PDA

View Full Version : a terrible sequel :(

lordofterror
10-26-2011, 04:53 AM
I just want to know what went wrong ? why you chose balive instead of spellbound ? just terrible game after playing the demo , i feel you can release airline tycoon 1 here instead and its much better than this
my hate points about the game
- no multiplayer ? 30$ is a horrible price for a broken single player tycoon game
- no newspaper stand :( just lame text
- broken ai , either goes bankrupt fast or wins asap
- terrible loading for everything , lol even to quit :O
- no cargo
- horrible flight planning bring back the classic style
- no interaction with other tycoons
- no phone or laptop in game
- horrible message system , it cant seem to update fully always gets stuck displaying half the messages
- terrible plane names ? what happened ?
- the game is suppose to be a fun simulator ? but all of a sudden throws up realistic rules like you can't employ or change the planes when they are in flight? who the hell cares ? the old game did it perfectly by doing the changes after the plane landed, no need to wait
- of course no realistic stuff like stocks,cargo,dividends, purchasing oil, maintenance exist like the old game had them
-horrible music
- can upgrade the plane before purchasing it but cant after buying it?
- the airport is dead and empty , just a couple of cardboard cutouts moving around?? where are the customers ? and the thought bubble on their heads?
-oh you got to love this big character models? is it suppose to be funny?
looks like this one followed the same path as duke nukem forever , i strongly suggest not getting this at the current price its barely worth 10$.

the only good things i can say about this game are
- its an playable tycoon game on its own but not as airline tycoon 2 :X
- the special orders are good
- plane interior and exterior customization is very well done
i wish the devs listen to the old players and try their best to improve this game
A huge airline tycoon fan disappointed :( after waiting for a decade
please release the first game here and do us a favor :(
i say buy this instead
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ATD/airline-tycoon-deluxe

Ranger3661
10-26-2011, 06:48 AM
I agree. I used to really enjoy the original, plus its expansions. After playing the demo today, I can only express a great sense of disappointment. Nothing works smoothly. Actions that should take moments take minutes. On top of everything else, I just wasn't fun. Worse than work.

TheWickedGerman
10-27-2011, 07:29 AM
While the game isnīt perfect, itīs quite enjoyable even in itīs current state. Some of the low reviews are not justified in my view. Also they watch the commnuity very close and try to add as much features and improvemnts as possible(they announced patch 1.03 for veginning of November today)

Let me adress your points to paint a more balanced view(I see you only played the demo, there are not all features implented, too):

Nothing works smoothly. Actions that should take moments take minutes. On top of everything else, I just wasn't fun. Worse than work.

You mean the UI, all the extra clicks and clunky interface?
Get patched with 1.03 (also that you can leave every room with right click, like in AT1, lotīs of people complained about that).

This is my major complained about the game, the UI, but Iīm optimistic that it will be much better with the patch.

- no multiplayer ? 30$ is a horrible price for a broken single player tycoon game

Full price games cost usually 50Euro, Its 33 on Steam, almost half price for a full price title on release. Just because it hasnīt multiplayer, doesīnt make it horrible priced, itīs very reasonable priced - Maybe 50 bucks would be too much for SP only.

Also please specify where the game is broken? Itīs perfectly playable with no game breaking bugs.

- no newspaper stand just lame text Would be nice to have but only a minor point, I never read the newspaper in the kiosk again after my first couple of games. So no big issue.

- broken ai , either goes bankrupt fast or wins asap
How can you say this after playing only the demo, that only contains the tutorial and 2 short missions?

- terrible loading for everything , lol even to quit :O
Loading times are not terrible, but slightly annoying from my expierience. But this depends also on your game (how many planes, passengers you and the npcīs have ect.. more to calculate).

- no cargo true, but AT1 hadnīt cargo too, it has been added much later with one of the "expansions"

- horrible flight planning bring back the classic styleWhatīs wrong with it? You drag and drop your flights and maintenance units in the shedule, similar to AT1. Care to explain?

[QUOTE]- no phone or laptop in game Valid point, would be nice to be able to manage all important things via Laptop/phone. Might be patched in, (but not confirmed yet for 1.03)

- no interaction with other tycoons
What? There is espionage and sabotage. Onyl sharing your bases is not anymore, as you canīt have "minor" bases on other airports.

horrible message system , it cant seem to update fully always gets stuck displaying half the messages

It displays only a "preview", click it to see the full message.

- terrible plane names ? what happened ?

I find them OK, but everyone has a different taste I guees.
But may I ask why your donīt rename them? ;)

- of course no realistic stuff like stocks,cargo,dividends, purchasing oil, maintenance exist like the old game had them

stock exchange : they consider it, but have to consider the game balance, so itīs currently not sure if itīs been added.
purchasing oil: true not implented. But I think AT1 hadnīt it from the beginning too.

cargo: you mentioned this already

maintenance: Off course it does exist! Did you play the game at all?

-horrible music

True :( - but they are already mods for it

- can upgrade the plane before purchasing it but cant after buying it

What upgrades do you mean, you can upgrade it, as long as the plane is groundes (interiour). Do you mean the parts and bits and stuff? These are no upgrades, this is the design of the plane! Off course you canīt change it Afterwards.

- the airport is dead and empty , just a couple of cardboard cutouts moving around?? where are the customers ? and the thought bubble on their heads?

Thought bubbles will be added with the patch 1.03 (officialy confirmed). You can change the ammount of people running in your aiport in one of the ini files. Currently 1 passenger displayed represent 50 (thatīs why your passenger cabin is always so empty in smaller planes, if there only 70 passengers flying, it shows only 1). You can change it to any ration you want. Also they might change it from the box with 1.03, as a new screenshot on their forum shows a much more crowded airport.

-oh you got to love this big character models? is it suppose to be funny?

Yes it it is. I like it, maybi itīs typical "German" ?

As you can see there are some points where I agree, but they are all just minor points, mostly for atmosphere. Some of them are already patched, or will follow with 1.03 next week.

Itīs worth the€33,- I paid, a solid game with a clunky UI and some minor features lacking, but still fun to play, and after the next patches, if they add some more feautes, it will be a great game.

If you are on the edge, I recomennd to read Kalypso mediaīs forums, to see what the coming patches will add on features, and then decide.

dr_zampolit
10-27-2011, 07:49 AM
With 2 posts this being one of them, you almost sound like the dev or publisher defending it. Confirms the issues at least! I'll avoid it until its on steam sale for $5 and patched up then. Other simulations I go for this month's budget!

lordofterror
10-27-2011, 08:38 AM
With 2 posts this being one of them, you almost sound like the dev or publisher defending it. Confirms the issues at least! I'll avoid it until its on steam sale for $5 and patched up then. Other simulations I go for this month's budget!
haha ya , that's why i choose not to reply to him , really guys trust me when i say this is butchered sequel to the awesome airline tycoon 1 , 30$ for such a mess is not justified
maybe if they patch it , it may be playable.
For those who have not played the first game , check out some of the you tube videos of the first game and play the demo of this game.
at it current state its as good as duke nukem forever , dont trust check out the kalypso forums , its a mess
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51
@ the german dude
when i meant maintenance not the one where you have to place it in the flight planning, the one in airline tycoon 1 was awesome , you could choose how much maintenance your planes could have, hell if you got the guy a wine bottle :D you could recruit his cleaning lady to do the maintenance.
and mate the newspaper was awesome , you could know what was happening in the funny airline tycoon 1 world. im collecting the videos on you tube i can post them later to prove everything i said . dont mislead others please.

good news all new patch 1.03 is incoming
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=12143

TheWickedGerman
10-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Got me, Im paid by Kalypso. I just registered in June to make it less Obvious.

Serious, I am defending it, because I like it as it is. Could have been better? Yes. But the Devīs actually listen to their community and trying to inmplent as much of the missing features as they can. Certtainly they will not add everything we demand, but Iīve the impression they do the best

I think my arguements are fairly objective and if you check the facts with the patch notes from 1.02 and the announcements of 1.03 you can already see tgat they adressed the biggest issues players had(User Interface, Loading times, thought bubbles, Live monitors where you can see all flights (and they are linked to your flight so you donīt have to go back to your office), making your planes visible at the gates.

Regarding maintenance: In AT1, if I recall correctly, and please, correct me If I am wrong - you had 3 choices of maintenance (no medium & high), in AT 2, you can adjust the time from 10 to over 200 minutes, allowing a much better fine tuning of the final percentage you want to have your plane repaired to. How exatly is the much more simple solution from 1 better?

If you read my post carefully you will see that I advised people to check the official forums to see what content will be patched in, and then make a decision.

Also while there is a lot of ranting going on in the forum, there also quite a few who share more or less my view of the game.

In itīs current state I would give the game 70-75%. Off course AT1 is more polished and has more features, it had 2 or 3 expansions and lot of patches.

PS: Whatīs Wrong with Duke Nukem Forever? :p

lordofterror
10-12-2013, 09:48 PM
So just bumping this up cause i saw , a gold version now in the store , avoid it apart from releasing dlcs they have not done anything to improve the game experience , anyone who suggested anything good to improve the game , got played for fools
suggestion to improve the game = paid dlc , im not kidding check out the dlc for yourselves, Probably worth purchasing after a price drop to 9.99 and a 75% off sale
I cant believe it was even possible to ruin a game like airline tycoon , this sequel is the example how to do it :X