PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming: where the hell are the settings!?

hyder
10-30-2011, 04:25 PM
I just bought this game for PC and as always I am totally disappointed by the crappy PC porting konami does with its games.

The game starts at 800x600 and, once inside the game, the only options which are available in the options menu are stuff like "invert axis" and so on... (so, purely "gameplay" options, nothing tech oriented)
Where do I get to change the (Advanced) Graphic and Audio settings?
I had to manually modify the .cfg file in order to get the game to 1680x1050, but now I'm carrying along a series of issues (like a cropped map every time I press Tab). Even the sound effects are kinda "under water style". I keep stabbing the nurses with my knife, but the only sound I get is a muffled swing sound, without any moaning or flesh-cut sounds when I hit the target.

Is this normal!? I mean...we are on an amateur level with this porting!!!

Carmanen
10-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Umm... ...there are video settings in the game but you can only set resolution, screen hertz and overall graphics quality (medium or high but no low:confused:) If you can't see video options on main menu, then i don't know what to do in your case:confused:

One question: have you got the US version of the game? Then it would explain because i have UK/EU version and that version has video options.

marsson
10-31-2011, 04:40 AM
He most likely just missed the "Video"-part of the options.

The audio in the game were completely messed up for me until I realized that my x-fi titanium hd had reverted to stereo sound instead of 5.1.
After I changed it back I've had no problems with it at all.

The bad part is that the game doesn't let you change the sound, so lots of people's been having problems with the game since it puts it out in 5.1, even if you're only playing in stereo.