PDA

View Full Version : Is this really the release version?

devorules
10-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Or was there another mistake and the Beta was uploaded with the DLC enabled? If this is the release version I simply cannot understand why the developer would think its okay to release.. surely it is detrimental for sales

mattosika
10-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Or was there another mistake and the Beta was uploaded with the DLC enabled? If this is the release version I simply cannot understand why the developer would think its okay to release.. surely it is detrimental for sales

Works fine for me. There are some bugs that need squashing and some more polish could definitely be needed but so far I'm enjoying it a whole heck of a lot.

malkuth
10-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Well the devs have not said a thing even after the new so called version. I guess they all went home to sleep.

But yes, this is the real version... Even though it still has a B at the end of the version number which usually means BETA.

Connacht
10-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Works fine for me. There are some bugs that need squashing and some more polish could definitely be needed but so far I'm enjoying it a whole heck of a lot.

So the "Options" button is not greyed out for you and you can see the scenarios?

mattosika
10-29-2011, 12:59 AM
So the "Options" button is not greyed out for you and you can see the scenarios?

Options are on the launcher and what makes you think there are scenarios?

Connacht
10-29-2011, 01:03 AM

There are some basic options on the launcher, but there is also a button on the in-game main menu screen called "Options" that does nothing when you click on it, but previously was accessible before the patch.

There is a "Scenario" button option when you play a single player game. It still doesn't nothing when I click on it. The Scenarios are part of the game just as they were part of the original.

Are you able to click on the in-game "Options" button and play the single player scenarios? If not, there is something wrong with the version you have as well.

Scynix
10-29-2011, 01:03 AM
This we can theorize is the build we were meant to see.

My audio cuts out for no apparent reason, there's a complete lack of any kind of detailed information in any of the places that really matter (what each individual module being added to an individual station does), ship design is kind of a mess.. I can't seem to replace all light slots with a weapon type anymore.

There's more but I'm tired and I'm going to sleep and hope they meant to release a third "this is the *actual* game" patch when I wake up.

mattosika
10-29-2011, 01:04 AM
There. Are. No. Scenarios. There weren't in the first game either. Kerberos slowly added the ones that now exist over time.

Connacht
10-29-2011, 01:07 AM
There. Are. No. Scenarios. There weren't in the first game either. Kerberos slowly added the ones that now exist over time.

No, that's not true. There were Scenarios available at launch in the original SOTS and they were promised as part of SOTS2 by Kerberos.

Also, what of the options button on your in-game menu screen?

mattosika
10-29-2011, 01:09 AM
No, that's not true. There were Scenarios available at launch in the original SOTS and they were promised as part of SOTS2 by Kerberos.

Also, what of the options button on your in-game menu screen?

Haven't looked. Playing the game since I paid $40 for it and waited quite a time to play it.

Connacht
10-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Haven't looked. Playing the game since I paid $40 for it and waited quite a time to play it.

You can't take a few seconds to check it? I mean literally, it would take you a shorter time to check than it would to make a post on these forums.

devorules
10-29-2011, 01:15 AM
this version is more stable than the other one, but i dont know if id call this a finished product thats all. once its finished i'm sure it will be good and ill get friends to buy :D

just got into an encounter with two surveyor fleets, all we did was stare at each other for five minuteslol

mattosika
10-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Doesn't really affect the playing of my game so it's really not a priority for me. Sorry.

Connacht
10-29-2011, 01:17 AM
this version is more stable than the other one, but i dont know if id call this a finished product

Given that content seems to be missing, I wouldn't call it a finished product either.

I'm starting to think this was a deliberate act on Kerberos' part.

Connacht
10-29-2011, 01:18 AM
Doesn't really affect the playing of my game so it's really not a priority for me. Sorry.

