PDA

View Full Version : Applied the 'En' to 'en' ini fix worked 1 day now borked

TheOriginalThee
10-21-2011, 09:52 PM
So 2 days ago I couldn't load the game. Same as everyone else, logo, back to desktop.
I applied the recommended fix in the ini file and played for 3 hours without a problem. Not one issue.
Next evening (yesterday), loads up no problem then I see the text. Totally borked with $ signs and almost unreadable.
That's the state of play so far. Can anyone offer a solution. To get me going again?
Great game but damn I wish I'd got the xbox version now!

Cheers.

--EUTHANASIA--
10-22-2011, 12:02 AM
I believe the speech files/text files are in data 2 pak file. If you re-unzip that to your Data directory, might fix it.

Sjeik
10-22-2011, 01:23 AM
So 2 days ago I couldn't load the game. Same as everyone else, logo, back to desktop.
I applied the recommended fix in the ini file and played for 3 hours without a problem. Not one issue.
Next evening (yesterday), loads up no problem then I see the text. Totally borked with $ signs and almost unreadable.
That's the state of play so far. Can anyone offer a solution. To get me going again?
Great game but damn I wish I'd got the xbox version now!

Cheers.

Same here bro, I'm done with this ♥♥♥♥. I'll take an iffy framerate on my PS3 before I launch this crap again. Off to the store now...

TheOriginalThee
10-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Thanks. I'll give that a try tonight and post back the results.

TheOriginalThee
10-22-2011, 05:58 AM
It's working again.
1st thing i did was use Steam to verify the files. It redownloaded the .ini file which i immediately changed to 'en'.
Started the game and AOK can actually read all text again!
Sweet :)