PDA

View Full Version : With my specs, it should run great, right?

Grunt7684
10-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Cpu: AMD Phenom II X6 1100t @ stock 3.3 Ghz + Noctua NH-D14
Ram: Corsair 2x4gb DDR3 1866
Mobo: MSI 990FXA-GD80
PSU: Corsair 850W
Sound: Auzentech Prelude X-Fi + Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME headset
Graphics: SLI MSI GTX 570 OC Edition
Input: G-15 keyboard + Logitech G5 gaming mouse
Monitor: Samsung 2233rz 3D ready 120hz + nVidia 3D Vision
Case: Antec Twelve Hundred
120 fps all the way, right?

Well no, after a bit it dips: 70, 50, 30, 20, 10.

When I exit the game, Windows informs me that there was an error and "search for solution and close" or just close.

I tried with SLI disabled, same ♥♥♥♥.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

TheOnlyTrueZak
10-20-2011, 10:41 PM
The game is poorly optimized. It does not provide a consistent fps to begin with. Also some enchanted weapons, like poisonous krisses or frost daggers, have those visual effects on them that halve my fps the very second I equip them. And there are a couple of places in the game where your fps (regardless of your hardware) will go to the bottom, like the area with the Menelag's ship. And if you use enchanted weapons in that area as well, your fps will drop down to a real slideshow. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to fix it as Arcane Sudios stopped supporting this game long time ago and modders can't fix it either because devs never released mod tools. So... yeah, it sucks.

Grunt7684
10-21-2011, 06:07 AM
The game is poorly optimized. It does not provide a consistent fps to begin with. Also some enchanted weapons, like poisonous krisses or frost daggers, have those visual effects on them that halve my fps the very second I equip them. And there are a couple of places in the game where your fps (regardless of your hardware) will go to the bottom, like the area with the Menelag's ship. And if you use enchanted weapons in that area as well, your fps will drop down to a real slideshow. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to fix it as Arcane Sudios stopped supporting this game long time ago and modders can't fix it either because devs never released mod tools. So... yeah, it sucks.

No, you don't understand. My FPS doesn't get halved. I get a steady 120 with vsync on, under ANY circumstances I have met in the game. Except after a while, my FPS drops. And drops again. Until it is unplayable. This isn't a "low fps" problem, it's a constantly lower fps problem.

TheOnlyTrueZak
10-21-2011, 07:05 AM
No, you don't understand. My FPS doesn't get halved. I get a steady 120 with vsync on, under ANY circumstances I have met in the game. Except after a while, my FPS drops. And drops again. Until it is unplayable. This isn't a "low fps" problem, it's a constantly lower fps problem.

In that case it could be a memory leak. There was a thread about it. But again I doubt it's fixable.

Grunt7684
10-21-2011, 08:58 AM
In that case it could be a memory leak. There was a thread about it. But again I doubt it's fixable.

Yeah looks like a memory leak. I could possibly try and run it on my XP Partition... Hm...

Jamyskis
10-24-2011, 11:59 AM
I have a very similar spec to yours, albeit quad-core and an ATI HD4890 instead of a GeForce, and I've not encountered similar problems.

Given that a difference of two cores are unlikely to make that kind of difference, I have a sneaking suspicion it may be to do with your ForceWare drivers.

Try upgrading/downgrading them.

Triver
10-26-2011, 03:37 AM
There are many other people who have a similar issue with the fps drop. Its either software or hardware related, nobody can tell but your best bet is to try around with updating drivers, reinstalling steam (or even another windows) and try different graphic settings ingame if you ahvent done that already.

Some people said that the issue was solved when they used the retail version of Dark Messiah and not the Steam one, you can either try the free demo or get the retail version (somehow).

About the error when quitting the game:
I believe everybody has that, since Ubisoft quit support for the game a long time ago we will never see this fixed (even though its probably easy to fix) among so many other things.
Its really a shame because this game is way underrated :(

Grunt7684
10-26-2011, 08:49 AM
There are many other people who have a similar issue with the fps drop. Its either software or hardware related, nobody can tell but your best bet is to try around with updating drivers, reinstalling steam (or even another windows) and try different graphic settings ingame if you ahvent done that already.

Some people said that the issue was solved when they used the retail version of Dark Messiah and not the Steam one, you can either try the free demo or get the retail version (somehow).

About the error when quitting the game:
I believe everybody has that, since Ubisoft quit support for the game a long time ago we will never see this fixed (even though its probably easy to fix) among so many other things.
Its really a shame because this game is way underrated :(

I agree, it is hugely underrated. I'll probably reinstall XP on one of my HDDs sometime when I have time, just to play this game and maybe others such as Thief? I just got real busy with BF3.