PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions

cleptomano
10-25-2011, 09:47 AM
When i started to play this game i was confused, go play make a great score but theres no leaderboars or stats tracking nor progression system like killing floor. I could not understand the mechanics of the game because theres not a clear tutorial(theres a readable one that i dont want read , sorry) there should be a playable tutorial.
You can only chose 4 guys and in multiplayer they are randomly selected.

The good points, the game looks awesome (good job with UE 3),several game modes, very good maps.

My advice if there are not leaderboars or stats tracking add them asap.
Also the game needs some kind of customization , if you dont like the level thing or weapons attachements at least put some skin to chose or color of the clothes.
Something to give the character your own touch.
Im not gonna judge this game yet , im gonna play some bf3 and return to hells reach after watching some youtube videos, reviews or maybe when you apply a patch.

you promised:

Free future updates and DLC!
Custom level and modification support!

I wanna see that! good luck, the game has great potential I like the third person perspective , thats makes the game different to the rest (for example kf)

ltcolshepard
10-25-2011, 09:51 AM
i really want leaderboards and stats tracking for this game and then i will never stop playing it.

Cr4zyB4st4rd
10-25-2011, 10:05 AM
When i started to play this game i was confused, go play make a great score but theres no leaderboars or stats tracking nor progression system like killing floor. I could not understand the mechanics of the game because theres not a clear tutorial(theres a readable one that i dont want read , sorry) there should be a playable tutorial.

The good points, the game looks awesome (good job with UE 3),several game modes, very good maps.

My advice if there are not leaderboars or stats tracking add them asap.
Also the game needs some kind of customization , if you dont like the level thing or weapons attachements at least put some skin to chose or color of the clothes.
Something to give the character your own touch.
Im not gonna judge this game yet , im gonna play some bf3 and return to hells reach after watching some youtube videos, reviews or maybe when you apply a patch.

you promised:

Free future updates and DLC!
Custom level and modification support!

I wanna see that! good luck, the game has great potential I like the third person perspective , thats makes the game different to the rest (for example kf)

Stats/Leaderboards are being tracked, eventually you will be able to see them and let your friends know how much better you are then them :)

The editor is already included for levels and mods, it isn't finalised yet but people can start using it today!

Future DLC will come, but it has just been released! :p

A tutorial will most likely be patched in.

Kradath
10-25-2011, 10:10 AM

What? No future DLC on release day? How dare you. :p

Joelturuz
10-25-2011, 10:16 AM
When i started to play this game i was confused, go play make a great score but theres no leaderboars or stats tracking nor progression system like killing floor. I could not understand the mechanics of the game because theres not a clear tutorial (theres a readable one that i dont want read , sorry) there should be a playable tutorial.
*snip*
This is something you might want to at least quickly check out if you're going to play as a demon. It's a bit less straightforward than human mode.

ltcolshepard
10-25-2011, 10:26 AM
thank you i am really pleased with the activity you dev have on fourms

cleptomano
10-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Stats/Leaderboards are being tracked, eventually you will be able to see them and let your friends know how much better you are then them :)

The editor is already included for levels and mods, it isn't finalised yet but people can start using it today!

A tutorial will most likely be patched in.

when i mentioned the dlc i was meaning that you could add some features based on the feedback. I know it takes time so no problem. The stat tracking should be somewhat fast though.
Is it me or this game has great potential if its well managed? i wanna see it on the steam top 20 for the months to come

Thanks for the fast reply and keep up the good work!

Tekkor
10-25-2011, 12:06 PM

Im going to take a chance and probably get the game because you stated this. The main thing holding me back from buying the game is there is no sort of advancement, tracking, stats or anything best I could tell. I mean Im all for throw-away entertainment...but in my shooters I like to have a little bit of a "Goal" or something to watch.

The fact that this genre of game typically is asking you to play the same handful of levels against the same handful of creatures...with the same handful of weapons over and over again kinda makes you want to have some sort of method to the madness.

