PDA

View Full Version : To all Stronghold Fans: SUPPORT STRONGHOLD

soulgraph
10-25-2011, 04:09 AM
No one else is gonna make a castle siege sim these days. Yes the game looks a little dated & people are having problems but it looks like they tried to give us fans of the 1st game + crusader a true sequel. Bugs can be fixed, texture packs & maps can be made. Since not even the AAA big boys that are charging $60 are releasing finished games. So can we please not crusify Firefly before we give the game half a chance?

Darakon
10-25-2011, 04:12 AM
I just bought it and it's in FRENCH! So basically I just wasted 50€ on useless junk!

EFDarkSide
10-25-2011, 04:16 AM
Why am I going to give a second chance to people who had time to make and test their work? They gave us a beta freaking game! I'm tired of pre-ordering for support game companies and get ♥♥♥♥ all the time.

Not pre-ordering anymore... even if Valve develop HL3.

soulgraph
10-25-2011, 04:22 AM
I just bought it and it's in FRENCH! So basically I just wasted 50 on useless junk!

Have you tried to fix the problem? When I loaded the game up it gave me a language option (it was the 1st thing that came up).

soulgraph
10-25-2011, 04:28 AM
@ EFdarkside - So dont pre-order, but everytime someone gets a jacked-up game now it seems that that game also carries the burden of every bad release the poster has experienced before it.

Darakon
10-25-2011, 04:37 AM
Have you tried to fix the problem? When I loaded the game up it gave me a language option (it was the 1st thing that came up).

I get the "stronghold online" screen where I have to register(optional), and that's it. I tried changing the language in the steam properties, but there's only french and german!

soulgraph
10-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Have you tried to verify game cache?

Darakon
10-25-2011, 04:42 AM
Yes I have. No luck.

jammy2232
10-25-2011, 04:44 AM
I too have the same issues as Darakon. I cannot seem to find an English setting.

I have to disagree with you also.

This is not a football team!! I don't just blindly support companies through think and thin. They are providing a product which I expect to be to meet a minimum standard of quality.

Such as being able to use it on launch day and it being as bug free as reasonably as possible while representing value for money.

I don't know why people are allowing companies to provide such poor quality products with the they'll fix it later attitude. They have delayed the game multiple times. What were they doing in that period? They could have offered beta test to pre-orders to boost sales and iron out pre-release bugs.

As I am unable to read French I can't comment on the content, as of yet, but from what people are saying, so I take with a pinch of salt, it is very minimal and bugged. 30.00 is a lot of money. I get the feeling that this was not done to hide the negative impact the lack of maps and features would have had on pre-orders. This is highly disappointing, I would forgive that but there is so little official comment as of today on content or issues. It is highly frustrating.

Darakon
10-25-2011, 04:50 AM
I don't know why people are allowing companies to provide such poor quality products with the they'll fix it later attitude. They have delayed the game multiple times. What were they doing in that period? They could have offered beta test to pre-orders to boost sales and iron out pre-release bugs.

Unfortunatly this is whats considered "normal" these days.

D311
10-25-2011, 04:55 AM
Garbage game. It belongs on a tablet/apps for $4.99.

soulgraph
10-25-2011, 04:57 AM
I too have the same issues as Darakon. I cannot seem to find an English setting.

I have to disagree with you also.

This is not a football team!! I don't just blindly support companies through think and thin. They are providing a product which I expect to be to meet a minimum standard of quality.

Such as being able to use it on launch day and it being as bug free as reasonably as possible while representing value for money.

As I am unable to read French I can't comment on the content, as of yet, but from what people are saying, so I take with a pinch of salt, it is very minimal and bugged. 30.00 is a lot of money. I get the feeling that this was not done to hide the negative impact the lack of maps and features would have had on pre-orders. This is highly disappointing, I would forgive that but there is so little official comment as of today on content or issues. It is highly frustrating.

Again, I'm sure this isnt the first time youve been shafted on a bad release, it happens alot now. Im not asking everyone and their brother whos never heard of the game to stand by the devs no matter what... However this release has potential & as a fan Im willing to give it at least a few days before I rage-delete it from my library & swear off sh games

Zeev
10-25-2011, 05:03 AM
@ EFdarkside - So dont pre-order, but everytime someone gets a jacked-up game now it seems that that game also carries the burden of every bad release the poster has experienced before it.

Its a problem not to preorder a game that you like, while every pre orders offers some special in game items, and even MULTIPLAYER CONTENT that will split your community if you dont pre purchase.

