PDA

View Full Version : Ship Design/Build Interface

VonBargenJL
10-28-2011, 01:52 PM
So you start the game with a bunch of ships built...
in SotS1 you could hover over a ship and it's sections would be displayed. It's not happening here. So I have all these hiver ships 'chep tiza' and what not, no idea what they do. i know it's in the design menu, but (for example) i deleted my pre-existing designs because well, i had no idea what they meant and i wanted to name them something familiar.

then, back at the build menu, when selecting ships to design, it says 'command section/mission section...etc' like they're placeholders. otherwise when selecting a ship, i guess you have to just know what the differences look like.

not complaining too hard. I read the other threads, hope this is patched in the release version as soon as it updates :D

and the new weapon selection is... not as good as the old way. or at least trying to hover over the current vs proposed weapon stats, label which one is which? its just a line, and another greyed line...

Tericc
10-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Have you figured out how to move your ships from one system to the next?

I built a few new ones and i cannot figure out for the life of the hamsters in my head how to to even put them into a new fleet like the original much less move of any of the pre built fleets you start out with.

ErebusDL
10-28-2011, 01:58 PM
You no longer move individual ships, you order fleets on missions.

Right click on the star you want to send a fleet to and select the appropriate mission (for example Survey for unexplored stars).

Then select the fleet you want to send. It'll give you a total ETA (travel time + mission time), the travel time is round trip I believe.

Hullucinate
10-28-2011, 01:58 PM
I think you have to select your fleet then right click on a planet and click on move or something n the dropdown menu

Astasia
10-28-2011, 02:03 PM
To put new ships into a new fleet you need to go into fleet management and create a new fleet and pick an admiral. They have traits, I have no idea what they do. Then you drag the ships from the reserve list into the new fleet.

stoicfaux
10-28-2011, 02:10 PM
You can figure out what each ship does by looking at it in the ship designer. The names of the ship sections are at the top.

You should have a survey fleet on your homeworld. To explore a new star system, right click on the target start system and click survey. Select the fleet to send for the survey and the fleet will travel there (which takes time) and do a survey (which takes more time.)

The module descriptions are listed in the encyclopedia.