PDA

View Full Version : Please, Sam, rescue me!

DelorilMelen
10-26-2011, 06:01 AM
Dear Sam,

you're my last chance of legitmate my previous pre-orders
(which includes your new coming up adventures).
What should I say? I pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever,
because I was really hot on this. With all respect, it was
the worst buy I ever did, but okay, I got other pre-orders
left.
Then comes Stronghold 3, which was originally planned
to release on Oct 18th, same as your adventures, but got delayed.
It would have been a nice birthday present, because 17th was my b-day.
But okay, your adventure seems to be so powerfull and great,
that it has to be delayed a couple of weeks.
I respect this decision. The mankind was not ready for your powerness!

So, after a week Stronghold 3 was there and after playing some hours I get
really, really disappointed about it. I dont feel cheated about that game,
but I dont feel the ... magic during play.

So, you're my last (own placed) pre order for this year.
(the others like Torchlight 2 etc. are gifts or "I hate you and pre-order ???? for you"-presents :-).
So I think you can understand that you are my really last hope to feel myself
doing it right to pre-order stuff. your the light on the end of my tunnel.
Please, dear Sam, please dont disappoint me.

sincerly

Cunin
10-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Sam has listened to your pray.

MADDOGGE
10-26-2011, 11:22 AM
CroTeam still knows how to make a good old fashion run and gun twitch shooter. Fear not my child, your prayers have been answered. No DNF fail this time.

It's nice to know some developer in a world where every game seems to play the same still knows how to make the real deal. I wouldn't want all my games to be SS style games. I like variety but it's a damn shame that of all the original developers I began gaming with id, 3DRealms, Epic, GearBox, Raven, etc have forgotten their roots. Have apparently actually forgotten how to make such games. Leaving only CroTeam with the will and know how to make these type games.

Would it hurt id, 3DRealms, Epic, GearBox, Raven to release an occasional retro shooter with huge meandering complex levels, Quicksave, med packs and no limits on weapons carried, along side their usual casual fair?

kataklinger
10-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Would it hurt id, 3DRealms, Epic, GearBox, Raven to release an occasional retro shooter with huge meandering complex levels, Quicksave, med packs and no limits on weapons carried, along side their usual casual fair?

Financially? Yes.

fair_dragoon
10-26-2011, 03:23 PM
In other words, black and white and blue and brown, and all other colours in between, would hold hands and get along until Jesus.... ääähmmm no... Sam comes.

BarneyStinson
10-26-2011, 03:44 PM
OP, you don't have to use spaces after every few words. This isn't a poem. Also, it's hard to understand what the hell you're saying, but it seems like you blindly pre order games and now you're pissed that they sucked. Solution: don't pre order games anymore.

RaranTroff
10-27-2011, 04:04 AM
This will be my most played game once it comes out. A real shooter that doesn't require grinding, you can have tons of weapons, no cover mechanic. Its almost too good to be true, I bet the multi is even better due to no unlock/grind mechanic.

Cunin
10-27-2011, 07:09 AM
lol true.
Forget relaxing FPS sessions where you just sneak behind a corner and kill enemy after enemy, on Serious Sam enemies sneak behind that corner and kills you.

Masterclown
10-27-2011, 07:30 AM
You know, I don't want to sound like a weiner, but the thread title and the poem in the message has me feeling uneasy because it comes off sounding effeminate.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! It just ain't my cup of tea.

kataklinger
10-27-2011, 08:15 AM
enemies sneak behind that corner and kills you.

If they don't get stuck behind a wall.

Cunin
10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
You wish they would get stuck. Croteam is adding 150% more grease on walls to prevent it from happening.
They'll get you while you sleep.

MADDOGGE
10-27-2011, 10:25 PM
If they don't get stuck behind a wall.Be glad because his 200 buddies aren't stuck and are coming straight for you. Stuck AI's in SS games never bother me. never had. I always assumed they were designed that way as part of the gameplay. These creature after all ain't the most intelligence and some are already dead so IQ's probably are in the single digits.:D:cool:

RaranTroff
10-28-2011, 05:41 AM
This game really needs to come out. The past 3 shooter games I have bought have been less than stellar. Granted they were indi stuff but they all let me down in some way. I know SS3 will actually be what it says it is, not throw any stupid mechanic at me, and lastly will actually just be what it is instead of trying to copy every other fps game out there.

DelorilMelen
10-28-2011, 07:24 AM
OP, you don't have to use spaces after every few words. This isn't a poem. Also, it's hard to understand what the hell you're saying, but it seems like you blindly pre order games and now you're jarateed that they sucked. Solution: don't pre order games anymore.

It was not my intention to wrote down a poem!
I'd wrote down some odd feelings about my last purchases (in special pre-purchases) - a.k.a mistakes - in a peacefully (and hopefully some funny) way.
Sorry, I'm in fact german but I'm not Goethe! ;)
And, at this time I was bored and had time to write something down.

The space thingie, well, after first preview of my post I've got a whole
block of chars and as a software developer, I cutted down to short lines
intuitional, sry about that :cool:

And no, I absoluteley don't pre order games blindly. It has always been fully rational, well balanced decisions.

Duke Nukem:
I expected not the entire new Messiah, morely mediocre, but I was able to get a cheap pre-purchase and thought, why not.
Result: I was not dissapointed because of it didn't reach my average expectation, no, it was the mater of fact it was the worst expectaion-fails-experience I ever had.

Stronghold 3:
I love the entire series, and they told us, they'll focus on the first one, which is absoluteley the best ever. Therefore, it was for me a personal must have. I expected Stronghold 1 with better performance, better graphics(higher resolution) and good multiplayer.
Result: A dissapointing, mediocre, well not functioning middle-class title.

Now Serious Sam 3:
All I really expect on this game now, is they'll follow his bottom line of design. Nothing more, nothing less. Be a classic oldschool shooter what DNF acclaimed to would have been and which epic failed by that.

Ah, and I forgot Portal 2! This was after Amnesia my 2nd pre-purchase I ever did. Both fullfilled my expectation. So, I come up with 5 (myself placed) pre-purchases in lifetime. 2 good ones, 2 bad ones. One left.

And no, I'm not effeminate! :cool:

Cunin
10-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Don't worry DelorilMelen, I found your post funny :)

Redboy
11-04-2011, 07:20 PM
DNF is not bad but at first run I was dislike a lot but in second and third run, I begin like DNF because of this SP story is all about...between babes and aliens bastards...