PDA

View Full Version : Enemy ships flying away

luckyjj10
10-30-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm mostly enjoying the game so far, but as I type this:

there are 2 zombie ships that decided to run away from me when I zoned into a gateway attack. And literally that's all they're doing is running, they are at 50,000 distance and climbing.

Is there something I'm supposed to do here? They have to die for me to win, but clearly setting up a quick ship then attempting to chase them for who knows how long would be anything but "fun".

Is this just a bug? thanks.

BagofSnakes
10-31-2011, 10:53 AM
might be, they're only supposed to retreat until they get their shields back up and then return for another attempt to kill you.

Are you using cloak? and is your beacon still functional?

luckyjj10
10-31-2011, 11:12 AM
No and yes, I had to just mass retreat, however when I came back those 2 ships were all that remained and got instagibbed (which is confusing because I thought mass retreat reset the encounter?).

Just seems like a bug, I had it happen twice so far with zombie ships. I could just sit there and they'll keep flying further away.

blorf
10-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Hmm, we have never heard of this bug before. It is very very odd. Could you verify file integrity through Steam? It is possible something is corrupted with their AI files. Other than that, there is a console.log file located in your directory where the application resides. This may have some info too.

Please let us know the results of these actions here, or at contact@spazgame.com and we will get things fixed for you.

Our final option will be to try your savegame ourselves to try to repro this.

luckyjj10
10-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks, i'll check that stuff out tonight.

An idea I just had, I know one was a zombie, but I don't remember if the other was.

Could a zombie ship have been chasing a uta ship perpetually? Where one keeps regenerating "just enough"? For endless kiting the other away?

luckyjj10
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Files through steam are fine, only things fishy in the log are:

Loaded Quest: Quest_CombatEvent_01B
game/gameScripts/combatMouse.cs (298): Unable to find object: '0' attempting to call function 'getFaction'
game/gameScripts/combatMouse.cs (305): Unable to find object: '0' attempting to call function 'canObjectBeSeen'
and
game/gameScripts/escScreen.cs (67): Unable to find object: '739344' attempting to call function 'sceneSchedule'
game/gameScripts/tools.cs (45): Unable to find object: '739344' attempting to call function 'setScenePause'
game/gameScripts/tools.cs (47): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'setScenePause'

My game isn't stuck because of it and it seems rare... I think it might be my idea about the endless chase between 2 hostile ships

blorf
10-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Hmm, you are probably right. It is definitely possible for them to chase each other into oblivion if their AI is set a certain way, which zombies are always set to (seek and destroy)

Those errors are pretty safe too. The first one is just mouse highlighting related because an object has just been deleted but the game didn't know about it until next frame, and the second one is just the game shutting down (shooting itself in the head)

If you can keep an eye out for further fishy behavior that would be awesome, but as you say this seems pretty rare.

Pancho Villa
11-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I had something similar happen in an early mission where a civ and uta ship were fighting each other and the fight took them farther and farther from my fleet. I had to reship to fast ships to chase them out to 25,000 distance and kill the hostile uta ship to complete the mission.

blorf
11-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Ok, this is probably the same thing in both cases. The flee AI is allowing one ship to kite the other forever. I should be able to resolve this by whacking the AI with a stick a few times :) I have added to my todo list.

xizar
11-06-2011, 08:56 AM
I've also been experiencing ships just flying way *WAY* far out for no reason at all. With civ/uta ships it isn't that frustrating because I can eventually catch up (one way or another), but with zombies who will keep flying away while I'm fighting other stuff, AND drop eggs, AND keep flying farther and farther out it gets almost maddening.

I don't feel like spending 45 minutes trying to clear all that junk out on a jump to a science station to pick up data is "fun".

*IF* the alternative to this is to collect data and then retreat to mothership, perhaps the flavour text for that could be a bit less insulting.

This also doesn't address the issue during regular missions.