Wow dude, really? I mean, you're checking the forums but you can't look at the main menu of the SOTS2 screen to see whether or not the "Options" button is working or not to help your fellow gamers in diagnosing the problems that most, if not all, of us are experiencing?

methos32
10-29-2011, 01:19 AM
hang on wouldnt paradox as the publisher have say in when the game is released?

mattosika
10-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Wow dude, really? I mean, you're checking the forums but you can't look at the main menu of the SOTS2 screen to see whether or not the "Options" button is working or not?

Forums are up on the side. It's really less work than you'd think it is. Even if it is greyed out it's a non-issue for me anyway because like I said, it doesn't affect the game at all, and that's really the only part I care about.

Camoron
10-29-2011, 01:22 AM

The button that says "Scenarios" next to the "Maps" button in the create game setup.

devorules
10-29-2011, 01:23 AM
okay scratch the stability... i'm still getting crashes when hitting 'back' :(

Connacht
10-29-2011, 01:28 AM
Forums are up on the side. It's really less work than you'd think it is. Even if it is greyed out it's a non-issue for me anyway because like I said, it doesn't affect the game at all, and that's really the only part I care about.

You don't think that a plethora of options that are not available to you have no effect whatsoever on the game?

If you're having a perfect gaming experience, why are you wasting time on these forums?

methos32
10-29-2011, 01:29 AM
right according to the kererbous forums they are going for small fixes over the weekend and a major update on monday

mattosika
10-29-2011, 01:30 AM
You don't think that a plethora of options that are not available to you have no effect whatsoever on the game?

If you're having a perfect gaming experience, why are you wasting time on these forums?

I have a need to argue and a desire for sleep. Trying to find out which of the two are going to win out tbh.

devorules
10-29-2011, 01:30 AM
cool, thanks for the info methos.:D

comradek
10-29-2011, 01:31 AM

<sarcasm>
Works great for me. Too bad it doesn't work for you plebs. Nevertheless, I'll continue posting about how great it works for me and happily ignore glaring bugs.
</sarcasm>

Trolling. That's why.

Connacht
10-29-2011, 01:31 AM
right according to the kererbous forums they are going for small fixes over the weekend and a major update on monday

Which lends some credence to the hypothesis that the game wasn't ready for launch and was rushed out the door...

Connacht
10-29-2011, 01:32 AM
I have a need to argue and a desire for sleep. Trying to find out which of the two are going to win out tbh.

No need to argue further - your above post speaks for itself.

methos32
10-29-2011, 01:33 AM
ill let you know if i read anymore when i can get back on

mattosika
10-29-2011, 01:33 AM
Can't help the fact you all make me laugh.

bioxpm1
10-29-2011, 01:34 AM
@ "RECENT NEWS: This is the build that was intended to go out this morning - A large part of the DLC content that is now active."

You lost a customer, and his social network.

Baleur
10-29-2011, 02:04 AM

Are you joking?
1. everytime the ai gets in combat, you gotta wait for a minute for it to simulate.
2. there is NO crew / energy / supply mechanics explained anywhere in the game, nor are the modules explained anywhere, do they even have a function?
3. there is NO way to check admirals, what stats they have, what their traits do.
4. the ui is incredibly low and half-broken or not even finished. grey boxes in every popup dialogue, u think that is finished?
5. no scenarios, why do we think there will be? because they said so.
6. some researches dont even have icons, some dont have information.
7. some ui elements have wrong tooltips, try hovering over the reserve upkeep cost tooltip in the ship design window.

You cannot seriously decieve yourself so much as to think this is a finished game, regardless of what the previous gods Kerberos says (previous, until they prove that this version isnt the final one).
I tried playing this for 2 hours now, i tried and tried. After the 8 AI players decided to simulate every single battle they fought at turn 40, i simply gave up. What is the point? It is unplayable.
Yeah it's playable on the starmap, on the main menu.. Designing ships.. But it isnt playable if you actually try to really PLAY it.

Sigh. I'm so disappointed right now.. I never expected this from Kerberos..

Yokojaka
10-29-2011, 03:53 AM
<<Steam ♥♥♥♥ed up they gave us beta verision

Hewitt212
10-29-2011, 03:55 AM
Hey, if this is the actual retail version how come it's still nearly 4 gigs in size? I thought retail was meant to be 2 gigs? Gotta be another beta, right?

