PDA

View Full Version : Voice chat supported?

phasmaphobic
10-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Either all of the games I've played have been with mic-less people, or I've got things configured wrong. Has anyone got voice chat to work in this game? Are there any specific settings or tweaks you have to do? Steam settings seem fine and have been tested...

markusarv
10-25-2011, 06:25 PM
The game mute all players by default. There is an option in the main menu to turn this off. Other people that would like to hear you have to turn off this setting too.

phasmaphobic
10-25-2011, 06:43 PM
That's... not very well-intentioned? Seems very counter-intuitive

Anyway, I've already done this. First thing, actually.

phasmaphobic
10-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Okay, so let me get this straight.

This is a team-based co-op game. Meaning, this is an online multi-player game, in which players must work together. Voice chat - the greatest tool we have for communicating in a fast-paced game like this - is disabled by default. Additionally, everyone else is automatically muted on your end unless you manually go in and enable them, in the middle of a fast-paced game?

That... Really?

I'm a bit confused. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this. So not only do I have to enable my own voice chat in-game, I also have to un-mute the others, and then I have to let each and every other person I play with know that they should do the same?