PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have 2 armies fighting alongside?

blanchflower
10-22-2011, 06:33 PM
OK, as I am new to this series, I have been wondering about this for a long time. As you know, an army can only have 20 units of soldiers or sieges. Is it thus possible, during a battle, to add in another extra army to win the battle?

If so, how can I do it? Please enlighten me! Thanks!

:confused:

LeeTheAgent
10-22-2011, 07:56 PM
It's been a long time since I've been in that situation (haven't played Rome for like a year amidst all the other TW games), but if you have a reinforcing army, they will enter the battlefield. I don't believe you can control them though in this game. Just have multiple stacks are where you are engaging the enemy.

blanchflower
10-22-2011, 09:43 PM
So what is the maximum number of armies one can have as reinforcements?

Dreag0n
12-01-2011, 04:23 AM
I don't know if there is a maximum. Probably 7 reinforcing armies. The thing that limits the amount of armies in the battle at once is your pc. Your pc has a certain amount of soldiers it can display at once. If you have more than the limit the reinforcements will be delayed. Reinforcements are controlled by the AI btw.

You will never really need reinforcements, at least not on normal. Sometimes against a very strong army a second army might come in handy. This doesn't happen very often though.

lobbotekka2019
12-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Sometimes the reinforcements will be delayed and hence may not appear until near the end of the battle. Sometimes they appear to replace your routed units (and hence you are not fighting alongside them). It varies based on circumstance, battle location and proximity of your armies to each other.

Khazadom
12-23-2011, 05:38 AM
It varies based on circumstance, battle location and proximity of your armies to each other.

Also your PC. If the game thinks your PC won't be able to handle that much soldiers, it delays the reinforcements. But you can receive them later on as your or enemies' soldiers die during battle.

I think there is an option to control your reinforcements too, there's a little PC sign next yo your reinforcements at battle overview screen on the strategy map. Just select the box beside it and if battle doesn't exceed your PC's capacity, you will control both armies.