play at this moment.

In my opinion you either release at the same time or you release the console versions first to maximize your profits. I mean it's just common sense. Piracy is a lot more easier and has less risks on PC than it does on consoles. Even the "bigger" developers/publishers use this strategy, but they give you some made up excuses that usually involve "PC is getting the better version" or "we ran into some unexpected hardware complications with the PC version".

.O.
10-21-2011, 07:19 AM
I thought the delay was because microsoft was pushing their weight around with the "you can't release stuff on XBLA later than you release it on other platforms. If you do, we will not allow you to release your stuff on XBLA"

Zukabazuka
10-21-2011, 07:55 AM
And that Microsoft need to do some validation on the game that seems to take a while. Gotta wonder what they actually do during that time because those bugs in the game seems to pretty major issue.

LordHavoc01
10-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Because some people have limited time and/or money for games.

That's why I'm playing neither (for the moment) and using all my time to build a cloning machine and have myself duplicated:D

Sneaky Bear
10-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Nearly all big games that have come out recently have leaked on the console before the PC. In fact the only 1 I can think of is BF3 being leaked before consoles, but no-one can decrypt the files on PC anyway because of origin so it's worthless. PC piracy is just an excuse to not release games for it and spend more time developing for less profit.

Zamav
10-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Delayed the release
Cited PC piracy as a reason
Cited xbox verification as a reason
Said they're only going to give a months worth of polish to PC after xbox verification
Exclusive vendor items

Of this list, exclusive items jaratees me off the most.

Edit: I'm tempted to buy it, but seeing pirates getting once again the best version of a game, I'm not really sure.

Wardiaper
10-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I was also very, very, very annoyed with the devs. Swore I wouldn't buy this, but ended up buying 2 copies. This proves a great game can overcome almost anything.

DD also fills a void. I don't know of any games like this. Some similar, but no other game really like this game in my library, and it's fun. The sheer amount of stuff packed in this game is amazing, much more than I expected.

Dazzled
10-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Delayed the release
Cited PC piracy as a reason
Cited xbox verification as a reason
Said they're only going to give a months worth of polish to PC after xbox verification
Exclusive vendor items

Of this list, exclusive items jaratees me off more the most.

They gave priority to the "huge" Xbox market and... in one week the game on PC outsold all the copies they sold on xbox for the past year. It sold so well their official servers are still going down due to too much traffic. Not to mention all the bugs that are present after several months of supposedly polishing the game.

I hope they've learned their lesson. :mad: