PDA

View Full Version : Is this supposed to be a joke (Araxia fight)?

Borjoyzee
10-22-2011, 04:32 PM
The boss fight against Araxia is absolutely stupid. Big Bones is doing insane amounts of damage (over 200 - 1000 points while my party has about 500 HP). Araxia is healing 200 - 300 HP per round when health has dropped under half. I have tried all possible costume combinations but I only have one support costume (Statue of Liberty) - there are five or six costumes from the main game that I do not have in the add-on. I thought that I had explored the whole area but am I missing something?

a_nevels666
10-22-2011, 04:55 PM
The boss fight against Araxia is absolutely stupid. Big Bones is doing insane amounts of damage (over 200 - 1000 points while my party has about 500 HP). Araxia is healing 200 - 300 HP per round when health has dropped under half. I have tried all possible costume combinations but I only have one support costume (Statue of Liberty) - there are five or six costumes from the main game that I do not have in the add-on. I thought that I had explored the whole area but am I missing something?

The yeti costume special ability shields all 3 characters which is great for blocking big bones' attack, and that is the only real danger in that fight.

It's also important to equip the best battle stamps. Make sure to equip the one that lets the entire party regenerate health.

The pirate, the eyeball and the yeti are the only new costumes and you can go back and get them (and the battle stamps) even at the very end. There is no point of no return.

13xforever
10-23-2011, 02:55 AM
I beat them with Yeti + double damage / Eyeball + splash damage / Unicorn + resurrection.

And unicorn costume is easily replaceable by the Statue of Liberty.

I forgot to change the stamps, so it's very far from optimal for boss 1-on-1 fight. Still, I had no problem to beat them in one try.

Borjoyzee
10-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the tips but I am still not able to do it. The yeti costume helped much but I am at a point where Araxia has 1 hit point left, the yeti shield has not recovered and I only have the battle stamp for small HP recovery. I have no unicorn costume to try this tactic and I have no idea where to look for. I am missing 5 costumes in the add-on. Costumes that I had all at the end of the main game. There are 19 stamps missing in the menu but only 16 cards buyable at the trader.

Araxia is at, lets say, 300 points health. I do over 300 damage but still there is one HP left. Then he flies up and is invincible and Big Bones shoots me away with some hundreds of damage. Often more damage than my party has overall HP.

There has to be some special trick or I am just to stupid to to it. Maybe because I have never done a flawless round in this fight. Don't know why, but I always miss some of the QTE for defending. So my received damage is often very high.

While playing I often thought nice game for kiddys but a bit to easy and now I am really at my wits end. I feel ashamed... :(

flipflopfloop
10-29-2011, 10:18 AM
when Araxia has 1 hp left you have to hit him like 3 times until he falls ontop of big bones and dies.

I used Pirate + Yeti + Unicorn.

Pirate had the Max Revive Battlestamp (You revive one turn later with full health)

Yeti had the battle stamp that heals all party members each turn

and Unicorn had the battle stamp the provides lots of healing every turn.

Remember to save your special abilities until you absolutely need them. Like for the yeti, only use it the turn Big Bones will attack (you know he'll attack the turn after he eats a bag of candy). And for the Unicorn, only use the special ability is someone drops below half health.

held
10-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Is this the final fight of the DLC? I am also at this point and died 2 times. I will try your tips with the Yeti.

Edit: Finished the DLC.

Borjoyzee
11-01-2011, 10:56 AM
when Araxia has 1 hp left you have to hit him like 3 times until he falls ontop of big bones and dies.

I used Pirate + Yeti + Unicorn.

Pirate had the Max Revive Battlestamp (You revive one turn later with full health)

Yeti had the battle stamp that heals all party members each turn

and Unicorn had the battle stamp the provides lots of healing every turn.

Remember to save your special abilities until you absolutely need them. Like for the yeti, only use it the turn Big Bones will attack (you know he'll attack the turn after he eats a bag of candy). And for the Unicorn, only use the special ability is someone drops below half health.

Finally did it with pirate, space ranger and yeti. But it still needed winning all defending reaction tests - I really suck with this ones.

And again my question - how do I get the dreaded unicorn in the add-on? I had it in the main story but never used it. It reminded me to much on my little pony. There are 5 costumes in the add-on that I never found. So how and where do I get these???
:confused:

ccfreak2k
11-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Here's my build:
Reynold:
Costume: Pirate
Stamp: Skeleton of the Wolf

This was my bruiser. At full stats he could deliver upwards of 500 damage.

Everett
Costume: Unicorn
Stamp: Headless Banshee

Second bruiser and support. The special ability is an absolute necessity.

Wren:
Costume: Vampire
Stamp: Headless Vampire Bat

Second support, keeps the party alive.

And here's my strategy for beating it:
Ignore Big Bones. You can't hit him anyway. Focus on Araxia with your alpha strike (whatever maximizes damage). After some amount of damage is done, he will fly up into the air. Instead of damage, switch to merely connecting since your attacks will now do absolutely no damage (for example, I saved "Dead Men Tell No Tales" and instead used his regular attack). After enough successive attacks, he'll get hit with a candy ball and land on Big Bones. This will cause him to land back on the ground. Hit him again with your best attacks to do more damage. Repeat until he hits Big Bones a third time, and he'll get thrown into the green goo and sink, as will Big Bones. You win.

It's likely that at some point during the fight you'll get hit with Candy Scream from Big Bones. This is an unmitigatable attack, and hits all three characters. Just make sure you're ready for it. If you're using this build, use "There's a Bat in My Hair!" to keep the party health up and "My Pretty Panacea" to resurrect any KO'd characters (SAVE the Panacea for a character that is nearly or fully KO'd). If the Unicorn is down, use There's a Bat in My Hair to keep the other two alive until he comes back.

Emonic
11-17-2011, 02:42 PM
I used the Unicorn, Yeti and Robot.

Borjoyzee
11-18-2011, 07:18 AM
I used the Unicorn, Yeti and Robot.

Am I the only one who didn't get the unicorn costume in the add-on??? :confused:

Normy
12-02-2011, 03:03 AM
The Unicorn was in the main game, not the DLC.

Anyway, I finished this game yesterday and the Araxia fight was quite easy. I used the Yeti (Shield), Vampire (Heal) and the Eyeball (Damage).

Borjoyzee
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
The Unicorn was in the main game, not the DLC.

Anyway, I finished this game yesterday and the Araxia fight was quite easy. I used the Yeti (Shield), Vampire (Heal) and the Eyeball (Damage).

Yes, I too got the Unicorn in the main game and all other costumes. But in the add-on there where 5 costume slots empty at the end and a lot of people (just read above) told me to use the Unicorn - so it has to be in the add-on. :confused:

D3xter
12-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes, I too got the Unicorn in the main game and all other costumes. But in the add-on there where 5 costume slots empty at the end and a lot of people (just read above) told me to use the Unicorn - so it has to be in the add-on. :confused:

All costumes are being transferred from the main game to the DLC as long as you collected them and you are using the same slot, you can even go back and get them after you played some of the DLC (I had the Vampire missing, got him and saved the Main Campaign on Slot1, then loaded Slot1 for the DLC and I had the costume there too), so either you did something wrong like picking a completely new slot to start playing or your game is bugged.

Borjoyzee
12-06-2011, 10:11 AM
All costumes are being transferred from the main game to the DLC as long as you collected them and you are using the same slot, you can even go back and get them after you played some of the DLC (I had the Vampire missing, got him and saved the Main Campaign on Slot1, then loaded Slot1 for the DLC and I had the costume there too), so either you did something wrong like picking a completely new slot to start playing or your game is bugged.

Damn - I used a new save game slot. I didn't think that it would make any difference. :o

Amander
12-29-2011, 11:30 AM
I managed to get this sucker after a while. Pirate, Eyeball and Lady Liberty. The pirate got a stamp for double attack power, the eyeball the stamp for slow regen of the whole party and the statue the stamp for insane regeneration. I saved the special healing power for after the big bad guy blew my party and it worked well. I would even call this setup easy.