(This post appeals to all steam pre purchase games)

poo
10-25-2011, 05:17 AM
WTF should be buy a buggy, unfinished and unpolished game, just to show our support?
How about developers start to show their customers support and actually finish a game before they release it.
Every single game this year, with the exception of Portal 2, has been an absolute failure upon launch.
They want to charge us $50 for this POS game... No thanks!

I'm a fan of SH1 and SH:C, all they have to do was make a game like the original but they cant even get that right and it was what the community was screaming out for.
I'll wait for this to go on sale for $5 "to show my support", otherwise why should I bother?

EFDarkSide
10-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Its a problem not to preorder a game that you like, while every pre orders offers some special in game items, and even MULTIPLAYER CONTENT that will split your community if you dont pre purchase.

(This post appeals to all steam pre purchase games)

+1

They have delayed the game multiple times. What were they doing in that period? They could have offered beta test to pre-orders to boost sales and iron out pre-release bugs.

+1 too

Kensington
10-25-2011, 05:30 AM
I'm sorry OP but I can't agree with any of what you said. People should buy a game because it is good. Not in the vain hope that somewhere down the line it might get patched or a decent sequel gets released. This is not how the industry works. Just because major studios are pushing out half finished games doesn't mean firefly gets a free pass.

soulgraph
10-25-2011, 05:31 AM
WTF should be buy a buggy, unfinished and unpolished game, just to show our support?
How about developers start to show their customers support and actually finish a game before they release it.
Every single game this year, with the exception of Portal 2, has been an absolute failure upon launch.
They want to charge us $50 for this POS game... No thanks!

I'm a fan of SH1 and SH:C, all they have to do was make a game like the original but they cant even get that right and it was what the community was screaming out for.
I'll wait for this to go on sale for $5 "to show my support", otherwise why should I bother?

It is like the first one...

aerial_ace
10-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Thank god for google i was way to young to know anything about Sh1 other then it was awesome

Funktion
10-25-2011, 05:46 AM
I would have gladly purchased the game just to support the developers, even with Steam's high price of 49.99, if they didn't decide to offer a number of exclusive content to several retailers. Steam had a bonus map, UK retailer Game had 1 or 2 different maps as well.
They should really stop doing crap like this. I simply couldn't pay 49.99 for a game, knowing fully well I would be missing some content. Offer non-playable pre-order bonuses like t-shirts or similar items all you want, but don't fragment the game. In a worse case scenario, offer the same bonus content to all pre-orders (not a different one for each retailer).

Why is it so hard nowadays to purchase a game, and receive all content available?
If they release the pre-order maps as DLC soon, I will purchase the game as soon as they are available. Otherwise, at best, only with an insane discount (75% or so) will I get the game.

I'm all for supporting the developers you like, and the games you like. I purchase lots and lots of games on day one knowing fully well I won't have time to play them until a later date, at which time the game probably dropped its price, just to support the developers. But this "support" should work both ways. And these developers simply don't have that very same respect and consideration for its customers.

aerial_ace
10-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Id say they do that so they simply can through it all into one DLC simply to make some more money

Nixiam
10-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Devs are not even decent enough to come here and give us answers, not even moderators (beside steam ones that are not involved), they don't give a ♥♥♥♥. That's the truth.
I'm sorry but I wasted my money, I can't say to the others "waste your money and the game will be better", for the simply reason that we don't know that, I'll feel guilty to push peoples to buy this crap full of bugs, this is what it is right now.

Fred DM
10-25-2011, 06:49 AM
Devs are not even decent enough to come here and give us answers.
actually, there are a couple of devs here and they have answered questions before the weekend.

also, they have their own official forums: http://www.fireflyworlds.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=271&func=showcat&catid=45

Nixiam
10-25-2011, 07:01 AM
actually, there are a couple of devs here and they have answered questions before the weekend.

also, they have their own official forums: http://www.fireflyworlds.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=271&func=showcat&catid=45

On twitter no one is speaking about bugs and things like that, I just asked something but I got the strange feeling that I'll not receive an answer, they are clearly avoiding the argument.
On the official forum they do nothing but locking the topics, look yourself.
Reading there is expected a patch for today, no one knows about what, I'm sure my soldiers will still have problems going on top of a turret, their poor asses will remain stucked in an invisible block or in a door that is supposed to be open, I'm also sure that I'll have to find another place for my buildings because of the wood walls builded accidentally that are impossible to delete because the erase tool is bugged too.
I don't know if all this can be fixed in a reasonable time, is so much and I'm only at the 2nd mission of the economic campaign.

