PDA

View Full Version : This is why I buy Retail plus shipping

grimgard
10-26-2011, 09:25 AM
This why I buy most of my games retail. Every time I buy a new release from steam there is some Sh*tstorm with the game I pre-purchased/was just released.

If you wait a few days, buy it online and have it shipped most likely most of the problems will be sorted out by the time you get the game.

I understand missing features and what not will no be fixed until a much latter date but at least the game is more likely to be playable.

Everyone needs to realize that not one is making PC games like this anymore and if a company does then you have to be willing to grin and bear it until the game gets a proper patch. The glory days of PC gaming are coming to an end because of the consoles so it would seem logical to support the game companies who are still willing to make PC games even if it is a buggy POS.

Nixiam
10-26-2011, 09:39 AM
This why I buy most of games retail. Every time I buy a new release from steam there is some Sh*tstorm with the game I pre-purchased/was just released.

If you wait a few days, buy it online and have it shipped most likely most of the problems will be sorted out by the time you get the game.

I understand missing features and what not will no be fix until a much latter date but at least the game is more likely to be playable.

Everyone needs to realize that no one is making PC games like this anymore and if a company does then you have to be willing to grin and bear it until the game gets a proper patch. The glory days of PC gaming are coming to an end because of the consoles so it would seem logical to support the game companies who are still willing to make PC games even if it is a buggy POS.

when you will receive the game, be sure, will be still broken.
Even if this will happen in 2 months.
You will be scared knowing how many bugs can fit in a single dvd.

grimgard
10-26-2011, 10:01 AM
when you will receive the game, be sure, will be still broken.
Even if this will happen in 2 months.
You will be scared knowing how many bugs can fit in a single dvd.

Are you aware that there is a patch coming out in two days to address the major bugs? and a content patch in November that will add features people are going Ape over?

Or are you just a negative Nelly?