PDA

View Full Version : Almost forgot what PC shooters were about!

TheCowboyBebop
10-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Just got the pack off the Halloween Seal since I lost my original discs awhile back. Almost forgot what real PC shooters were about til I rebooted this fella up. We Need MOAR of this. Guess my next purchase will be Hard Reset since I hear it's in this catagory. FRAG ON!!!!

Zombiemonk
11-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Hard Reset is fun, but a little short and has an unfinished "indie" feel to it. but yeah, it's very much the same and I really liked it.

nothing beats Painkiller though. Kinda funny, since I did this video of my top 10 FPS games recently and Painkiller was my #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbfnyU0PCq0

Cunin
11-02-2011, 11:35 AM
If you like this genre then you should also try Serious Sam and Will Rock.

TheCowboyBebop
11-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Nice! I'll check that vid when I get home from work. Cunin - I have the SS games, and yes, I love them too. Never heard of Will Rock, gonna look into that.

Dave3d
11-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Heh.
Will Rock.
LOL

I purchased that a while ago (sometime this year).
Never finished it.
Quirky game, that 'should' be fun, but falls flat most of the time.

soviet_sharkey
11-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Hard Reset is slow, has regen on shields, has barley enemies on screen at once and no quicksave
this is what I discovered from demo
it may get better later but its not the second coming of the PC shooter as people say
SS3 could be

Terepin
11-03-2011, 05:29 AM
Slow? Has barley enemies on screen at once?! Dude, you have no idea how this game looks like.

TheCowboyBebop
11-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Yeah I played the demo and disagree with you Sharkey. I honestly don't mind not having quicksave, and I had plenty of enemies to shoot at. Only thing I missed was some form of bunny hopping! But that's from my quake 3/Painkiller/Half Life days =]