PDA

View Full Version : yet another FM12 problem with Steam

simonmills86
10-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Hey guys, new on here so go easy on me ok.

Bought FM2012 last weekend, took it home, installed steam blah blah and it worked like a dream.
On monday I left home to go back to university and I haven't been able to play it once. The problem is when you try loading up the game, it refuses to play online OR OFFLINE citing no internet connection.

I'm no computer genius, far from it but surely I should be able to play the game offline WITHOUT an internet connection?
I've read a few places that I might need to change a setting on the router or something, but living in a shared building with about 50 other people, finding the router would be a fine thing and then tampering with it is kind of out the question. I've also read that Steam won't install on shared connections, such as university halls etc. Can anybody shed any light on this? Oh and I'm at the uni library now and its still not recognising the wireless connection either.

This has annoyed me beyond belief, not only have I lost one of my saved games as a desperate attempt of getting it to work again but forking out 30 for something that I seem only able to be able to play in one place is a joke as far as I'm concerned.

It said nowhere on the case of the game that is was unsuitable in any way to use at a university or in places with a weak connection speed. And ofcourse returning the game to Tesco is out of the question, they won't give me a refund for it once its opened so I've effectively been screwed out of 30. Cheers Sports Interactive/Steam whoever is responsible.

Si

howhigh1337
10-29-2011, 08:04 AM
To relogin in offline mode (from the main steam window, go to the steam menu and select go offline) steam must be online and be sure "remember password" is checked.
If you don't have such opportunity at university, import steam folder from home to your current computer, and then you'll be able to run steam in offline mode.

simonmills86
10-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Without sounding too much of an amateur, how do I login to the main steam window? When I try running the Steam program, as in click the icon, it starts updating and then tells me it can't run.

Cheers for the info though pal.

howhigh1337
10-29-2011, 11:10 AM
at first install steam itself properly, then: right click on steam icon @ tray and choose library

simonmills86
10-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Sorry I don't think I made myself clear enough. Steam has been 'installed' yet still needs to install updates before I can play the game allegedly. So I'm in kind of no mans land in terms of trying to get the game to work because I don't have the option to switch to offline :/. Really peeved off with this now.

howhigh1337
10-29-2011, 01:17 PM
if your current inet connection doesn't let you to update it, copy the steam folder from your home (as I said before).