PDA

View Full Version : For Newcomers to Black Edition: Easy Gold!!

fuller556
10-21-2011, 11:25 PM
So I kind of accidentally stumbled upon the easiest way ever to make gold in this game, which should be very helpful to anyone new to the game who is having trouble picking up a lot of Holy Items for gold.

When you get the Stake Gun (one of the best guns EVER in an FPS...), you'll quickly notice that you can often send enemies flying and even impale them into a wall or to the floor. When you get down to the last enemy in an area--or if you know it's the last enemy in a group before you disturb additional nearby enemies within the same battle--use the Stake Gun to impale the enemy into a nearby wall. If you then quickly switch to the Painkiller weapon, get as close as possible, and launch the Killer (secondary fire) repeatedly as fast as you possibly can, the body will start spewing out jewels after about every third hit. Just keep firing the warhead until the body disappears; you can sometimes get 5 or 6 jewels before it does, giving you 15 or 20 gold per jewel. If you can do this several times in a level, you can get literally hundreds more gold pieces beyond what are strewn throughout the level in Holy Items and breakable objects.

Also don't overlook killing weak enemies with the Painkiller in the first few levels and juggling the bodies with it before they disappear. This is hard to master, but if you can get the timing down, you can still earn a couple of jewels per body. But be sure not to try either of these tricks when there are enemies swarming over you!!

I've also noticed that in the second level, you can hit the skeletons that pop up from the ground as they're spawning and cause their bodies to get stuck in the ground--perfect for using the Painkiller to rack up jewels before they disappear.

By utilizing this trick and finding as many Holy Items as I could, I ended up with about 13,000 gold going into Battle Out of Hell after finishing the main game on Trauma. With that much gold, you should NEVER have to worry about having enough gold to use the Tarot cards you wish. I hope this helps newcomers to the game to earn enough gold to use the better Tarot cards as they're unlocked.

itzan
10-28-2011, 05:05 PM
I just wanted to say that I've played a lot Painkiller, ever since it came out in 2004 and actually Painkiller was that one game that hooked me into my current field of work - Character Design and Animation.
And I've never even heard of that trick :)
+rep

P.S. Just got 3 jewels very quickly before I get whacked by on of those barrel carrying bastards on level 3(catacombs)...

fuller556
10-29-2011, 02:47 AM
Oooh, I HATE the guys carrying the explosive barrels. I've been blown up by a few of those guys myself.

But yeah, it's such a great trick to earning extra gold. I wish I had discovered it a long time ago, LOL. It's even good to try it in some places on Trauma difficulty since the cards you need to survive that playthrough are super-expensive, and it can be useful to change up on them for some levels. Besides, it's just fun beating up an impaled enemy. Very therapeutic. ;)