epsylon_Z1
10-25-2011, 09:26 AM
To all Stronghold Fans: SUPPORT STRONGHOLD
Yep.
Buy this
http://store.steampowered.com/app/901735/?snr=1_4_4__13

JOINTS
10-25-2011, 09:27 AM
No one else is gonna make a castle siege sim these days. Yes the game looks a little dated & people are having problems but it looks like they tried to give us fans of the 1st game + crusader a true sequel. Bugs can be fixed, texture packs & maps can be made. Since not even the AAA big boys that are charging $60 are releasing finished games. So can we please not crusify Firefly before we give the game half a chance?

Dude, people did support Stronghold 3 but they got cheated, they received a French version of the game.

Did Firefly actually code the game themselves or did they outsource it to India?
I think it's a valid question, and I'm not going to support companies that outsource, because most of the outsourced stuff I've seen created has been really bad.

JohnGrimm
10-25-2011, 10:02 AM
I seriously doubt they'll patch in a skirmish and AI mode, but not including it was probably one of the stupidest things I've seen.

It'd be like Civilization not including AI skirmish.

sadhukar
10-25-2011, 10:17 AM
The premise that I should buy a broken piece of engineering just to 'support' the developer is idiotic, and you sir the TC, are a complete tool for even suggesting that I should reward incompetence.

47GodlikeKittin
10-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Please for the love of whatever you hold dearly do not support this game. This game is whats wrong with the whole gaming industry poorly made releases that barely work and is obviously not play tested correctly. This game ruined my day and I wish all the horrors possible on Firefly Studios.

fenk
10-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Why am I going to give a second chance to people who had time to make and test their work? They gave us a beta freaking game! I'm tired of pre-ordering for support game companies and get ♥♥♥♥ all the time.

Not pre-ordering anymore... even if Valve develop HL3.

So far I think Valve games are the only ones that have never let me down :D

fatalcheese
10-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Support Stronghold?

What exactly was buying the game - A donation? The English version issue - ok, distribution problems get the best of companies sometimes, but they can usually be fixed. Checking the website...checking the forums. Hmm, can't find anything along the lines of "we're sorry" or "we're working on it", or "here's how to fix." Is it fixed? What's the status? Oh, hey, I found a post by a random user, who contacted support, and was courteous enough to post what support told him. Wait a minute, why isn't Firefly posting this?

But, there are clearly more technical issues then just language. If it was my product (and I was surprised to see these issues) I would have posted instructions on what users should do (i.e. open a ticket), and what information they should provide, and assure them I value thier business and do everything I can to resolve as fast as possible. Ya know - something that indicated I gave a d@mn about the situation and thier satisfaction. Anything but simply ignore the problem. Haven't found anything like that.

Support Stronghold? Hey Stronghold - Support Your Customers.

When products are good, customers forget how late they were. When a customer buys a poor product, they never forget.

Fred DM
10-25-2011, 04:18 PM
i was this close to buying Stronghold 3 when it was released early last week. i've never played a game in the series and i was looking forward to Stronghold 3 as my first Stronghold game.

now it looks like i won't be picking it up in a while. :( i'll wait and see what the patches do, but i'm not expecting any wonders.

there seems to be a serious lack of content, and i fear they'll sell additional maps and/or game modes as DLC. that's what usually happens when a developer goes SteamWorks...

Evil_Warhead
10-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Haha you're right , bugs can be fixed etc. .. but try to "force" the developers to fix all that.
Example: Dead Island, how many updates did it get, maybe 2 in total? AND they even released the console version...
Ok sure Tripwire is doing a good job with RO2 trying to fix all their mistakes BUT THESE MISTAKES HAVE TO BE FIXED BEFORE RELEASING A GAME. It's like you sell a car which is fixed with glue and wondering why the buyer comes back the next day ,unhappy.

Captain_Trips
10-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Requested a refund on the basis I was mis-sold the game (lack of advertised co-op mode).

gijas04
10-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Yep, its what we have come to expect these days. Unfinished games that claim to be finished but are obvious alpha's not even beta's and then try to patch the game for a year or more just to make it playable. These developers would be better off to release their games free to play and then charge a small fee for (major) updates or give the code over to the modding community for a small fee. This can't be considered good business but yet its the norm..