PDA

View Full Version : Massive performance problems!

FrozenDozer
10-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Well, first: AWESOME Game! It really improved since the last version of the mod, I'm pretty happy with the purchase. You earn the money!

BUT

I have a major problem while playing the game... At first, or let's say in the beginning of every encounter, the game is running fine. But as soon as the Wave is done and only like 1/3 is left, the games' FPS go down MASSIVELY. There are some times where I'm playing with ~3FPS, including complete freezes for a second. Obviously this is very contraproductive, especially because the wave is getting harder in the end.

So, is there somebody who has the same problems or does know how to fix it? It's really not playable like this...

My Specs are:

Intel Q8300 @ 2,5GHz
MSI R4870
4GB DDR2 SDRAM
Win7 64Bit

Every other game based on the UnrealEngine is running just fine, and as I said, it's getting worse the longer the Wave lasts. I suppose it's some kind of script running indefinitely. Does anyone know how to fix this?

angrykenji
10-25-2011, 12:33 PM
What's your vid card?

FrozenDozer
10-25-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm not gonna answer that question. Read my post again, it's all in there.

elricbro3
10-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Just wanted to add that I experience this as well.

Running at 1360x768, all settings maxed out, I get fantastic performance at the beginning of the match.
Throughout the match, it just dies, at some points, I can't even aim properly due to the 1-3 fps I get.

I experience the same FPS loss even if I drop settings down to 800x600, all settings on low.

AMD Phenom4 2.33 GHz QuadCore
nVidia GTS 450
8GB RAM

Apparo
10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
i have no problems

elricbro3
10-25-2011, 01:15 PM
i have no problems

Then what are you doing in a thread about performance issues?

Get back to killing demons, before they take over Earth.

Zonker
10-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Ok, this is a very wild guess as Killing Floor had a similar problem which could usually be solved by manually increasing its cache size. Considering KF is UE2.5 and not 3, there seems to be no setting identical to KF's "CacheSizeMegs", BUT there is a "MaxOverallCacheSize" setting in
C:\Users\[HereBeYou]\Documents\My Games\the-haunted-hells-reach\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini
under [Core.System].

Some searching indicates at least "StaleCacheDays" and "MaxStaleCacheSize" only account as cache for downloaded content (maps, sounds etc.), but it might still be worth a try increasing "MaxOverallCacheSize" to maybe 150 or even 300.
So it says:
MaxOverallCacheSize=300

Again, just a crude guess, so maybe it doesn't do anything at all. :)

MarkosX
10-25-2011, 02:55 PM
I think we need a more advanced graphical options menu.

The only way I can run it at constant 60 frames per second 1080p is on low graphic settings, if I turn it up to medium or high it stutters as I look around. The other settings don't affect this at all, I think there is something that gets enabled starting with medium settings, some effect that causes this.

Unreal Tournament 3, Mass Effect 2 and other Unreal Engine 3 games run at constant 60fps all settings maxed on this same machine, so this really bothers me.

My specs:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
RAM
8.0GB DDR3
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H61M-D2P-B3 (Socket 1155)
Graphics
W2353 (1920x1080@60Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 5770

Sanjuaro
10-25-2011, 02:59 PM
I am also having some framerate issues that weren't present when I used to play the mod. I'll try tweaking it to see if I can fix it.

Edit: A possible quick fix I can think of off the top of my head would be to go into:

Documents>My Games>the-haunted-hells-reach>UDKGame>config>UDKEngine.ini AND

Steam>steamapps>common>the-haunted-hells-reach>Engine>Config>BaseEngine.ini

and change
"MinSmoothedFrameRate"
and
"MaxSmoothedFrameRate"

I have mine set to 45 each but haven't tested it to see if it helps. I know it did for Alpha Protocol's framerate issues so I'm hoping it will transfer over.

Feel free to test other things to see what works. Remember to backup your .ini files before editing in case you need to revert back.

FrozenDozer
10-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Problem still persists... it's unplayable like this. I just die all the time because I can't hit ♥♥♥♥, even with the meleeattacks.

Still no solution?

biggpaul
10-28-2011, 10:56 AM
I run a
Phenom 2 x6 1090t
8gb ddr3 1600 ram
and an hd6870
i get 60+ fps in battlefield 3 on ultra at 1920x1080, i think we just need some more patches to fix the things.I never had these issues with the mod was always smooth even when there was a chrono disaster or what ever its called.also from what i've noticed playing around in the config files there's a line that that i cant seen to find at the moment but basically what it was is its using the diablo 2 difficulty scale so the more players you have the more monsters there are. There's times also that i've noticed that most of the monsters are just standing doing nothing and it looks like stormwind trade district during peak hours don't matter how good you pc is fps is going to go down the toilet.now in my opnion since half the monster do nothing when there's a bunch the devs need to change the scaling system to have less spawn at a time make them smarter or have them always know where you are, and have them hit harder. If your gonna complain about them hitting harder than you dont know how to use the evasion buttons and roundhouse kicking the game gives you.

hVn
10-28-2011, 11:00 AM
I´ve got the same problems as well, the more enemies are present, the worse its running. Well it just makes sense due to more things to be handled by your computer but anyway, some tweaking wouldn´t be a bad thing really.

biggpaul
10-28-2011, 11:11 AM
agreed and also like i said battlefield 3 on ultra with all the shinies runs better. :cool: