PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory Daily Deal Thread

Xaldyn
10-22-2011, 10:02 AM
You know what to do.

AltairITA
10-22-2011, 10:10 AM
don't you know that this game was discounted 90% off ?

hollenes
10-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Here be ye some reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sacraboar

http://www.gamesradar.com/sacraboar/

alrond
10-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I hope Valve know what to do as well - actually lowering the price would be a good start. :pStill listed at full price.

Xaldyn
10-22-2011, 10:18 AM
don't you know that this game was discounted 90% off ?

Regardless, just saving someone else from making the thread. Someone was going to eventually today, thought I may as well do it.

Xaldyn
10-22-2011, 10:19 AM
I hope Valve know what to do as well - actually lowering the price would be a good start. :pStill listed at full price.

According to the News tab in the client it's supposed to be 66% off.

Sonucais
10-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I honestly hated it. Download the Demo and try if works. Got it 2 years ago for 1€.

AltairITA
10-22-2011, 10:40 AM
anyway,it's still full price. and news section says that daily deal IS hydrophobia,too. still full price that game too. lol lol lol lol

Xaldyn
10-22-2011, 10:49 AM
anyway,it's still full price. and news section says that daily deal IS hydrophobia,too. still full price that game too. lol lol lol lol

How very odd.

AltairITA
10-22-2011, 10:56 AM
lol @ steam that saves our money.

dicul
10-22-2011, 11:44 AM
It's an extremely casual RTS.

Sly_Squash
10-22-2011, 12:29 PM
I have this on Impulse. Played it once and never tried it again. I wouldn't expect much.

kalmis
10-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Looks like tower defense, but it says RTS.

emtilt
10-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Hmm...I'm on the fence. Would like to hear a few more opinions since there's a significant fraction of people that hate it. Is the multiplayer community still alive?

Elaboration
10-22-2011, 03:59 PM
I played the game a little bit. Graphics are very similar to Warcraft III (a bit dated for 2011, but still pretty good and impressive for an independent company in my opinion).

I don't really like gameplay that much. There's no campaign mode, and your options are rather limited. The only gametype is capture the flag. You start out with 3 different structures - one which produces units, one which supplies power for that building, and one which contains your pig (flag). You train units (~8 types, which represent classic archetypes - light but weak flag runner, weak flyer, anti structure, etc - all available to you at the start) and try to capture the enemy's flag and bring it back to your base without having your flag captured.

The only structures you can build are towers: there are only 5 types, and each must be a (very large) set distance away from each other, so in a typical game you will only get to make a few of them. Towers, instead of doing anything themselves, instead unlock abilities (depending on type) you can use from anywhere on the map, including healing targeted units and freezing enemy units.

Seems like the game really focuses on micro and takes away the macro altogether (there's no resource gathering - dead units' costs are returned to your set resource pool). Just not very fun imo. And the multiplayer is dead.

strawzombie
10-23-2011, 09:18 AM
The best way I've heard this game described is to think of it as a class-based FPS (like TF2) played as top-down-view RTS, rather than comparing it to your typical base-building, resource-gathering RTS.

It's not a casual RTS, but a heavy micro RTS. Both sides are equal, and most maps are symmetrical. It's like high speed chess, where if your opponent takes your bishop, you just spawn another one. So the only way you will win is to react and move faster than your opponent at the tactical level. There's no real grand strategy here where you try to find/maximize an advantage for the entire round because everything you can do, your opponent can pretty much do too because you are both equal.

Sacraboar's graphics are above average for an indie title, but the unit voices are pretty annoying and are best muted.

Another game that has similar gameplay is Arena Wars (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-AW/arena-wars-reloaded).

g051051
10-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Mouse pointer didn't work after install. I had to use the ctrl-backspace fix posted on the forums. After I got in the game and started the tutorials, the game didn't pin the mouse to the game display so scrolling was very difficult. Two small bugs that should never happen on modern games. Who knows what else is broken later on?