Kimohboda
10-29-2011, 04:03 AM
<<Steam ♥♥♥♥ed up they gave us beta verision

Aaaaahhh, now i get it! PA gave Valve a beta version and a release non beta version right. Common dude, Valve Steam is just a shopping window. They receive games from dev's and upload into their system so people van buy games from their chair. Get real and stop these kind of nasty steam trolls.

Demogorgin
10-29-2011, 04:20 AM
You all are missing an important factor I think. Just like in SoTS 1, there was a dedicated community that gave feedback and helped the game evolve into a perfected state over time. The developers have always listened closely to the community and improved the game.

I think we are going through the same process again and just need to be a supportive community to the developers. A playable game will emerge over time, and maybe six or nine months from now we will start to see a true diamond in the ruff emerge.

Note: I have to confess I have not bought the game yet myself because I already anticipated waiting for a more "polished gaming experience" down the road. I just want people to stay motivated who bought the game so that we get there sooner and I can buy it.

Baleur
10-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Demogorgin if you had actually played the game right now, you'd see that it is far beyond (below) anything most other devs have released. We're not talking a buggy release, we're talking half the game missing.
I would not even care about the bugs or glitches, because i'm in love with SOTS. But when the game itself is hardly even there, it's hard to love.
I still have my hopes up that tomorrow Kerberos will ride into battle in shining silver armor on a white steed declaring that "OH ♥♥♥♥, here is the REAL version", and we'll all get the amazing game we thought it would be.
:/

As i see it though, the glass is half full if you just filled it up, and half empty if you just drank some ;>

Demogorgin
10-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Demogorgin if you had actually played the game right now, you'd see that it is far beyond (below) anything most other devs have released. We're not talking a buggy release, we're talking half the game missing.
I would not even care about the bugs or glitches, because i'm in love with SOTS. But when the game itself is hardly even there, it's hard to love.
I still have my hopes up that tomorrow Kerberos will ride into battle in shining silver armor on a white steed declaring that "OH ♥♥♥♥, here is the REAL version", and we'll all get the amazing game we thought it would be.
:/

As i see it though, the glass is half full if you just filled it up, and half empty if you just drank some ;>

I trust and rely on consumer feedback like yours before making a purchase but it breaks my heart hearing this game off to such a bad start.

bioxpm1
10-29-2011, 06:31 AM
Right now the game consists of:
- starmap
- tech tree
- limited ship design
- 3 working actions (colonize, build station, build ship)

Everything else is missing, including combat, game is unstable and randomly crashing, sounds are glitching and stopping now and then. Honestly, unless this isnt the release version, I dont think its humanly possible to release the game in the next 30 days.

Baleur
10-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Grats, paradox dev stated (on paradox forums) clearly that it is in fact the real final version.
Amazing.

*uninstall*

methos32
10-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Grats, paradox dev stated (on paradox forums) clearly that it is in fact the real final version.
Amazing.

*uninstall*

evidence?
or diid they just say retail version

valdrog
10-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Yes apparently my final version of the game crashes 70% of the time i go in the research window, my subjects wont talk to me and im supposed to figure out how half the things in the game work by juts looking at them.

Hell, i cant even build a Gate, the Gate mission sends the gate ship and does nothing.

pendragon3
10-29-2011, 08:30 AM
that cant be a retail version.
this game crashes on every system.
i hope theire will come many patches - or our money is lost.

scott1974
10-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Or was there another mistake and the Beta was uploaded with the DLC enabled? If this is the release version I simply cannot understand why the developer would think its okay to release.. surely it is detrimental for salesI don't know. But I have had this game for more then 2 years now. Haven't played for months now.

Daemeous
10-29-2011, 08:32 AM
A claimed SOTS 1 veteran who causes the release version of a game the final version? Clearly the number of patches and expansions for it outnumber your Neurons by quite the margin.