PDA

View Full Version : Crash: After Gear Tutorial

Zantagor
10-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I get a crash after the Gear tutorial whenever I select SpellSet (which is the next Tutorial part)

so I can't progress at all from there.

Zantagor
10-20-2011, 08:02 PM
I think there might be a corrupted file on the steam server, as verifying File Integrity keeps redownloading something.

Crunchles
10-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Same.

eadwyn
10-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Same issue here. I've tried verifying game cache, restarting steam and even restarted my computer and it crashes here every time.

If a dev reads this:

Windows 7
i7 920
Radeon HD 4870X2
12 GB triple channel ram

HentaiHeroKyo
10-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Indeed, the same problem. Otherwise its such a unique and thus far, enjoyable game. I should hope it is fixed soon.

Fenizrael
10-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Just in case you guys missed the other forum posts... the dev(s) accidentally released a bug-ridden patch or something. It's happening to EEEEVERYBODYYYY

Cronjob
10-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Same here. I crashed twice before the intro even stopped (apparently if you aren't constantly focused on the game's window, the game will stop responding). The third time, I sat through the never-ending intro sequence, then did the first two tutorials. Then crashed on spell selection of the third. Hopefully the devs will get the fixed version up soon. Seems like this has been happening more often with games around here.

Locclo
10-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Same issue here - as soon as I click on SpellSet, the game crashes. Using Windows 7, 32-bit if it helps.

Really disappointed. My friend has been raving about this game, and I was really looking forward to playing it. Unfortunately the game won't let me continue on without doing the tutorials, so I can't really play.

IridiumStudios
10-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Just cross-posting from the other thread, fixes for these crashes will be up by morning. Essentially, whenever the Valve guys wake up.

SgtPepper1000
10-21-2011, 12:23 AM
I hope so because you guys left me with the biggest blue balls, I'm quite enjoying the game.

Rhyzak
10-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Just cross-posting from the other thread, fixes for these crashes will be up by morning. Essentially, whenever the Valve guys wake up.

Please Do. I actually like this game unlike most of the other games been released. This one is actually addictive and cant wait to see everything else. Only thing ruining it and making people not want to play or even be bothered with it is you cant get past the Spell Select tutorial Part?

eonixkeiichi
10-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Ah! I am experiencing this problem!
I tried XP-compat mode, crashed.
Admin mode, crashed.
So everyone is having the same problem. I hope it gets fixed!
The game is fun so far.

Zanetsu
10-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Having the same problem here, hoping the patch will come out soon and fix this, the game itself is awesome.

stefftastiq
10-21-2011, 05:23 AM
i have the same problem :| are there no checking of the indiegames of steam? seems like almost everyone of the indiegames crash all the time :(

Garlyle
10-21-2011, 06:58 AM
i have the same problem :| are there no checking of the indiegames of steam? seems like almost everyone of the indiegames crash all the time :(
This was an accidentally-imposed crash. The fix they did shortly after release to add a couple new features accidentally broke something unintentional and by the time they were able to get the fix for -that-, Steam went to sleep for the night. But the fact is there already is a fix for it and it'll be arriving soon.

And to be fair this isn't really an issue with the indie market. It's really an issue with pretty much most consoles or PC titles in this age, as sad as it is. At the very least Iridium is being very prompt about fixing it.

joek00
10-21-2011, 07:10 AM
The news tab in Steam says that the game was just updated. However, I am getting still getting a crash at this point. Anyone geting a good game run with the new update.

Remedan
10-21-2011, 07:22 AM
My game was also crashing after the gear tutorial, but I managed to solve this by playing the spell tutorial in a fullscreen mode. The game didn't crash, but Sequence doesn display right in full screen mode(it looks like this (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/screenhwq.jpg/) on 1280*1024). But I got past the crashing part and now I can play fine in the windowed mode.

IridiumStudios
10-21-2011, 07:25 AM
My game was also crashing after the gear tutorial, but I managed to solve this by playing the spell tutorial in a fullscreen mode. The game didn't crash, but Sequence doesn display right in full screen mode(it looks like this (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/screenhwq.jpg/) on 1280*1024). But I got past the crashing part and now I can play fine in the windowed mode.

Yeah, resolution is third on our priority list at the moment. Sorry about the inconvenience...we'll get there. = D