PDA

View Full Version : To anyone else out there playing on nightmare.

recrm
10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
I love hard games, so I it never really occurred to me once to play this on anything other then nightmare. Right now, I'm adoring this game. Apart from the odd glitch here and there I'm really finding the battle system to be surprisingly deep, and I'm loving it.

I'm just asking anybody else who is playing on nightmare how they have their controls set up. I'm playing on a keyboard (I wouldn't have it any other way) and the only thing I can't figure out a good spot for is the lock on key. Unfortunately, the lock on mechanic tends to make Alice harder to control rather then easier, and while in lock on mode I'm constantly dodging in the wrong direction. (which has accounted for a large chunk of my deaths.) However, I can't throw it out completely because both ranged moves are pretty much useless in combat without being locked on.

I guess that is the weakness of a keyboard. I really wouldn't mind a zelda style (hold) z key. Right now I have it mapped to my mouse wheel (scroll up, toggle) which isn't ideal, but I can't think of anything better.

Anywho, I really love the intensity, and was also wondering if there is anybody else out there who agrees. Favorite battle so far is rad room 4 in chapter 2. 2 teapots and a menacing ruin, followed by 4 teapots and a menacing ruin.

AeddGynvael
10-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Maybe one of those extra mouse buttons on the left side of your mouse, which function as "Back" and "Forward"?

MustardJeep
10-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Tagged mine to Mouse4.

Mmmphh
10-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Just out of curiosity, is this Nightmare playthrough your first?

Oh, and try "c" for the lock-on button. It's useful for flying stuff and the Colossal Ruin (where you have to shoot all the itty bitty faces), but other than that I think it just detracts from the fun of shooting things.

Caiobrz
10-26-2011, 01:55 AM
I played all the way with default keybindings.

BTW Nightmare is a breeze -_-

Goldendog
10-26-2011, 06:09 AM
That fight was the most difficult for me and I never used focus until I got to it. I mapped focus and target forwarding to the mouse thumb buttons (back and forward for browsers).

Ducttape
10-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Tagged mine to Mouse4.

This. I can tap it with my thumb and it just feels natural.

recrm
10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
I really wish my mouse had one of those forward back buttons, that would solve so many problems.

Yea it's my first play through, however right now I don't think I'll finish. The DRM just screwed me hard and I don't know how to fix it. The game randomly forgot that my account was activated, and it won't let me sign in. (every password combination is invalid, even if I know it isn't.) So the best I can think of is that there is something preventing my client from communicating with the EA server. I have no clue what, and now I'm just frustrated.

Love the game, but pc gaming in general is going in a bad direction. If something doesn't magically happen soon, I'll probably have to pick up a pirated version.

Caiobrz
10-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Love the game, but pc gaming in general is going in a bad direction. If something doesn't magically happen soon, I'll probably have to pick up a pirated version.

Why would you resort to illegal methods if things don't go the way you like? I was hoping the end of that sentence read something like "probably have to pick up a console", but you actually shoot your own feet on that remark