Im one of those reformed gamers now where Im pretty much refusing to buy any game that costs more then like $30 unless its just some earth shattering title I must have in order to survive (which means almost nothing).

Lately Ive been playing games like PAYDAY: The Heist and anything else I can get my hands on for $20 or less, hehe. Your game will be my next purchase as long as you follow through on the stats tracking info all will be fine.

Euclix
10-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Im going to take a chance and probably get the game because you stated this. The main thing holding me back from buying the game is there is no sort of advancement, tracking, stats or anything best I could tell. I mean Im all for throw-away entertainment...but in my shooters I like to have a little bit of a "Goal" or something to watch.

The fact that this genre of game typically is asking you to play the same handful of levels against the same handful of creatures...with the same handful of weapons over and over again kinda makes you want to have some sort of method to the madness.

Im one of those reformed gamers now where Im pretty much refusing to buy any game that costs more then like $30 unless its just some earth shattering title I must have in order to survive (which means almost nothing).

Lately Ive been playing games like PAYDAY: The Heist and anything else I can get my hands on for $20 or less, hehe. Your game will be my next purchase as long as you follow through on the stats tracking info all will be fine.

It suprises me how many people have to have this. What about achievments, is that not enough?

I wouldn't understand I play games for fun and actually get irritated when I get drawn into leveling up systems because it feels like work.

Tekkor
10-26-2011, 08:39 AM
It suprises me how many people have to have this. What about achievments, is that not enough?

I wouldn't understand I play games for fun and actually get irritated when I get drawn into leveling up systems because it feels like work.

Ehh everyone is different as I hope you can understand. Im not saying they need to have a huge leveling and unlock system like a BF or CoD game or something. Just something.

The reason behind it for some is...yeah we all like playing games to have fun...that is sorta a given. But if all you do is give people 8 maps with a handful of creatures and guns and say "Have fun"....yeah its fun for a while. But to really give the game some longevity you need to have some sort of motivator hanging out there.

Yeah it doesnt have to be levels. Even just a simple stat page where people can look at kills, levels finished, time played, special mobs killed, infernos finished...etc. Just something so you can get a bit more attached to the game rather then just simple throw-away single map play and then your done.

To expand that...this is a good idea for the game and developers regardless of if you dont like it or not. The reason being it keeps the community around. More people will keep playing it...which makes more people for matches and more people to potentially buy content and sequels down the road.

So again...everyone is different. The Devs have said they will be adding some sort of stat tracking here soon. So then everyone will hopefully be happy.

RavN
10-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Im sorry but unlocks are a terrible idea. At least now everyone can play together without having to spend 30 hours grinding out levels like in killing floor. Thats fun for you? I do think maybe cosmetic unlocks might work for this game.

Tekkor
10-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Im sorry but unlocks are a terrible idea. At least now everyone can play together without having to spend 30 hours grinding out levels like in killing floor. Thats fun for you? I do think maybe cosmetic unlocks might work for this game.

Again if your referring to me...read my post. I didnt say specifically I wanted unlocks. Just something like stats tracking perhaps. Im not sure even the OP actually asked for unlocks.

Just some nice stat tracking maybe a few more achievements would be fine. I agree with some of the issues that arise from doing the unlocks thing as it gives people an advantage and in this type of game makes people elitist etc. So its not good to do.

phasmaphobic
10-26-2011, 09:08 AM

Many shooters today have advancement systems that seem completely superfluous. Being an old-school Quake Arena player, I don't understand the need for these advancements today. I think it's just people with short attention spans trying to justify those short attention spans.

Cosmetic unlocks would be awesome - new characters, skins, and such. I'd also love to be able to actually choose a character in a multi-player game. I always get stuck with the hispanic-sounding fellow, every damn time, and quite frankly I'm getting tired of his cliche dialogue. It would be nice to hear some of the others that I've played in Solo mode.

And I long for actual female characters.

Euclix
10-26-2011, 09:08 AM

30 hours in killing floor, try like 300. I have over 300 and still have a long ways to go to reach level six in every class, it just aint gonna happen.