PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Sale?

Stoib
10-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Any particular reason this game isn't part of the Halloween sales? I mean it is literally the entire setting of the game, no? One could argue that it too recently appeared on steam to be discounted; however it's been released on consoles for over a year now so it's hardly *new*.

Guess I'll wait for Christmas sales :confused:

held
10-29-2011, 01:44 AM
Any particular reason this game isn't part of the Halloween sales? I mean it is literally the entire setting of the game, no? One could argue that it too recently appeared on steam to be discounted; however it's been released on consoles for over a year now so it's hardly *new*.

Guess I'll wait for Christmas sales :confused:

The reason is that the devs developed this game specially for Halloween. Why should they give a discount on a brand new game, they put time and effort in? The other games on sale are no "special" Halloween games.

Stoib
10-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Why should they give a discount on a brand new game, they put time and effort in?

Because it isn't a brand new game, it's over a year old. No biggie anyway, I'll probably get it at Steam's next sale along with God knows what else that I'll likely never have the time to play anway :D:):(

held
10-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Ohh, I didn't know that this is a one year old console port. Then a little discount on Halloween would be fair. I finished the game today.

It was 6 hours of fun. You really have to read fast the game dialogues :)

Elvick
10-31-2011, 07:28 AM
At the very least, this version comes with the Grubbins on Ice DLC at no extra cost like on the console versions.

I have it on 360 and PS3. I was going to buy it yet again on it's next sale, so I guess I'll just have to wait. Unfortunately. ): I'd have liked to play it on Halloween, on PC. Guess I'll play it on PS3 instead and wait it out.

Yes I love the game enough to buy it 3 times.

ThirdMagus
10-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Dudes, dudettes, are my eyes deceiving me or is this game on sale? 67% off, or only €4.65 here in Eurozone. Last day of the sale, act quickly!

TheInsaneDump
10-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Is the game any good?

thealexfish
10-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Is the game any good?

Yes. If you enjoyed classic RPGs like Super Mario RPG or Earthbound you'll have a good time.

nomilarac
10-31-2011, 02:56 PM
F****************ck, i bought it for the X360 not even 24 hours ago, since it was on sale there too (600 MS Points). I would have much prefered to have it in Steam/PC.... :mad:

Do you think i could get a refund for the XBLA version somehow? I just can't justify myself to buy the same game twice in under 24 hours.

-.-

SlyCooper013
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM
F****************ck, i bought it for the X360 not even 24 hours ago, since it was on sale there too (600 MS Points). I would have much prefered to have it in Steam/PC.... :mad:

Do you think i could get a refund for the XBLA version somehow? I just can't justify myself to buy the same game twice in under 24 hours.

-.-

Highly doubt it. That sucks dude.:p

bassmaster
11-01-2011, 12:21 AM

-.-

At least you bought in sale, better than the ones that just bought it on the release few days ago for full price on PC..

Metro
11-01-2011, 12:58 AM
classic RPGs like Super Mario RPG

/facepalm

sanjsanj
11-01-2011, 01:57 AM
I can't see a time limit on this sale, anyone know if it's part of the Halloween sale that ends in 6 hours or so? Or is it just an early release of a daily deal, or what's the deal here?