PDA

View Full Version : Considering Purchasing It

generalkorn12
10-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Reading reviews and such of how the port for Bully PC was poorly done, I'm wondering if the game is 'workable' with the current patch?

Also, how graphically different is this game compared to the PS2 or Xbox? (i.e better/worst etc)

notdeadyet
10-31-2011, 04:21 PM
i heard that when it released it was really buggy but they bugs were fixed with a new patch so you should be good

Rallymen007
11-13-2011, 01:08 AM
The game is playable, but it doesn't run well. The port is bad. And it feels like ♥♥♥♥ when using a keyboard, the Xbox 360 controller is much better.

However, it still runs and is a great game. Not many bugs, but a bad port.

Graphically, it's better than PS2 but should be equal to Xbox 360.

Johnny 0nly
11-13-2011, 01:57 AM
The buggiest part of the game at this point, in my opinion, is zoomed aiming, ... it's all over the place on PC. Of course that could be worked out on my end, it's such a small part of the game for me I never tried changing dpi/acceleration settings.

The game play is just as good as on console, unlike the poster above I found it easy to play on a keyboard after a couple of key mapping changes. It looks good, but certainly not as good as I remember on PS2. The biggest gripe for me with the graphics is how hazy the colors look, I remember the game overall looking much more crisp.

If you have a 64bit OS and over 2gb ram, install this first after the initial game instal:

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/479392-bully-scholarship-edition-patch-1-200

Once that is done you can remove the fps cap, something that probably ruined this game for many many players on PC: http://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=13762.0

Once you have these two things, the game is great and just as much fun as it was back in the day :)

Runs great with these modest specs:

Vista 64bit
i7 920 stock
ATI HD4870 stock
6gb 1066mhz ram

Donners
11-14-2011, 04:29 AM
I haven't played the console version, so I don't know how it compares, but there's definitely a lot of oddities in the PC version. The sound effects in particular drive me mad - the gratingly repeated lines, odd footsteps and ambient noise all seem off. The controls can be a bit awkward, too.

It's a pretty solid game when you get past all that, though I must confess I lost interest mid-way through when the game world got a bit too big, and the travelling got boring.