PDA

View Full Version : Steamail? Why don't we have it yet?

Stalker7d7
10-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Why do we not yet have email for our steam accounts? I mean, log in, and see email, or messages, that we received while we were offline? :confused:

Doesn't have to be a particularly advanced version of a mail system, but it would be really handy. :)

And besides, Steamail just rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?

EDIT

Nobody likes email. So just do an offline message log as already suggested. IE, send messages to people that are offline, and they get them when they log in.

Nisseman
10-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Why not name it Steambook while they are at it then?
Steam is for games not an email service.

real4xor
10-27-2011, 12:16 PM
meh, I wouldn`t mind if it had a chat log, tho. Then you could just use chat to send messages, and include sending them to people that are offline.
And receiving it as soon as you get online, incase you`re offline when receiving messages.
They`d probably have to restrict offline messaging to friends to prevent spam. But it could also be an optional thing.

I don`t really see the use of email services...
There`s enough of those around. If you don`t want to use the mail associated with your Steam account, there`s hotmail, gmail, ymail, etc etc. all free.

Mellowdrone
10-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Probably because

a. It's not worth it
b. Everyone has emails
c. It won't make anything more simpler
d. It's not even related to gaming

and did I mention that it's not worth it?

Stalker7d7
10-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Seems like people didn't read what I wrote. :/

Disappointing.

Mr.Duck
10-27-2011, 02:33 PM
That's not mail, that's offline messages. Steam mail is a stupid idea tbh.

Bilateralrope
10-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Email through the Steam client ?
Email with an easily harvested address list. Start with one person, go through their friends, then their friends of friends, etc.

How do you plan to stop spam ?

Stalker7d7
10-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Email through the Steam client ?
Email with an easily harvested address list. Start with one person, go through their friends, then their friends of friends, etc.

How do you plan to stop spam ?

Restrict it to friends only.

And since so many people are against the idea of actual email, just do an offline message log. IE, send messages to people that are offline, and they get them when they log in.

Mellowdrone
10-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Offline messages are matter of their own.

I read the title, I read the first line of your topic and ended at email.

Everything before that said that Steam should make Steamail.

Offline messages are something that are discussed frequently of anyways.